Mission: Our vision is to become one of the world's leading independent creators of entertainment.
I have been working at Bungie full-time
- Many passionate people who want to make great games
- Management is not in an ivory tower, and they really care about the game because they play it
- Good benefits
- Some technical struggles with tools
- Large team that has individuals who disagree with good reasons on the direction of the game, which can happen when everyone is passionate but the team is so large. This leads to people feeling like they're not listened to.
Advice to Management
- Continue to trust the team and let them drive the direction of the game
- Continue to invest in tools and workflow solutions
- Admit mistakes internally and ask the team to help drive solutions; don't try to fix it all yourself
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bungie (New York, NY (US)) in July 2015.
Sent in a resume and cover letter. Received a short questionnaire followed by a programming assignment. After submitting it one week later, they decided to go in a different direction after two days of review. The assignment took a long time to complete within the time frame they allotted. They did not inform me what was wrong with any of the answers.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –