I worked at Yankee Candle part-time (Less than a year)
- The team were super friendly and supportive
- Management and coworkers always happy to help when I started
- Good hours, my longest shift ever was only 7 hours (I was 16 hours a week)
- Amazing products
- Brilliant discount
- You'll smell great after work
- I have friends within the company who have worked there for years and successfully climbed the ladder
- Not many, it was genuinely great!
- My one negative would be that the store I worked at (Cardiff) closed down and it seems from what I can tell that the higher ups of the company could do some improving in their understanding of their brands presence in the UK and how to best evolve it
Advice to Management
I understand why you feel it best to mostly stick to relying on pop up stores and outlet stores in the UK, but I do think opening up some of your own stores in more major cities on a permanent basis could work. I had a lot of customers (and friends in general) who were repeat customers and love the products, I believe you could really expand your UK presence if you had some more faith in the company growth. I definitely think at the very least that a permanent store in Cardiff would be a great idea!
I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yankee Candle (Taylor, MI (US)) in June 2018.
Decent interview with SM for about an hour and a half. Waited around for an hour in mall for DM to arrive for second interview. Was called an hour later after I left to basically let me know I got the job and that I was a great candidate.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –