ANS Reviews

Updated 1 Jun 2021

Found 91 of over 93 reviews

4.3
ANS CEO Paul Shannon (no image)
Paul Shannon
Pros
  • "It is an extremely good working environment and although I've only been here for 3 months I feel like I have been here for a lot longer(in 5 reviews)

• "Open door nature to discuss personal / work issues with Directors and Senior Management(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Never seen a company with such a high staff turnover(in 4 reviews)

• "parking spaces(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good working environment

5 Feb 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

One could learn alot while working

Cons

Working time is not good at all.

2 people found this review helpful

Chief Executive Officer

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. It is a little difficult to do much with such a succinct review, however, I've had a guess at a few things. I can only guess that you were a shift worker on the Service Desk. If so, you are right these shifts aren't very sociable or enjoyable. Some people (not many) actually like these shifts, but most don't and simply see it as part of progression through technical roles. I honestly can't pitch this any other way other than we have all had the same cross to bear as progressing techies, I know I did back in the day. Regardless of the above, I hope you have gone on to a role that suits you and you are happy with your new team and employer.

2. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Will take their pound of flesh

1 Jun 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Generally a good team around you - Birthday off - Don’t overly get bogged down in a blame culture when it does go wrong

Cons

- Exceptionally high turnover (Basically a whole new team every 2 years) - Professional services has very little scope for growth - 100% + resource utilisation, completely focused on ensuring everyday is chargeable to a customer - Will sell things that PS have no idea how to deliver

3. 5.0

Great place to work!

1 Jun 2021 - Applications Support Engineer in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team/organisational culture, plenty of opportunities to learn & develop with support, lots of new & exciting technologies to work/play with, good range of customers enabling you to see what does/doesn't work & take those lessons to reuse with other customers.

Cons

The pace is quite intense, it feels constantly like you're just jumping from fighting one fire to the next, with 2 people trying to do 3 people's workload

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

First class, forward-thinking, company with an amazing culture

12 Feb 2021 - Account Manager in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Amazing company culture: Bi-weekly 'Champagne Fridays', quarterly All-Staff events, ANS podcast, ANS fitness classes etc. ANS seem to put a really high price on hiring good people as opposed to just good professionals, and that's evident throughout the company. - Forward thinking: The level of technical expertise continues to amaze me on a daily basis and they are always sniffing out the latest market trends and ensuring we're always ahead of the curve when it comes to our services. - Mature working environment - You're trusted to do your job and manage your time how you please without having management breathing down your neck. No micromanagement and unnecessary KPI's. - Supportive culture: Someone is always on hand to offer you help and advice if you need it or to point you in the right direction. - Modern office space

Cons

The only negative I have is the training. There was pretty much no training whatsoever for a new starter. It was just a case of 'go away and learn about what we do' but without any real structure or guidance. A formal, structured training program would definitely have been beneficial in the first month or so, just to get aligned with the rest of the team in terms of exactly what we offer, what our approach is, how to use the various internal systems and what the various internal processes are from initially engaging with a customer through to completing a deal and commencing the project. Figuring it out for myself and 'learning the hard way' does have its benefits, and there was always someone on hand to answer any questions I had, but a formal training program would definitely have accelerated the time it took to get up to speed.

2 people found this review helpful

Chief Executive Officer

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a constructive review, these really are by far and away the most useful to us as you've taken the time to tell us where and how we can improve. I think we believe we do a good job of all onboarding and training in all departments, which is probably an unrealistic belief for any business, so your comments are taken in the spirit they are intended. I've already passed on the comments around training to the People Operations team, for review and a plan going forward. All the positive feedback is duly noted and appreciated by all the team members that have contributed to these areas. Thank you again for taking the time and enjoy your time at ANS and keep giving us feedback.

5. 5.0

Great company!

3 Feb 2021 - Marketing Apprentice
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have absolutely love working for this company! All the staff are really friendly and for such a large organisation, communication across all departments is executed brilliantly. It is great to see the bored members so actively involved with all the teams. You can see that the company really cares about its employees health and well-being. The company does so much for the wider community and the charity initiatives are exceptional.

Cons

I don't believe there are any!

Chief Executive Officer

Thank you for taking the time to review ANS, we really appreciate it. I'm so happy that you are experiencing nothing but happy times in your team and the wider business, even though you've spent most of the 1-2 years listed here in lockdown ANS. I'm glad you've experienced the engagement of the exec team, we really do mean everything we say and do when engaging across the business, this is very personal to us all. Enjoy your career at ANS, long may it continue.

6. 3.0
      Current Employee

Resource issues dragging down service

7 Dec 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great exposure to technologies Everyone below director level is nice and approachable

Cons

I don’t want this to come across as an overly negative or unfair review however I don’t feel like we have a platform internally to share something like this and I’m not comfortable escalating through the chain as I feel like it would fall on deaf ears. As we know the business has made some major transitions in the past 18 months and is now a Cloud focused MSP that also provides Network services. During this transition many people left the business due to roles either being phased out or they weren’t happy with the direction the company was heading. I don’t think this is a major issue as a large amount of people would leave any business going through a transition like this, however the problem is these people haven’t been replaced and it’s causing a major strain on every single department. A lack of resource in Professional Services impacts every other department negatively, the quality of the service is reduced and it’s getting to a near breaking point. If the above was acknowledged and dealt with 6 or 3 months ago I don’t think I would have to leave this review, even if it was dealt with now I think the service could recover fairly easily as people can transition back to a normal workload The main issue I see is that despite the issues being acknowledged, despite several directors saying they are aware of resource issues and are working to resolve, nothing is done. Nothing has changed for 6 months and it’s having a toll on people’s mental health and well-being which is completely unfair and unacceptable. I can’t understand why the business doesn’t just hire a handful of staff members to resolve these issues, 6-10 new people would solve so many issues and I cannot think of a legitimate reason not to go down this route

3 people found this review helpful

Chief Executive Officer

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review, it means a lot, even when you have had less than stellar experiences. I will not say you're wrong about resource constraints, that would be disingenuous and not my style as I hope you know. I won't pepper you with lots of excuses either, just a couple of reasons. 1) We have won more work in certain technology areas than we could have imagined during the strange period we have had due to COVID. This has meant that some technical team members have had a disproportionate amount of work fall to them than is fair. Not a good enough answer, but the truth. 2) We struggled with recruiting the number quickly enough once the demand hit us. It is only the last few months that our reputation for cutting edge projects (as you highlighted yourself) has travelled far enough to intrigue high quality technical people. We are now seeing more applicants of the calibre we are able to place alongside our already excellent team members. Suffice it to say, we hope to allay your concerns going forward and it certainly wasn't down to any nefarious reasons that we didn't fill the teams quickly enough. In future if you have any feedback like this, then you should feel comfortable to feed it back to me directly whenever you like. I'm deterring anyone from voicing concerns on Glassdoor, far from it, but the execs are more approachable than you might think, I believe anyway. Thanks again for taking the time.

7. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Nice firm to work for at first

18 Mar 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice firm to work for when you first start, progression etc.

Cons

if you are not in the click, you do not fit in

8. 2.0
      Former Employee

Finance

3 Mar 2021 - Finance
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good break area Ok benefits and good rewards

Cons

Not very good pay Cliquey workplace

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great Company Great People

5 Nov 2020 - Director in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great chances for promotion and learning Leading edge of cloud technologies

Cons

Working from home due to covid interfering with our usual work hard play hard culture

Chief Executive Officer

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave such a positive review. WFH has been challenging for us all, absolutely zero doubt about that, but we've tried to keep the culture and fun going throughout, hopefully you've enjoyed it where you could. Hopefully you continue to work for ANS for many years to come.

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

The opportunities are there for you to take!

14 Jul 2020 - Managed Services in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, great culture. You will always be challenged in your work and there are plenty of opportunities to learn and grow.

Cons

You have to be prepared to pivot fast, which is not necessarily a con, but if you're not prepared to move with the direction the business is going in. You may be left behind.

Chief Executive Officer

Thank you for taking the time to leave the review, we always appreciate former employees leaving reviews regardless of them being good or bad. We strive to offer an enjoyable place for people to work and one that challenges people every day. If you're not out of your comfort zone then you are not growing as a person. With that comes the fast pivoting as you mentioned. It isn't everyone's cup of tea, but for those that enjoy it, they really enjoy it. Thanks again for taking the time to leave the review, seems a shame that you are so glowing, but left anyway. Maybe your circumstances dictated this, but hopefully you'll come back some day as so often happens with ANS. Good luck wherever you are now.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 91 Reviews