- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (More than a year)
Great "people first" culture, they really mean it. Every employee is treated like they belong, and there's constant effort to make our workplace better. Great benefits and great people.
Sometimes teams feel siloed, would prefer a workspace where more voices and consensus can be heard.
Advice to Management
Try to avoid renaming our upcoming solution so many times. The name ultimately doesn't matter in the end, but the nomenclature from a technical standpoint can be burdensome when you still use libraries from the last naming iteration in the current one while moving to the new one.
I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.
Stage 1: HR phone screening; Stage 2: 4-person panel interview
- Overall unprofessional interview, panel did not read the resume judging by the questions asked, was rude....interview felt more like an interrogation (they asked for the names of the people I worked with from managers and colleagues).
- They conducted a background check without consent (despite withdrawing candidacy).
- Realized later that this panel consisted of acquisition folks (probably not trained in soft skills for interviewing for a large company).
- HR was extremely professional and deserves the only star.
- DO NOT get fooled by the reviews on Glassdoor and the Careers page on the corporate website as this doesn't apply to the Toronto office.
- Office seems to be less diverse (mostly new grads, apart from mgmt).
- Location good and is a new open-concept office.