AXA UK Reviews

Updated 11 Jun 2021

4.2
AXA UK CEO Claudio Gienal
Claudio Gienal
Pros
  • "Great team connections and work life balance(in 29 reviews)

• "Flexible working and good values(in 19 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Quite a lot of red tape, but understandable given the industry(in 11 reviews)

• "Big company- can feel like a number(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Good learning

30 Aug 2018 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Shifty timings, people management, learning opportunities

Cons

Change of location very frequently

2. 1.0

None

28 Sep 2010 - Specialist in Pune
      Business Outlook

Pros

UK client support is very good.

Cons

Bad Management in AXA BS.

1 person found this review helpful

Recruitment Content Marketing Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review of AXA. Unfortunately, you have submitted this review to the AXA UK page but we notice that you work for AXA Business Services in India. As we are unable to move reviews on your behalf, you may want to delete this one and re-post to the AXA Business Services page.

3. 4.0
      Former Employee

Wonderful company with bad spots

10 Jun 2021 - UK Service Manager in Royal Tunbridge Wells, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Overall a very people focussed company given its size. Supportive and generous HR policies. Until the last few years I have enjoyed every minute of working for AXA and generally can highly recommend it. Salaries are not always the highest but are good enough.

Cons

Still some areas where the cited AXA leadership dimensions are not displayed. Lack of investment in resource and tech to enable work to be delivered. I recently left for the sake of my mental health because the department I worked in after a reorganisation became under funded and managed by bullies with a culture that didn't sit with my values. Major projects are expected to be delivered by BAU staff. Managers became less empowered to manage their own areas despite empowerment being a buzz word bandied around frequently. People are pulled off their normal roles to do other work leaving gaps in service provision to the detriment of the business they are trying to support. Decisions are made based on what looks good and bias rather than what the business needs. High number of employees off with stress. I wouldn't currently recommend the area I worked in as somewhere good to work but this does not apply to AXA generally.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Respected, Supported, Trusted and Empowered

20 Jan 2021 - Quality Assurance Specialist in Glasgow, Scotland, Scotland
      Business Outlook

Pros

In a world where everything is uncertain right now, I couldn't be happier working for AXA UK. The business has really stepped up to help all employees to navigate through these difficult times. They've set up an online well-being hub with lots of useful and practical resources. There's been consistent and informative communication all through the pandemic, from local management level all the way up to board level. Despite a bit of a slow start, AXA UK have made sure that we all have the technology and hardware that we need to work from home effectively too, without having to jump through hoops to get it. Outside of COVID, I think their an excellent employer - fair remuneration, good benefits, excellent access to learning (including putting you through CII qualifications), good ethics/values (socially and as a business), inspiring colleagues (inc managers and leaders) and you're treated as an individual, rather than just a number. I would highly recommend considering AXA UK as your next employer.

Cons

Not really many cons to be honest. Some of the systems and platforms we use are behind the times but there are plans afoot to fix this. Sometime business changes take longer than they should due to red tape, though that's to be expected in big company in a heavily regulated industry.

1 person found this review helpful

Head of Employer Brand

Thank you so much for your lovely review. It's really great to read and will be so helpful to those considering working at AXA.

5. 3.0

11 Jun 2021 - Insurance Underwriter in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Bonus scheme, Holiday, Central location

Cons

Culture, Pay, Inconsistent, Career path/progression

6. 3.0
      Current Employee

Behind the times with their internal tools and systems

3 Jun 2021 - Product Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Really friendly people and nice culture

Cons

Behind the times with their internal tools and systems - in need of a serious upgrade of skills and experience and tools to bring it to leading edge.

Head of Employer Brand

Thank you for your review.

7. 3.0

Lack of development

16 Apr 2021 - Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible working, Inclusive environment, Decent culture

Cons

Personal goals yet to be agreed upon despite approaching halfway mark of the year - how is one supposed to know what KPIs they are supposed to work towards if they have none in the first place Talk of career development for a long time and nothing has been done to correct it. Outdated IT systems which makes work on it unbearable when it gets cranky. Try working on lots of data/applications on a sluggish system - a simple task can end up being a painful chore because of it.

Head of Employer Brand

Thanks for leaving a review. Please talk to your line manager or department manager about your goals/KPIs. These should be set up by now! You'll know there is a lot of investment going on, on the IT front, so I hope that things will improve for you there soon.

8. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Overall a good company to work for

2 Jun 2021 - Business Analyst in Bolton, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Good bonus/benefits scheme - Potential development opportunities - Flexible working

Cons

- Poor decision making at leadership level - IT equipment not fit for purpose - Poor communication to employees - Finances often spent in the wrong areas

Head of Employer Brand

Thanks for your review. Regarding your comments the IT hardware is having a huge overhaul at the moment with new kits being provided for nearly all staff. Please keep your manager informed if you have any thoughts on this subject. Remember that we have quarterly employee surveys you can put your thoughts and comments in if you feel changes need to be made. Thanks again for taking the time to write your review.

9. 5.0
      Former Employee

Axa

17 May 2021 - IT Director in Bristol, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent company with great opportunities for growth

Cons

None that I can think of

Head of Employer Brand

Thanks for taking the time to leave some details for those considering a career at AXA.

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Axa

26 Apr 2021 - Insurance Agent in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good staff support Training is good Benefits are very good Good opportunitys

Cons

Nothing very well run company

Head of Employer Brand

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 260 Reviews