Absolute Employee Reviews about "c level"

Updated 20 Aug 2019

3.7
Absolute Chief Executive Officer Christy Wyatt
Christy Wyatt
Pros
  • "Some great people work there and the culture was great when I was there(in 20 reviews)

• "Working time is flexible and promoting work-life balance(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "C-level executives threaten and force employees(in 8 reviews)

• "A lot of pressure from senior management, especially quarter end(in 7 reviews)

Reviews about "c level"

Return to all Reviews

"Don’t work for this company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Absolute full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

If you get a C-level position, all you need to do is nothing and collect paychecks.

Cons

1)Most employees underpay 2)Commission is low because they always have the hard time to hit the target 3)Short in budget, cutdown backfill positions 4)C-level executives threaten and force employees 5)No annual raise 6)They don’t promote hard worker 7)Executives dislike changes, so no improvement 8)Employees turnover rate very high 9)Dirty data in 2 systems 10)No matter how much revenue you bring into the company, and no matter how long you work for the company, once executives dislike you and they will throw you out

"Lack of employee focus"

2.0
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Absolute full-time

Pros

Great product and has a chance to explode if they market it correctly. Do invest in employees on training.

Cons

Below market pay. They have taken away the chance to hit quarterly accelerator's. Which means less in employee pocket and more in company based on your performance. A lot of pressure from senior management, especially quarter end. Job can be stressful due to this. May consider training for managers up to C level on how to treat people.

"Uninspiring and Toxic"

Former Employee - Sales in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Absolute full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The new offices are "nice". There are some good people who work here. Pretty good work/life balance.

Cons

Really too many: this is a hard place to get anywhere in. Sales reorganizes every 6 months or so. HR had become absent when a new head started. Marketing is ineffective and full of conflict. The biggest issue though is the tone from management, the C-levels. CEO came on with some vision but then flopped hard and fell on his face, he's uninspiring and has just surrounded himself with "yes" people. In fact when you look at the new offices one thing you'll note is that the CEO and other CXO's have an office along the windows, where everyone else doesn't. It seems that he's so full of self importance that he demanded a window office where generally he doesn't deserve one.

"Absentee Landlords"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Absolute full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Lots of very smart individual contributors who really want to do awesome things - Great new offices in Vancouver - Strong cashflow from current product offering (DDS) - Diverse ecosystem of customers and partners

Cons

- Dischord at the C-level: personal agendas seem to trump strategic objectives - "All care, no responsibility" and "Concerned bystander" disease is rampant at SVP/VP level - HR seems to see themselves as an enabling function rather than an empowering function - Too much focus on "defending the franchise" saps energy from the necessary change management required to assure above-market growth in the future

"Time for a change"

2.0

I have been working at Absolute full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great front line people who generally care deeply about the product, company and customers. Good central downtown location and decent perks. New offices will be nice.

Cons

This is once a great company which has been reduced to a shambles by the current CEO, who is only in it to pad his own resume and cares nothing for the customers or the employees. Running a company through intimidation and fear just doesn't work in the long term and continuously adding new C-Level executives at exorbitant compensation does nothing to change that. Going to work every day wondering what kind of unknown new pressure will come to the forefront does not make for a good environment. This company grew from zero to $100M annually through the hard work of the employees, the loyalty of our customers, and a great sense of teamwork and purpose all of which have been lacking in the last two years. Employees used to feel valued and felt that the company cared about them. ABT is now very cold, and the recent results show that this style of 1980's management just doesn't work. Don't be fooled by the canned marketing reviews on Glassdoor.

Continue reading

"Past its Prime- an Absolute Mess"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Absolute full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Really not many to speak of unless you think free soft drinks and the occasional free pizza really are employment perks! Well there is free popcorn too so maybe that will swing it for some job seekers! It’s a great place to work if you want to learn what not to do and if you want to pick up tips on how to destroy a company quickly. And, if politics and backstabbing are your thing – you will love it here!

Cons

It was once a really good place to work but it’s been going downhill fast for the past few years. There are still some good people here but most have left voluntarily or have been shown the door by a sad excuse for an HR department. Senior management has destroyed a company that was once great and it gets worse every day, led by an out of control CEO. Even more amazing is that the board sits by and does nothing. Marketing needs a complete overhaul, its all about the egos and politics; there isn’t much marketing going on. Sales leadership is a joke too and the company is haemorrhaging sales people, you can thank the C-levels for that. The stock price is dropping, the product portfolio is shrinking and the customers are taking note. As other reviews have pointed out, it will all be over soon.

October 23, 2015Absolute Software

Thank you for your input. It’s clear you enjoy some of the perks we provide and that you have a strong opinion about various parts of the business. We encourage you to share your thoughts with teammates and leaders in the spirit of open communications. The best input is constructive so hopefully you can contribute in this manner. We are proud of our open door policy, and we invite you to speak with your manager or any member of the leadership team to express your concerns in person. We take all constructive feedback seriously and frequently adjust course based on it. As we’ve pointed out in previous responses, Absolute is definitely a place of change. And we recognize that not everyone is cut out for this type of experience. We hope you are able to find some satisfaction in your career at Absolute.

"Top Company and Product"

5.0
    Current Employee - Sales in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Absolute full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Clarity on the future strategy of Absolute is clearer than ever. Morale is good and company is investing in training for employees. Large company allows for more opportunities. Best company I've worked for and great coworkers.

Cons

C levels need to engage with employees more and relax their dress.

August 19, 2015Absolute Software

Glad to hear you echo the feedback we’ve been receiving from the expansion of our employee training initiative. Thank you for sharing your positive experience!

8. "Great learning experience"

Channel Manager in Panamá
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Absolute

Pros

Works as a startup. Freedom to design and implement development plan independently.

Cons

No proper guidelines from C level management. Change in direction is too frequent for proper evauation of results.

January 30, 2015Absolute Software

Glad to hear that you’ve had the opportunity to develop new skills at Absolute. It’s great that you welcome the opportunity to take on new work and own a wide scope of projects. We appreciate your feedback around the company’s direction. As you know, we’ve undergone significant change over the past six months and we feel like we are gradually becoming a more connected and global operation, with a clear, unified strategy. Thank you for your feedback!

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 8 reviews