Absolute Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Christy Wyatt
  1. "Good"

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer II in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Absolute full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible hours and decent culture

Cons

Limited growth opportunities and salary increases

Advice to Management

Make more investments to core infrastructure to allow the company to grow

Absolute2017-08-30
  2. "Enjoyed the office and my colleagues."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Absolute full-time for less than a year

Pros

I enjoyed the office, excellent location, newly renovated, quiet with nice amenities. My work was in the IT support area of the company so I can't speak for how the other departments are managed but nothing appeared any different. The people I worked with were great, there is a positive working environment, staff is very professional and respectful to each other. I have worked in toxic work environments with other...

Cons

You may be disappointed if you've come from other companies with lots of amenities and perks thrown at staff. I don't expect that so I wasn't disappointed.

Advice to Management

Salaries are low compared to the market and cost of living in Vancouver. This is especially true for those who've been with the company for many years. There is a lot of knowledge bound up in those who've been loyal, it would be a loss to the company if they had to leave Absolute to find a salary more suitable to their skills. Also letting good staff go when budgets get a bit tight may be a bit short sighted.

Absolute2017-07-21

"Great progress"

Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Absolute full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company is investing heavily into new security and management features. Teams are settling into the Agile cadence, and development environment has improved greatly over the past year. Product features are growing substantially and potential market is growing as a result.

Cons

Responsibilities for components are still in flux as teams take over different features and devops techniques continue to mature.

Absolute2017-07-08
  4. "senior developer"

I worked at Absolute full-time

Pros

lots of snack. close to sky train. new tech. coworkers are friendly and helpful, like a family. Base Salary is well above market.

Cons

performance bonus is discretionary. new management team can be tough. a lot of changes in the company. too much focus on the sales team. R&D is not as important as expected.

Absolute2017-06-15

"Uninspiring and Toxic"

Former Employee - Sales in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Absolute full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The new offices are "nice". There are some good people who work here. Pretty good work/life balance.

Cons

Really too many: this is a hard place to get anywhere in. Sales reorganizes every 6 months or so. HR had become absent when a new head started. Marketing is ineffective and full of conflict. The biggest issue though is the tone from management, the C-levels. CEO came on with some vision but then flopped hard and fell on his face, he's uninspiring and has just surrounded himself with "yes" people. In fact when you...

Advice to Management

Turn this company around, take a hard look at all the new department leaders and upper management and make some tough decisions. There is a good idea at the heart of this but it's languishing.

Absolute2017-06-14
  6. "Great company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Absolute full-time for more than a year

Pros

Laid back casual place to work

Cons

I don't really have any cons.

Absolute2017-04-04

"Not top employer any more"

I have been working at Absolute full-time

Pros

- Good business model - Great Sales team - Good look office

Cons

- No new products and features - No innovation, - Business significantly getting slowed down - No reasonable hiring - Poor cost control - Too more political groups - Lost the good Absolute culture

Advice to Management

Too many CXO, VP and Directors. No idea what CPO is doing.

Absolute2017-03-18

"Absentee Landlords"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Absolute full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Lots of very smart individual contributors who really want to do awesome things - Great new offices in Vancouver - Strong cashflow from current product offering (DDS) - Diverse ecosystem of customers and partners

Cons

- Dischord at the C-level: personal agendas seem to trump strategic objectives - "All care, no responsibility" and "Concerned bystander" disease is rampant at SVP/VP level - HR seems to see themselves as an enabling function rather than an empowering function - Too much focus on "defending the franchise" saps energy from the necessary change management required to assure above-market growth in the future

Advice to Management

Make some hard decisions about the change management required to get from ITAM to Cybersecurity and then be humble enough to ASK FOR HELP from your frontline employees.

Absolute2017-01-23

"Great Management"

Current Employee - Marketing Representative in Towson, MD

I have been working at Absolute part-time

Pros

I am currently getting my undergrad degree and could not find a job that worked with my schedule. This company was able to work with my class schedule during the week, giving me a chance to continue with my degree while staying employed.I hope to stay with this company after I finish my degree in May!

Cons

The amazing money comes with long hours

Absolute2016-12-06
  10. "ABT as of 8/2015"

Former Employee - Account Executive in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at Absolute full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great technical story to tell as a sales person.

Cons

Had moved away from service and systems management to focus on security, but the security value proposition was not complete at the time 8/2015. It may have been rounded out since.

Absolute2016-11-16