ANS Reviews

Updated 20 Jul 2020

4.0
ANS CEO Paul Shannon (no image)
Paul Shannon
Pros
  • "Everyone I have worked with has been very supportive and always willing to help with any queries or issues I may have(in 5 reviews)

• "Free fruit every day is a healthy bonus(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Never seen a company with such a high staff turnover(in 5 reviews)

• "People are treated very poorly and this is why they have a high staff turnover(in 4 reviews)

"Good working environment"

I worked at ANS full-time for less than a year

Pros

One could learn alot while working

Cons

Working time is not good at all.

Chief Executive Officer

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. It is a little difficult to do much with such a succinct review, however, I've had a guess at a few things. I can only guess that you were a shift worker on the Service Desk. If so, you are right these shifts aren't very sociable or enjoyable. Some people (not many) actually like these shifts, but most don't and simply see it as part of progression through technical roles. I honestly can't pitch this any other way other than we have all had the same cross to bear as progressing techies, I know I did back in the day. Regardless of the above, I hope you have gone on to a role that suits you and you are happy with your new team and employer.

2. "Great People"

4.0
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at ANS full-time

Pros

Great environment to develop in your career

Cons

May have changed, but pay was less than industry standards

Chief Executive Officer

Thank you for leaving the time to leave a review as an ex-employee, it means a lot. Really pleased that you developed well at ANS, sounds like a shame you had to leave, but we appreciate that some people want to experience other environments and new teams. We should always be competitive around pay, but as I've mentioned before we are continually assessing the situation with the People Operations team to ensure that this doesn't drop. Once again, thanks for taking the time to leave the review and good luck with the rest of your career in IT.

3. "The opportunities are there for you to take!"

Former Employee - Managed Services in Manchester, England

I worked at ANS full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people, great culture. You will always be challenged in your work and there are plenty of opportunities to learn and grow.

Cons

You have to be prepared to pivot fast, which is not necessarily a con, but if you're not prepared to move with the direction the business is going in. You may be left behind.

Chief Executive Officer

Thank you for taking the time to leave the review, we always appreciate former employees leaving reviews regardless of them being good or bad. We strive to offer an enjoyable place for people to work and one that challenges people every day. If you're not out of your comfort zone then you are not growing as a person. With that comes the fast pivoting as you mentioned. It isn't everyone's cup of tea, but for those that enjoy it, they really enjoy it. Thanks again for taking the time to leave the review, seems a shame that you are so glowing, but left anyway. Maybe your circumstances dictated this, but hopefully you'll come back some day as so often happens with ANS. Good luck wherever you are now.

4. COVID-19

"Fantastic place to work."

Current Employee - Business Development Manager

I have been working at ANS full-time

Pros

ANS gave me a job during a global pandemic. They didn't have to do that, especially when so many other companies were making people redundant. I've had a brilliant start to the job, everyone has been very welcoming, even though I've only met most people virtually!

Cons

Genuinely can't think of any, just excited for everything to get back to normal so I can get a proper feel for the ANS culture.

Chief Executive Officer

Wow! What a great review from a very new starter, thank you for taking the time. We really appreciate it. We have recruited a number of talented people throughout lockdown, becuase we knew that they ANS team will get us through the tumult and so it has proved to be. So pleased that you have had such a great welcome from everyone, even remotely. We've worked incredibly hard to make sure everyone still feels connected and supported. I look forward to seeing you at the next All Staff meeting if we can get most of the people there face to face in a socially distanced way. Thanks again for leaving this review.

"Meh"

Former Employee - Advisor in Ipswich, England

I worked at ANS full-time

Pros

Not sure why but ok

Cons

Nothing really matters for them

Chief Executive Officer

I'm not entirely sure that this was meant for ANS Group. To my knowledge we haven't had former employees based in Ipswich and have never had any roles titled "Advisor", but I might be wrong. If this is indeed intended for ANS Group then please reach out to me directly and I will get some meat from the bones here. paul.shannon@ansgroup.co.uk

6. "Great environment to grow"

Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at ANS full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent opportunity to grow in your career and develop skills, the customer base is vast with different sectors and the technologies being delivered is always ahead of the compitition.

Cons

Salary across the same level of employees is not consistent and sometimes unfair.

Chief Executive Officer

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of ANS, it is very mcuh appreciated. It is always great to see people that have been at ANS for as long as you have and still enjoying amd thriving with us. If you'd feel comfortable I would urge you to come and speak to me or drop me a note to clarify the salary concerns you have please. We do run a system that shold be fair based on experience, skillsets, seniority of role (junior, intermediate, senior etc), so this should weed out issues you raise, but it's never perfect. Once again thank you for taking the time to leave the review.

7. COVID-19

"Great start"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Manchester, England

I have been working at ANS full-time

Pros

Great communication from all management levels. Welcoming team, everyone is really friendly and down to earth. Good processes in place. Driven company.

Cons

Due to covid not been able to meet all the team face to face!

Chief Executive Officer

Firstly, thank you very much for leaving a review about ANS, it is greatly appreciated. COVID has caused us to adapt so quickly and it is a shame that you seem to have missed the face to face interaction so early in your time at ANS. Great to see you enjoy the ways we are trying to mitigate this and get everyone invovled in the business in spite of these issues. If you've enjoyed it at ANS so far under these circumstances then you're going to love it going forward. Great to have you onboard.

"manager"

Current Employee - Manager in London, ON

I have been working at ANS full-time for less than a year

Pros

good place to work and good persons

Cons

difficulty in working and find most probable

"Not a good place for working parents"

1.0
    Former Employee - Team Member in Manchester, England

I worked at ANS full-time for more than a year

Pros

The staff are nice and help each other out. The staff do a lot of charity fundraising.

Cons

I worked in managed services and there is very little flexibility offered to staff who are working parents. It’s different for senior managers, they work from home so much that you hardly ever see them in the office. In managed services the salaries are very low compared to the competitors so the staff turnover is high. I also didn’t like the managers shouting at staff in front of other people if they had made a mistake.

Chief Executive Officer

Firstly thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review. you clearly feel strongly that we are failing in some key areas and this feedback is important. You know what I'm going to take some of what you've said here on the chin with little defence. We have always been quite rigid on a day to day basis with the Managed Services teams largely being in the office. Rightly or wrgonly we've built a system that has been office centric and been beholden to our ISO accreditations being tied to Synergy House too. We've always known we could technically WFH for these teams, but customers have always appreciated being able to walk around and "touch and feel" the service when on tours of the SOC. If COVID has taught us anything it is that everyone and every department can work well from home in the most part. I can honestly say this will have a profound impact on flexibility for ALL departments going forward. One thing I would like to say is that if Managers are shouting at people then this is not okay and never has been. Please contact me and let me know who we need to educate better. I don't see it when I'm in the office or I would step in. Salaries are something we review all the time, especially in such a competitive industry at technology, but we will look at this again. I'm gutted that you felt compelled to leave ANS, but hopefully your feedback will have an impact once reviewed alongside the "new normal".

"Sweatshop"

1.0
    Former Employee - Technical Analyst in Manchester, England

I worked at ANS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good social life. Leaving drinks every other week because of the high turnover of staff. Free pizza for writing a good Glassdoor review.

Cons

Pay the lowest salary and benefits they can get away with. Don’t listen to staff even though Technical Analysts are the ones speaking to customers all the time. Then blame technical analysts when something goes wrong. Senior Managers shouting at staff in the middle of the office.

Chief Executive Officer

Thank you for taking the time to leave the review, it is stark and hard to read, but it has immediately got my attention, so it worked if that was your intention. Firstly, I have to address the free pizza for reviews is not a policy and if it was I'd expect it to get laughed right out of town by anyone with half an ounce of self-respect. I honestly don't know how to address the "Cons" section without doing it face to face, I will only come accross as defensive. Please contact me over email in the first instance and we can chat if you feel it would be helpful. You've gone to the trouble to write the review, so you obviously feel strongly enough about the people you've left behind to be a voice for them. My email address is paul@ans.co.uk, please get in touch. Thanks for going to the trouble to leave the review.

Found 85 reviews