AHEAD Reviews

Updated 23 Jul 2020

4.3
AHEAD CEO and President  Daniel Adamany and Stephen Ayoub
Daniel Adamany and Stephen Ayoub
Pros
  • "Compensation and work-life balance are above average(in 11 reviews)

• "On top of that, during the orientation meeting every part of the executive team was a real pro(in 7 reviews)

Cons

"Understand what you're getting into"

2.0
    Former Employee - Engineering

I worked at AHEAD full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- You will get to work with Fortune 500 and other enterprise accounts. Some of those projects will be very interesting, and you will get to solve fun challenging problems. - If you are accustomed to consulting, projects frequently change, giving you variety, but sometimes can become more involved depending on the size. - You likely will learn and grow from your experience here in addition to propelling your career further then it is now. - They have competitive compensation, reasonable benefits, and flexible hours depending on the project. - Despite my criticisms below, Ahead is one of the best technical consulting firms out there and would consider working here again in the future if culture improves from management.

Cons

- In a delivery role you will be measured by a handful of things, most notably Ahead executive visibility and how much time you can bill to customers, above all else. Pay close attention to how much of your compensation is bonus based as your billability will have a direct impact on your bonus payout. You don't have control over when projects are sold and if that work comes across your desk for you to bill. In addition bonus is also based on practice margin and MBOs. - When upper management gets asked hard-hitting questions, be prepared for a good answer and no action after that. - Whey they claim "Unlimited PTO," they forgot the asterisk saying only 14 days, and then it counts against your billable utilization. The "Incentives for certifications" only covers a small subset of certifications. Lastly, "Investment in training & development" is encouraged, they will financially cover stuff, quoting upper management "You are expected to do it at night and weekends." - When assigned full time to projects, you will be expected to bill full time to that project and will not given bench time to achieve your MBOs, which likely will include certifications or learning new skills, cross training the team and additional items. This also doesn't include the other internal and external programs Ahead teams and employees try to get involvement in. They said "Work-Life Balance" on the careers page, but I'm still trying to find where it fits in the overall picture.

Continue reading

"Top Tier Company to Work For"

Current Employee - ServiceNow Developer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at AHEAD full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Made up of great people Company has a portfolio of innovative offerings Employees are offered great benefits

Cons

Sometimes long hours are required

Continue reading

"Exciting Role and Great Co-workers"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at AHEAD full-time for less than a year

Pros

* Integration of acquisitions * Great company-provided technology * Very relevant market offerings * Great people

Cons

* Sales & Services not well integrated with Advisory...yet

Continue reading

"A little chaotic, but highly supportive of individuals."

Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at AHEAD full-time for less than a year

Pros

Training opportunities and fresh work are plentiful. People respect each other at Ahead. Colleagues are knowledgeable and focused on delivering solutions for our clients. Flexible working arrangements are great.

Cons

New projects are urgent, leading people to try juggling concurrent projects that require significant time.

"Fast-paced growing company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at AHEAD full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Although AHEAD went through multiple acquisitions, they're still considered a small company compared to others. Staff is really friendly and the culture is very upbeat. A lot of room to implement technology that is needed.

Cons

A lot of managers who have no business managing. Directors who have no skillset to their team they're overlooking. Bad management is what has lost this company great employees.

"Amazing Career Opportunities"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Consultant in Nashville, TN

I have been working at AHEAD full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you're looking for technical expertise, then this is certainly the place for you. My coworkers are some of the brightest in the industry, and we're all striving to maintain excellence in every branch of technology. Everyone has such a passion for the industry, which is evidenced by the numbers of group chats surrounding emergent technologies and technical enablement. Joining this team was the best decision I have ever made for my career.

Cons

Admittedly, there is a lot of process involved when it comes to sales and delivery alike. I often find myself having conversations about solutions with so many different people that at some point I think that I could have had a solution in place in the time that we spent talking about our options.

Continue reading

"Formally "DataBlue" -One of the best companies to work for"

Former Employee - Technical Service Representative in Brentwood, TN

I worked at AHEAD full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Massive range of clients which in turn means many different career paths, okay salary for what duties are performed, opportunities to work from home.

Cons

Promotions based on seniority, regardless of work ethic or accomplishments (understandable to a certain degree)

"AHEAD has raised the bar."

Current Employee - Associate Network Technician in Chicago, IL

I have been working at AHEAD full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of perks and benefits that add up to a happier team. Communication is clear and they set realistic expectations for you but always encourage and provide the tools and support if you want to go beyond whats been set.

Cons

After three months, none so far.

Continue reading

"Excellent culture and tremendous opportunity for growth"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant

I have been working at AHEAD full-time for less than a year

Pros

Respected brand, rapidly growing with diverse portfolio of service and product offerings. Invests in their people and promotes from within.

Cons

Rapid growth has created some growing pains. They have been mitigated with effective communication.

"Growing company, great opportunity"

Current Employee - CSA

I have been working at AHEAD full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very fast growing company, well respected for numerous competencies, lots of opportunity.

Cons

Traditionally, we've been viewed as tied to one companies product set - but that's slowly changing and evolving (for the better).

Found 108 reviews