Mission: To be the catalyst in communities of customers, contributors, and partners creating better technology the open source way.
I have been working at Red Hat full-time (More than 5 years)
- You get to work with the best engineers in the industry
- Everyone is very helpful
- Very high on transparency
- Open organization: You get to share your views with everyone and also question/appreciate decisions taken by others(this is the best part of Red Hat)
- US centric company(Almost all of leadership/management team in US). If you are from other timezones, you have to adjust meetings/discussions according to US timezone.
- Weak management. A engineer centric company.
Advice to Management
Need to look at spreading leadership/management team globally across all offices.
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat (Pune).
Very lengthy...1 month long
3 face to face
Other on video chat
Asked everything on resume
Take interview for specific job roles
After technical everything very smooth
HR very helpful while onboarding
Not very flexible in salary negotiation