Absolute Senior QA Engineer Reviews

2.7
Absolute Chief Executive Officer Christy Wyatt
Christy Wyatt
1 Rating

"Great teammates but leadership lacks proper vision and sometimes experience"

2.0
    Former Employee - Senior QA Engineer in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Absolute full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Competitive salary, great company culture and team mates, good perks and benefits

Cons

Management and leadership team lacks long term vision and goals at times. Leadership team are all over the place - not sure if it’s feasible to have so many Chief officers, executives who have to be flown in and beat their accommodations etc. Most of the time you won’t find them at the office. Why not hire leaders locally? Too many hirings and firings! Management not always open to feedback or open to changes internally. Can be difficult to work with HR or management.

Continue reading

"An amazing time to work here."

5.0
    Former Employee - Senior Software QA Engineer in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Absolute full-time for more than a year

Pros

I' worked at Absolute for over a year (I quit as I have to move to another province) and really enjoyed the company culture. Colleagues are friendly , fun , patient and willing to help. The company offers lot of activities allowing employees to have fun after work Working time is flexible and promoting work-life balance.

Cons

None - it's a great place to work!

Continue reading

"Outstanding organization to be part of"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior QA Engineer in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Absolute full-time for more than a year

Pros

I am a qualified engineer who became part of the Absolute team 2 years ago. Primarily I joined Absolute with the interests of contributing and knowing more on Absolute’s unique product offering in the area of Device Data Security. DDS is a very specialized area of evolving industry sector as proven by our very healthy financial status over the years. DDS also has huge potential to scale with every digital device or gadget that may go out to market from manufacturer’s factory line. The services that Absolute and its partners are able to provide with our patented DDS technology is unparalleled to anything I can think of in this business domain or sphere of interest. I have got exposed to working with different development practices and cultures in 3 continents in the world working in companies in Europe, Asia and in North America over the last 18 years. Absolute is my 6th employer in Vancouver and I find Absolute is very unique in many ways. It comes as the #1 company who cares for the wellbeing of its employers. It advocates all its employees to maintain a good work-life balance so that all employers are in a position to make innovative, quality and notable contributions to the growth of the company. Absolute’s benefit packages are second to none in all companies that I have worked during my career. Company sponsored 4 day summer retreat is a good testimony of Absolute’s commitments to wellbeing of its employees and their families. Above all we have a very fun loving, collaborative, energetic work force who believes nothing is impossible to achieve if we put our minds and efforts into it. During my last 2 years, I have already contributed to four different projects. If you like challenges, if you like something new to work on every now and then and more than anything if you have the desire to succeed then Absolute is the place to be in Vancouver. If you have new ideas proven or otherwise they won’t go unnoticed as project stakeholders are very eager to listen and put them into good use. You are also be able to be part of these teams with every stage of project progress to see to yourself how these unique ideas and concepts faired or succeeded. As with any processes or ideas once tried you have the authority to fine-tune them with continuous improvement strategy that Absolute management advocates in all areas of our company. Every day I look forward to come to work knowing that I am going to learn something new and be able to contribute positively to the company. It is not a feeling that I have experienced always every day during my carrier ☺

Cons

We can achieve even better success if more members of our organization take ownership of their work items applicable for their designated roles.

Absolute Response

October 14, 2015Absolute Software

Thank you for sharing your work experience at Absolute. We appreciate your honest and balanced input. Your passion for new challenges and your pursuit to improve processes are perfect examples of the spirit and environment we embrace at Absolute. We appreciate your contribution to Absolute. We are thrilled that you are so happy in your role and we encourage you to continually share your insights and experiences with your manager and peers. Absolute’s current success is due in part to the commitment and innovation of people like you.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 3 reviews