Accruent Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Found 350 reviews

3.6
Accruent CEO John Borgerding
John Borgerding
Pros
  • "Benefits like open PTO are huge highlights in the company(in 35 reviews)

• "And the unlimited PTO is awesome(in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • "Sometimes working remotely out of the New Orleans office can be a little inconvenient with most of the team working out of Austin(in 20 reviews)

• "The comp is well under market value and they will backfill former employees at 10% under their last salary which is already low(in 14 reviews)

1. "Great company"

Former Employee - Contract Specialist in Austin, TX

I worked at Accruent part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people and work environment.

Cons

I can't think of any.

Accruent2019-09-27
  2. "Working at Accruent is the best decision I've made in a while..."

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Accruent full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been working for Accruent for 6 months now and can confidently say my quality of life has changed dramatically - for the better! This is the case for several reasons: - Amazing work/life balance. - Leadership that trusts and supports employees. - Opportunities for career growth & industry learning. - Great people! Both in the NOLA office & at Accruent as a whole! - Beautiful office that is a... joy to come to every day.

Cons

Since the company was acquired by Fortive a little over a year ago, there have been a lot of shifts and changes within the organization. These changes are rooted in Accruent now having additional resources to support our customers and streamline internal processes so they are definitely going to help us in the long run, but there have been growing pains along the way.

Advice to Management

Continue providing transparency to your employees about expectations and pain points so that we can grow!

Accruent2019-09-25
  3. "Great Company for Professional Growth"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at Accruent full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits, great atmosphere, great culture and positive work environment. I like the ability to transfer within the company so you can use your experience in past roles to benefit you in your current role. Onboarding was by far the best I've ever received- I came in knowing nothing and they really helped set me up for success.

Cons

They push you a little outside your comfort zone with how much you can handle. The good part about it though is they provide a lot of training and support to help you really get to the next level. If you're looking for a lackluster job with no personal growth, Accruent might not be a good fit, but if you're looking to better yourself, and make yourself achieve a little more, it's a great place to be!

Accruent2019-09-11

"Finance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam

I have been working at Accruent full-time for more than a year

Pros

Relaxed environment, casual culture. Low office politics

Cons

Centralized decision making, bureaucratic, lacking innovative / experimental culture in offices outside of Austin. Struggling to globalize

Advice to Management

Empower employees, invest more in innovation, USA employees need a global mindset, improved communication

Accruent2019-09-02
  5. "Great option for those newly entering the workforce"

Current Employee - Technical Account Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Accruent full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Accruent is willing to hire less experienced workers which makes them a great first step in a career. There is potential to advance in the company if you make the effort yourself. Coworkers are friendly, knowledgeable, and create a positive environment.

Cons

Pay is below industry standard. Management will not be proactive in assisting with career path, you will have to own that yourself. Product stability is often low, though quality seems to generally be on the rise.

Accruent2019-08-04
  6. "Good work life balance most of the time"

I have been working at Accruent full-time

Pros

Flexible, WFH, freebies, foods and drinks

Cons

Below market pay and below market pay

Accruent2019-07-28

"Lots of positive efforts from on-boarding team negated by inexperienced spiteful managers"

Former Employee - Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Accruent full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working in The Domain is a plus but means an extra 30 minutes in your car each day. You can choose what to work on if your in a group like marketing which tells everyone their 'resources are stretched' to say no to new work. Unlimited PTO is real for favored employees, which are easy to identify as managers will spend time with them after hours. One manager's favorite promoted staff member had three weeks off... in her first quarter of her new role, a position she never held in her career.

Cons

Lots of moral boosting but no employee protections from favoritism, bias, and inexperienced managers, many with a few months of mgmt experience able to fire experienced workers. Accruent has to pay higher salaries to attract great talent, yet this creates resentment among the long-term managers who worked there for years at under-market rates. Accruent sees being employee-focused as providing parties and free food... instead of important items like having policies to restrict abusive managers and HR staff. I saw one manager increase her busiest employee's tasks on Monday then initiate firing them on Friday when angered over a delayed project. The HR staff never checked with the affected team which lost their best Product Manager. There's no sense of lifting employee importance with minimal job security, even after recent shocking employee events requiring counselors to be on onsite. Vindictive managers and rogue HR managers have no restraints if they wish to flippantly exit someone, instead of attempting to move them to another role within a 40,000 employee global organization, a common practice of world-class, employee-focused companies.

Accruent2019-08-25

"Working for a winner!"

Current Employee - Director in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Accruent full-time for more than a year

Pros

My job at Accruent allows me to do a variety of things. I focus mainly on growing and building a winning team in the New Orleans Office , but also get to work on strategic projects with the People's Team, Marketing, and Sales. Some people live to work, and others work to live. I live to work for Accruent. My belief in our values resonates through everything I do; from a conversation with a fellow business owner... while waiting for my coffee order before getting into work, through my daily meetings with our team and organization, to the networking events after hours. This role is a part of who I am and to be successful, I am inherently invested in and care about my team. I am proud of the bond I have cultivated with them, that has led us to successful milestones and pushed us past our goals. Over the past year, I've opened up the New Orleans office. I, along with several key team members have scaled the office from 1 to 67 people. During that time we've built a winning culture that other Accruent offices want to be a part of and emulate what we've done here in New Orleans. From kaizen activities to creating an environment where employees voices are heard to team building activities to creating an environment where employees can be successful at their jobs, I can say that we've created something special here in New Orleans. Being able to have access to our leaders and C-Team back in Austin has allowed me to be successful in my role. They've provided guidance and encouragement where needed, but for the most part they hired and trusted me to do a job and because of that, I've been successful. A successful company starts with caring, creative, innovative, and intelligent people and at Accruent those are the type of people we have throughout our organization. Working here, I am blessed and rewarded every single day of my job. One of the big things that differentiate us from other employers is that we invest in our employees and you begin to understand that when you go through our New Hire Orientation (NHO). We are a fast paced growth company which allows for creativity, new opportunities for employees, and fun challenges across our organization. Every single day I walk through our office doors, I have an opportunity to win the day because I live my work life by our 6 core values: Grit, Integrity, Humility, Drive to Excellence, Results, and Winning Attitude. There are many others throughout our U.S. and global offices that do the same thing, which make for a winning organization.

Cons

We have to pay for our parking. Would love to see that change, but I know most companies in downtown New Orleans do not pay for employees parking.

Advice to Management

Continue to trust in the employees we hire. Continue to give people the tools to learn and grow. Continue to invest in managers.

Accruent2019-07-16

"Software Company that you should work for"

Current Employee - Architect in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Accruent full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits and company culture. Promote healthy work life balance. Lots of growth opportunities. The company uses every technology you could think of so always an opportunity to learn something else and change teams. Competitive salary.

Cons

No paid parking Could provide more dev training opportunities

Accruent2019-07-19

"being acquired by them is a death sentence"

Current Employee - General Accountant in Centennial, CO

I have been working at Accruent full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun events, decent health coverage

Cons

Open PTO is a lie cause you aren't ever approved for it and even when you are on PTO you get bothered. Be prepared to have all staff members laid off or leave. If you are acquired its likely you will not be kept, or for way less money. Horrible turn over, crappy pay rates. Communication is HORRIBLE! Customer service is no existent. Departments are so broken up that no one works together.

Advice to Management

PAY US! Keep the people who know what they are doing instead of letting them go because they make too much. Stop laying off whole companies when you acquire them. Makes it hard to keep the software running if no one is around who knows it!!! Stop jerking people around between departments.

Accruent2019-07-19