7Park Data Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated May 14, 2019

3.8
7Park Data CEO Brian Lichtenberger
Brian Lichtenberger
  1. "Experiment with all kinds of big data technologies"

I have been working at 7Park Data full-time for more than a year

Pros

At 7Park Data, you can try all big data technologies available, work in a cloud-first environment and write a lot of Python code. Something that I really like is that we are very serious about producing indicators as accurately as possible. We are always looking for ways to improve our calculations. By applying data science techniques including machine learning we’re constantly trying to achieve this. The focus... on accuracy touches all areas of the company, and everybody is paying attention to our data. You need to like mathematics at least. If you are OK with all this, then this is the right company for you.

Cons

The company has been growing exponentially and of course you have to adapt fast to constant changes to the organization. The office is pretty packed at the moment! Hard to get a conference room. Sometimes hours are long.

7Park Data2019-05-14
  2. "Enjoyable career at an engaging company with great coworkers"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at 7Park Data full-time for less than a year

Pros

There is a lot of good stuff to say: * I love my team (and my team lead). My sense of camaraderie is through the roof. This absolutely cannot be overstated. * They take their mantra of "autonomy and respect" very seriously -- if you communicate your commitments and setbacks well (and, of course, can deliver what you commit to deliver), everything's gonna be great and the work-life balance is quite good in my... experience. * Recent acquisition means the company's long term future is looking brighter than ever! * Excellent business model with obvious long-term potential, and tons of room for personal career growth. * A ton of opportunities to learn some incredible things from the data science team, especially at typically-weekly Lunch 'n' Learn sessions * Free coffee at an amazing coffee shop right across the street! * Smart, interesting coworkers in all teams, who are fun and engaging to work with. Lots of "characters" who make my day brighter. * Great health insurance.

Cons

* Rapidly growing company that is starting to hit some operational bumpiness because it's right in the middle of becoming a "non-startup". Personally, these growing pains seem unavoidable. * Sometimes feels like sales and research get more attention/priority than engineering from the rest of the org, and we have to scramble to keep up. This seems to improve every day, though, and it does mean that you get to feel... like a hero from time to time. Also, extremely par for the course in my experience. * "Autonomy and respect" cuts both ways. You need to be able to stand up for yourself, manage expectations, and communicate well with management.

7Park Data2019-05-10
  3. "I felt they dealt dishonestly with me and others"

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in New York, NY

I worked at 7Park Data full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

See how sausage is made.

Cons

I felt 7Park management dealt dishonestly with clients, data providers, and above all employees.

Advice to Management

Figure out your sales structuer and don't change it every quarter.

7Park Data2019-04-08
  4. "Awesome company that values employees"

Current Employee - Market Operations Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at 7Park Data full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Hardworking group of people who are passionate about growing the company and enjoying themselves while they do it. - Upper management cares about their employees and they are incredibly supportive when people need to take personal time. - The start-up culture is collaborative and continuously offers every employee a chance to grow and learn new skills. - Great place to work

Cons

There is nothing to highlight

Advice to Management

N/A

7Park Data2019-02-12

"Great opportunities for people who want to make a major impact on the business"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New City, NY

I have been working at 7Park Data full-time for more than a year

Pros

Small company with a culture than encourages employees to identify opportunities for personal and business growth, and try new solutions to achieve success. Every employee cares about doing their job well. Really smart group of people who are nice to each other.

Cons

Not all leaders are very communicative, which can create uncertainty or mistrust on some teams.

7Park Data2018-11-09
  6. "If you want to learn how big data works, this is the place to be"

I worked at 7Park Data full-time for more than a year

Pros

- They hire really smart people - There are lots of opportunities to learn - Its a tight group of people, it feels like family - They curate and stock healthy snacks

Cons

- The most effective way to work with the teams is in-person, remote work is not as effective as it can be at other startups

7Park Data2018-07-21
  7. "3 good years so far"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at 7Park Data full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fast paced — days fly Real oppty’s for career growth / path to promotion Super, super smart people 100% free and good healthcare benefits Strong brand / reputation in alt data community and buy side if you eventually want to move there

Cons

Fast paced — lot of work, can be stressful, high expectations No Hr to help w/ onboarding, benefits stuff Training could be better, sink or swim

Advice to Management

Hire an HR mgr Match 401k Increase townhall frequency from qrtly to monthly

7Park Data2018-03-13

"Avoid. You will thank me."

I worked at 7Park Data

Pros

Absolutely none. There are genuinely good folks (can count them on my hand), who are hard working and whose hard work goes down the drain.

Cons

1. This company is a chaotic sinking ship, that is constantly plugging all the sink holes as the solution, rather than trusting it's employees to find a permanent solution. 2.HORRIBLE MANAGEMENT. VP's have no idea what's happening in the company. 3. No long term goals, no vision for the company and it's employees. You are just a working mule to them. 4. No proper delegation of work. Everyone works on everything..., at the same time. 5. Every day the same problem repeats, which shows that the company does not have a strong foundation and is not willing to invest time in finding a proper fix.

Advice to Management

1. Learn to trust your employees to do their job. Don't constantly interfere. 2. Stop backstabbing people. 3. Stop badmouthing former employees. Word goes around sooner than you think! 4. If you cant do these things, CLOSE SHOP!

7Park Data2018-03-02
  9. "Growing Company + Growing Industry"

I have been working at 7Park Data full-time

Pros

Ability to seriously learn and grow - if you work hard, you will be recognized and get to reap the rewards Personable employees and great company culture – always looking for ways to bring different teams together and collaborate (Friday lunches, offsite retreats, happy hours, etc…) Access to leadership – hands on executive team, founders closely involved in the day-to-day operations of the business. Make... themselves easily accessible to employees who want to voice concerns, pitch ideas, etc. Encourage innovation & out-of-the-box thinking when it comes to building products and servicing our clients.

Cons

Since teams are small, people generally have to wear a number of different hats – can be challenging to delegate when there is not an “established” way of doing things.

7Park Data2017-05-09
  10. "You actually do get back what you put in to this business"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at 7Park Data full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- fast growing market / faster growing company - strong brand recognition and great rapport with clients / partners - top performers are identified quickly and very well incentivized - opportunity to collaborate with teams that posses many unique skillsets - working with a group of talented people that genuinely like each other - healthy competitive atmosphere - freedom to become a key contributor at any... level - no silos, teams all work together and as a bi product employees learn and participate in the business from the bottom up

Cons

- mgmt has very high expectations and some teams are understaffed

7Park Data2017-05-04