Mission: To create the preferred derivatives consultancy for banks, insurance firms and corporate treasuries worldwide.
At current we have a head count of 1800 + staff members
I have been working at First Derivatives full-time
- If you’re really good you get to be place on great projects
- Great expenses package. Helps you save way more than your pairs after University
- Okay work life balance Depending on your client
- You get to huge responsibility early your pairs from uni would hardly have
- Generally a great place to start off.
- Too many lousy young people.
- When you’re not good you can get placed on a crap project.
- High Attrition rate
Advice to Management
- Do well to keep your intelligent staff
- Reduce the rate of Irish Hire and be more diverse country wise
- Recruit smarter graduates from top universities and not mainly Irish students
- Improve your recruiting base globally.
- Give higher perks to top prospects to retain them.
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at First Derivatives (Newry, Northern Ireland (UK)) in November 2016.
Had a telephone interview with first derivatives. I was told this would only last about 15 minutes but I think it depends how long your answers are as mine was about 25 minutes. Firstly they ask about your academic background, then about the company itself - make sure to do thorough research as I was caught out on some specific stuff! And then basic competency questions.
Fantastic news at FD HQ this morning! We are pleased to announce we are among the WINNERS of the Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2017! #FDJobs #BPTW
A great night had by all at Newry's Christmas Colour Run last night. See pic below from some of our FD staff who took part #FDJobs #FDSocial