Absolute Manager Reviews

3.8
Absolute Chief Executive Officer Christy Wyatt
Christy Wyatt
0 Rating
  1. "Good experience but change of Management team"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Absolute full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Downtown - Network - Internal job opportunities

Cons

Change of management team - tracking software of your work

"Absolute Software"

Former Employee - Sales Manager

I worked at Absolute full-time for more than a year

Pros

good technology, company been around a long time.

Cons

Mgmt. and direction controlled by one persons agenda. company really run for the profit of a few board members.

3. "All good"

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Absolute full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good people, good technology

Cons

Some churn, could promote more internally

4. "Great Vancouver software company"

Former Employee - Manager in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Absolute full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very collegial staff, interesting product suite , supportive work environment, generous benefit plan, lots of interesting perks

Cons

Opportunity for advancement was uneven. Some managers provided level up promotions for their staff, and others didn't put the effort into it.

"Poor Leadership"

2.0
    Current Employee - Manager in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Absolute full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

people, vancouver, technology, location, outlook

Cons

inconsistent leadership, outlook, leadership, lack of vision

"Marketing Manager"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Absolute full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great benefits and perks like annual company retreat, separate Christmas parties for children, treats and beverages provided in office. Smart new office space.

Cons

High turnover (a more recent phenomenon), an annual 'cull' that happens every June with guaranteed layoffs.

7. "A great place to work"

Current Employee - Software Development Manager in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Absolute full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Absolute Software Corporation is the great place to work. It has a very unique business model and a great PD team. It is one of top 100 employer in BC, Canada

Cons

The product and technologies are old. There are no new features for quite a while. It's not a innovation company, but nice to stay.

"Marketing"

Former Intern - Marketing Manager
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Absolute for less than a year

Pros

Fun and light hearted to go to work. Not much stress to work within the Organisation. Have a work life balance

Cons

Lack of prospects. Financial outlook don't look too good. Hope the management had improved and changed the system for the better.

"The Real Absolute"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Absolute full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Engaged and innovative workforce who bring good energy most days and who really want to succeed. We have new leadership in place and we've seen some pretty incredible changes implemented in the past year. One thing I'd like to say is that it's REALLY frustrating to read poison reviews by the people that couldn't cut it at Absolute. You weren't happy here so you left. Great. So get on with your life. Those of us that have embraced the changes are learning and growing, and we're having a lot of fun. It's too bad it didn't work out for you but maybe it's time to let it go. I'm assessing a 4 out of 5 rating because we still have a lot of work ahead of us. Hopefully we will be five star within a year or so.

Cons

We're evolving the business and this isn't easy for people that want a predictable work experience. Personally, I didn't get into technology so that every day could be the same. But if you don't do well in a changing environment, then you probably won't like it here.

Absolute Response

October 23, 2015Absolute Software

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It’s encouraging to hear you echo our excitement regarding where we are headed and that you share our enthusiasm for the changes that are underway. We agree with your assessment. We have more work to do but we are headed in the right direction. We’re glad you’re enjoying the ride!

"Account Manager"

2.0
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Absolute full-time for more than a year

Pros

catered lunches at the end of the quarter, new ceo geoff hayden seems like he knows what he is doing. new branding seems cool. computrace product has little to no competition in the marketplace and is a worthy product to sell.

Cons

impossible to move up, unreasonable and unattainable quotas making it impossible to receive any commission. management advances and hires friends others who are closest to them and often outside candidates over inside candidates. over-all low morale in office and mostly everyone is just trying to find a way to leave early and come in late. bad company culture

Absolute Response

August 19, 2015Absolute Software

Thank you for sharing your experience at Absolute. We are pleased with our new brand identity and we appreciate that you recognized the value of our core security solution while you were here. We’ve placed a lot of focus on our sales organization, which has resulted in a record year in terms of contracts. We know that supporting our sales force is critical to our success and we plan to maintain this investment in the new fiscal year. It’s been a banner year for Absolute and we recently celebrated our success at the all-staff retreat in Austin. Next up is the larger all-staff retreat in Whistler, BC. We’ve worked hard in our fiscal year 2015 so now it’s time to celebrate our successes with our families and friends!

Found 13 reviews