7Park Data Reviews

Updated 14 Sep 2020

7Park Data CEO and Cofounder  Brian Lichtenberger
Brian Lichtenberger
  1. COVID-19

"Stellar group of people to work with."

Current Employee - Finance Operations in New York, NY

I have been working at 7Park Data full-time for more than a year

Pros

-the people -the product -the seamless transition to a 100%. remote org. when the pandemic began

Cons

I think every Company could work on communication & transparency. THat is the case here, as well. Although it doesn't deter me from wanting to work for the organization.

2. "An amazing, growing company that values all employees and handles Work From Home like a champ."

I have been working at 7Park Data full-time for less than a year

Pros

Outstanding management. Remarkable talent. Dedication to core values and its product. Great perks.

Cons

None that I can think of

3. "Challenging & Rewarding"

Current Employee - Human Resources

I have been working at 7Park Data full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people and camaraderie make it a truly enjoyable place to work. It's a small company so there is a lot of opportunity to take ownership of the work you do and upper management is pretty transparent. The executives have built a culture of embracing change and that makes it so much easier to implement new processes or eliminate inefficiencies.

Cons

There are obstacles that are out of the company's control (i.e. losing a data partner)

"Work hard. Play Hard."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at 7Park Data full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been working at 7Park Data for almost a year and it has been a great experience. From the first day, I was engaged and quickly enmeshed in the 7Park culture. My immediate teammates were and continue to be collaborative and helpful. The company from a broader perspective is very collegiate, determined and an excellent group of builders. The CEO’s philosophy of work hard, play hard is absolutely a philosophy that carries over to most of the employees. I am looking forward to the next year at 7Park!

Cons

Conference Rooms are hard to come by so privacy is sometimes an issue.

HR

"Experiment with all kinds of big data technologies"

I have been working at 7Park Data full-time for more than a year

Pros

At 7Park Data, you can try all big data technologies available, work in a cloud-first environment and write a lot of Python code. Something that I really like is that we are very serious about producing indicators as accurately as possible. We are always looking for ways to improve our calculations. By applying data science techniques including machine learning we’re constantly trying to achieve this. The focus on accuracy touches all areas of the company, and everybody is paying attention to our data. You need to like mathematics at least. If you are OK with all this, then this is the right company for you.

Cons

The company has been growing exponentially and of course you have to adapt fast to constant changes to the organization. The office is pretty packed at the moment! Hard to get a conference room. Sometimes hours are long.

HR

We’re happy to hear that you are having a positive experience at 7Park! Thank you for your feedback! We've actually moved to the 13th floor and have the entire floor. Getting conference rooms are no longer an issue as we also have telephone booths.

6. "Enjoyable career at an engaging company with great coworkers"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at 7Park Data full-time for less than a year

Pros

There is a lot of good stuff to say: * I love my team (and my team lead). My sense of camaraderie is through the roof. This absolutely cannot be overstated. * They take their mantra of "autonomy and respect" very seriously -- if you communicate your commitments and setbacks well (and, of course, can deliver what you commit to deliver), everything's gonna be great and the work-life balance is quite good in my experience. * Recent acquisition means the company's long term future is looking brighter than ever! * Excellent business model with obvious long-term potential, and tons of room for personal career growth. * A ton of opportunities to learn some incredible things from the data science team, especially at typically-weekly Lunch 'n' Learn sessions * Free coffee at an amazing coffee shop right across the street! * Smart, interesting coworkers in all teams, who are fun and engaging to work with. Lots of "characters" who make my day brighter. * Great health insurance.

Cons

* Rapidly growing company that is starting to hit some operational bumpiness because it's right in the middle of becoming a "non-startup". Personally, these growing pains seem unavoidable. * Sometimes feels like sales and research get more attention/priority than engineering from the rest of the org, and we have to scramble to keep up. This seems to improve every day, though, and it does mean that you get to feel like a hero from time to time. Also, extremely par for the course in my experience. * "Autonomy and respect" cuts both ways. You need to be able to stand up for yourself, manage expectations, and communicate well with management.

HR

7. "I felt they dealt dishonestly with me and others"

1.0
    Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in New York, NY

I worked at 7Park Data full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

See how sausage is made.

Cons

I felt 7Park management dealt dishonestly with clients, data providers, and above all employees.

HR

I appreciate the time you’ve taken to share your feedback, and I hope that you included your frustrations with your manager then as well. When we learn that our people were disappointed with their experience at 7Park Data, it’s vital that we understand what made them feel that way and take action to address and resolve any issues they have had so that we can continually improve. We’re sorry that your experience did not match your expectations. Please feel free to reach out to HR (hr@7parkdata.com) with any further comments, concerns, or suggestions, so that we can improve.

8. "Awesome company that values employees"

Current Employee - Market Operations Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at 7Park Data full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Hardworking group of people who are passionate about growing the company and enjoying themselves while they do it. - Upper management cares about their employees and they are incredibly supportive when people need to take personal time. - The start-up culture is collaborative and continuously offers every employee a chance to grow and learn new skills. - Great place to work

Cons

There is nothing to highlight

HR

"Great opportunities for people who want to make a major impact on the business"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New City, NY

I have been working at 7Park Data full-time for more than a year

Pros

Small company with a culture than encourages employees to identify opportunities for personal and business growth, and try new solutions to achieve success. Every employee cares about doing their job well. Really smart group of people who are nice to each other.

Cons

Not all leaders are very communicative, which can create uncertainty or mistrust on some teams.

HR

10. "If you want to learn how big data works, this is the place to be"

I worked at 7Park Data full-time for more than a year

Pros

- They hire really smart people - There are lots of opportunities to learn - Its a tight group of people, it feels like family - They curate and stock healthy snacks

Cons

- The most effective way to work with the teams is in-person, remote work is not as effective as it can be at other startups

HR

We’re happy to hear that you are having a positive experience at 7Park! Thank you for your feedback! Our employees are our highest priority and we strive to provide the best workplace possible. We're definitely working on our remote culture these days. We want to ensure everyone is engaged even as we all work from home.

Found 19 reviews