- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
New York 151 W 26th St, 10th Floor, Suite 1002 Get Directions
I have been working at Cloudera full-time (More than 3 years)
- Merger is done, and management did a good job with this hard and complex project, we had even outside advisors to help the project
- CDP is finished, and we are serving it to customers...
- soon/near future cloudera will be the biggest cloud, AI, big data provider,
- management is strict and hard but knowing their job, which we can see inthe numbers and yearly growth... downside they do not ask for much feedback in these days...
- I feel with all the manpower and tech knowledge and product, we have the best chance to be the biggest cloud provider in that sector and good feeling to be part of this.
- we lost (good) some expert in the merge, but I think it is normal, with some reoriginization there is always a chance that someone will not fit, or just decide they wanna part awayin. In the end this is a new entity/company
- but we got a ton of other expertise from Hortonworks, and know how, so this was good and necessary trade.
Advice to Management
- just make sure that you keep up the vibe and attitude towards. Also I know you are busy with doing your job, and making live the plan, but it is also important to make a good marketing and have a good name around the company.
- I feel sometime that we are doing better job than it can seem from outside, from the shareholders perspective...
I applied online. I interviewed at Cloudera (New York, NY (US)) in March 2018.
*Worst HR Ever* Not expected from a company Cloudera who are growing and really need talented people to join. Recruiter scheduled for 20 mins phone conversation. Again reached out a day before to reschedule because of her unavailability. Recruiter called late and had no idea about technical aspect of the job and said you can hold onto technical questions from your side till the next round which she said would be just a simple conversation.