Advance Financial Customer Service Representative Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

3.9
Advance Financial Chief Experience Officer and CEO Tina Hodges
Tina Hodges

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "company starts off with great pay and offers great benefits" (in 43 reviews)

• "Good pay good benefits staff is nice at some stores" (in 37 reviews)

Cons
  • "The store is open 24/7 therefore some of the hours may be undesirable" (in 18 reviews)

• "Hard to have a work/life balance" (in 12 reviews)

1. "Great for advancement, not much work/life balance"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN (US)

I worked at Advance Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. If you work hard and are a valuable employee, there are so many ways to move up either into management or into the corporate office. Just know this can take years, but definitely is possible!
    2. I liked my manager and upper management.
    3. The company pays you to volunteer for 40 hours in the year. They do care about charity work.
    4. The starting pay is great. Ask for the maximum.

Cons

1. The insurance is free, but it isn't that great. Very high deductible.
    2. 24/7 means, 24/7. You will have to work some holidays, and even as a daytime teller will have to work til 11pm or midnight. Depending on your manager, all your shifts may be like that.
    3. I found that the company was nit-picky over being a couple minutes late sometimes, but employees who called out continuously were not punished or held accountable.
    4. Some days you work at 7 am to 4 pm, sometimes you work 3:30 pm to midnight. Hard to have a work/life balance.
    5. This kind of establishment attracts a rough crowd regardless of location. Yes, you are safe behind the safety glass - doesn't mean creeps do not constantly come in or act weird.
    6. Not a bad job if you don't mind working all the time and don't have much happening outside of work. Also worth it if you plan to move up in the company.

Advice to Management

Close on holidays. Hard to promote yourselves for instilling a work/life balance when you are open every holiday and make employees work.

Offer more vacation days.

This is not a traditional retail job. Stores should be able to give employees set schedules, and let employees trade shifts.

2. "24/7"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbia, TN (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbia, TN (US)

I have been working at Advance Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

company starts off with great pay and offers great benefits. No college degree required

Cons

does not have set schedule. will be expected to work any and all shifts

Advice to Management

Communicate better

"It's good pay but hard hours"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Knoxville, TN (US)

I have been working at Advance Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay good benefits staff is nice at some stores.

Cons

You will not get a bounce even if you are the top store in company. Corporate does not care about stores outside of Nashville. Also the hours are 7-4, 3:30 -12, or 9:30 to 8 unless you get lucky and get a mid shift for 10-7. No real way to move up in the company at all only seen a handful of people move up in to a manager position in years.

Advice to Management

Upper management listen to the CSRs that actually do the work and stop focusing on things that don't matter like if we highlighted something or if we got a customer to verify the email.

"Great pay and benefits but you will feel terrible for what you do."

I have been working at Advance Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The money, “only reason why I tried it out” if you have time to spend it that is. Good healthcare and benefits as well.

Cons

This is not helping people. It is honestly incredibly immoral to me and I’m looking elsewhere for employment. The customer base will have you ready to leave a few weeks in. Not trying to be mean but it’s just the way it is. Advance financial is not just profiting off of the poor they are destroying their lives one customary fee/day at a time plain and simple. Huge mistake trying it out. They act as if they are helping people but jeez come on. You really think you are helping people with your interest rate? It’s sad and shouldn’t be allowed. So called “Christians” acting like they are doing a selfless deed to the community. I even worked on Christmas for these fools. Staying open on Christmas profiting off of the poor now that’s just the most Christian thing I’ve ever heard. They offer volunteer time paid but make you wear a shirt that says “do you get paid to volunteer?” It’s an oxymoron and incredibly embarrassing for whoever thought of it. I feel bad for these people I truly do.

Advice to Management

How do you sleep at night?

"Pretty Good place to work"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative/Teller in Nashville, TN (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative/Teller in Nashville, TN (US)

I have been working at Advance Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay, flexible schedules, fantastic benefits, company cares for you!

Cons

Not always staffed. Not always recognized for the hard work you do. Somewhat unrealistic expectations.

Advice to Management

Make our goals more realistic. Make the raises more feasible.

"Work Hard/Play Hard"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN (US)

I have been working at Advance Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere and corporate culture. Innovative, focused, determined to be the best in the industry. Fun corporate events, welcoming environment and a growing company.

Cons

Expect to work hard, be challenged and have to develop your inner salesperson

Advice to Management

Provide additional written procedures, training and guidelines for the online group.

"Customer Service Representative shows good values in an industry where values are at best in a grey area."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chattanooga, TN (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chattanooga, TN (US)

I have been working at Advance Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good immediate coworkers. Clear metrics for the most part.

Cons

Do not offer consistent overtime. Also, Yes-men are highly favored in management. If you like to voice your opinion and it differs from the ‘hire ups’, you might not stay long. Many hire up managers are puppets unfortunately. Merit is not the metric used to move up. Must make friends with the right people. Although, this is the case in many jobs now days, it is unfortunate that this employer goes by that.

Also, it is very difficult to sell a product that you know can negatively affect customers financially in the long run due to high interest rates. I realize that if used correctly the loan that this company offers can be beneficial to some. Unfortunately, most customers do not repay the loan within a short period of time and so eventually file for bankruptcy as a result.

Advice to Management

View this as a stepping stone to get to a good company that values intelligence/drive rather than whoever is willing to be a yes-man. Your empathy well for humanity is likely to run dry if you stay long.

8. "online"

I have been working at Advance Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

paid ins, gym, on site nurse, pay

Cons

no good shifts available at this time dont like working nights, their needs are 3-11 pm

9. "Great Work Invornment and Work Life Balance"

I have been working at Advance Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company culture is great. Everyone is very welcoming and eager to help each other and our customers. My supervisors strive to help create a positive work life balance, plus the benifits are pretty nice too. Lots of opportunities to give back to the community and you even get 40 hrs a year paid time off just to volentier

Cons

Not much for cons; however, the job is customer service based and expect on the rare occasion to deal with people who are not happy and want to yell at you for doing your job.

10. "CSR"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Springfield, TN (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Springfield, TN (US)

I have been working at Advance Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good starting pay. good benefits. seem to care about their employees

Cons

sporadic scheduling. could be working late one night and then early the next day

Advice to Management

more consistent scheduling