Mission: Our mission is to better humanity through software and help drive the creation of a socially and economically just world. We bring together the most capable, driven and passionate people - we call them ‘ThoughtWorkers’ - to:
1. Run a ...
Our thoughts on the emerging trends in tech shaping the future of software development and business strategy. Delve into the latest edition now to understand how it can impact your industry. https://thght.works/2QvaM0a
With the number of high-profile security breaches rising, agile software development teams are using Threat Modelling to understand how to protect their systems.
Learn the ‘How to's’ from our subject matter experts Jim Gumbley, ThoughtWorks and Fraser Scott, Capital One at our #XConfUnplugged18 Threat Modelling event on Thursday 22nd November at our London office.
Register here https://thght.works/2S12m1J
What would you like to do?
That’s one of the first questions you’ll be asked and it’s not about job titles.
We’re looking for change makers. Opportunity creators. Bridge builders. Mind openers. Status-quo shakers. Our job is to create a place where people have the freedom to make a real and positive impact on our world through technology.
Come by an office, meet us and see it for yourself.
There are a million ways to have an impact. With our open culture, flat structure, navigable size and lack of “red tape”, you are free to shape your experience and create all kinds of opportunities to learn, share and lead. We also provide lots of opportunities, from year-long leadership development programs to in-office tech talks.
Programs and benefits may vary by region, but in general, you will be able to:
We will support you and see that you have the resources you need to enrich your own personal journey at ThoughtWorks.
Tech for Social Good
As a global technology firm with social and economic justice at its very core, we are uniquely positioned to influence the impact of technology in the world.
"For me, the Social Justice pillar isn't just about doing work for good causes. It's also about looking at our core work and asking how it benefits society." - Martin Fowler, Chief Scientist, ThoughtWorks
ThoughtWorks is active in many movements around the world and is always looking for collaborators who share our values. If you want to work with us, please get in touch! Some of our core initiatives include:
Whether you know exactly what role you’re looking for, or you’re not quite sure but ThoughtWorks seems like a pretty cool place to work, talk to us! Our recruiters are happy to answer your questions and even connect you with other ThoughtWorkers in roles like the one you’re considering.
Explore our open jobs here on Glassdoor – or directly on our careers site to browse by region and apply.
Follow our Career Hacks blog for perspectives on careers in technology and at ThoughtWorks.
I worked at ThoughtWorks full-time (More than 8 years)
I joined TW fresh out of college and spent nearly 10 years, worked in Bangalore and Pune office. Things I loved about TW :
- Casual atmosphere, no formals/cubicles/bosses.
- You will find lots of passionate people around you. Their passion is not limited to work related stuff.
- People in general are open to ideas/feedback which is essential for pairing, and specially for agile to work.
- You can remain a tech person irrespective of your years of experience. Management is not necessarily the 'next step' here.
- Good work life balance. You would rarely be asked to work on weekends or beyond office hours. No need to get any permission to avail leaves.
- University(training for grads) is one of the best training program I have come across.
- STEP : a unique program which is for diploma holders. They are provided with S/W training, get to work on a live project and are also prepped up to complete a bachelor's degree. They might even be offered a job in TW at the end of this 2 years of training if they perform well.
- Juice stall, indoor games(pool :-)) , allowance for books, allowance for hobbies, Away Day and many more interesting things
Personally I am grateful to TW for helping me when I needed it the most. The management co-operated in the best way possible, and provided me with various benefits and facilities to support me in my hour of need.
TW claims to be a people's company and I can totally vouch for that.
Overall TW has a very positive feel to it. You will easily make friends here. It's a fun place to work in.
TW is all about the people and culture, since many long time employees have left, there is a lack of people who can help maintain this amazing culture.
Advice to Management
First of all a big Thanks for all the support.
I would like to suggest that Please make sure that new hires are the right kind of people. The kind which helped TW become what it is known for.
I applied online. I interviewed at ThoughtWorks (Bengaluru) in February 2018.
Applied through LinkedIn. Received a mail from the HR. Filled a Google form and got my interview scheduled according to my availability. It was a smooth process. People are courteous.