Advance Financial Customer Service Representative/Teller Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Find jobs for Customer Service Representative/Teller

Advance Financial Customer Service Representative/Teller Reviews

Updated 5 December 2018

Customer Service Representative/Teller

3.8
Advance Financial Chief Experience Officer and CEO Tina Hodges
Tina Hodges

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great Pay, great health benefits; paid vacations" (in 41 reviews)

• "Fun culture,open to feedback,great benefits and good pay" (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • "The store is open 24/7 therefore some of the hours may be undesirable" (in 17 reviews)

• "I feel so much a part of the energy that at times I find work/life balance a challenge" (in 11 reviews)

"Pretty Good place to work"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative/Teller in Nashville, TN (US)

I have been working at Advance Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay, flexible schedules, fantastic benefits, company cares for you!

Cons

Not always staffed. Not always recognized for the hard work you do. Somewhat unrealistic expectations.

Advice to Management

Make our goals more realistic. Make the raises more feasible.

"Misleading"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative/Teller in Memphis, TN (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative/Teller in Memphis, TN (US)

I have been working at Advance Financial part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a job, with free medical insurance. Not good insurance, but it eliminates a pay back during tax time if you can't afford it anywhere else.

Cons

-It's can be incredibly misleading based on reviews. You are basically forced to give positive reviews when showing up to required test dates in Nashville.
    -You get hired with expectations on 3&6 month raises but you have to nag your management to get it.
    -your Ops managers can essentially make up rules on a whim when it's convenient for them. (New rules on uniform, vacation time, your raise.)
    -no room for advancement. Have spoken to several who after 5+ years with the company that they simply "weren't promotable"
    -you may be left in a retail location alone for hours on end. Without breaks.
    -not allowed cell phones or even books to read. So prepared to be bored to death on slow days.

Advice to Management

-Express some empathy to those working with the public face to face Daily.
    -test products, systems and specs before rolling them out and making us look dumb when they don't work.
    -require OPS managers to work the counters for a certain amount of hours a week. (An hour a day?) Simply sitting at the break table on Facebook and texting is discouraging and frankly, not professional.
    - hold management on all levels accountable.
    -promote within, coach people in the direction of promotion.

3. "Teller"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative/Teller
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative/Teller

I worked at Advance Financial part-time

Pros

-They pay you well to compensate for the nonstop dishonesty that will soon become your life as an Advance Financial employee.

Cons

-The higher ups have no issue with blatant lying.
    -They use their loaning system as a means of competition between stores.
    -After 30 days, they make you log onto Glass door and give a review (Also note how none of the 30 day reviews are negative. Hard to believe that every single new employee would give a 4 or 5 star rating without some form of pressure.)

Advice to Management

--Stop using your customers' financial struggle as a means of competition. These are peoples' lives, not a game.
    --Corporate managers, stop bullying your store managers.
    --Don't make your new hires give positive reviews.
    --Stop lying to your employees and customers.
    --Shut your doors permanently.

4. "Terrible job good pay"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative/Teller in Murfreesboro, TN (US)

I worked at Advance Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay that's about it, and good coworkers other than upper management

Cons

Understaffed, 8+ hour shifts with no lunch, bad communication from upper management

Advice to Management

Stop talking about employees when they make small mistakes, keep the store staffed (there is no reason a 24 hour store should have 4 employees), be more open about changes, teach rules so people do not have to mess up to learn

"Customer Service Representative"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative/Teller in Sevierville, TN (US)

I have been working at Advance Financial part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent benefits, company sponsored outings, flexible scheduling, thorough hands on training, and incentives.

Cons

Company being based out of Nashville makes commutes for mandatory meetings for some individuals extremely hard depending on their financial situation and the time they have available.

Advice to Management

Have some company sponsored events based around the Knoxville and Chattanooga areas. Some employees don't have the opportunity to participate due to the commute.

"30day review"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative/Teller
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative/Teller

Pros

Funds loaded onto your FSA card are available as soon as your benefits become effective
    Safe work place w/bullet proof glass and 2 doors to get behind the cage
    Two pay increases within the first year
    Learn new systems and gain insight on financial institutions

Cons

Open 24/7 no time for family on holidays
    no business on holidays so it does not benefit us to be open

7. "Advance Financial"

I have been working at Advance Financial part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay, i trained at another store and all the employees were very welcoming and encouraging. The upper management are all nice and they really work with you on anything you need. They provide great tools to help you answer any questions you or customers may have.

Cons

If your cash does not balance the money comes from your check.

8. "thirty days experience"

I have been working at Advance Financial full-time

Pros

I have very good team work who helps me in everthing and my manager always helps me and let me have the experience and tries to solve all the problems and he`s too much patient with me ans also mt co work always help me .

Cons

i`m working night shift and I feel like I need more experience and sometimes I found some problems that I can`t solve because I`m working alone.

Advice to Management

Actually my manager is too much patient and kind and he`s my best manager ever

9. "Great Company - Not Great Hours"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative/Teller in Winchester, TN (US)

I have been working at Advance Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I truly enjoy my coworkers in the retail store. We are able to all be team players and everyone is extremely helpful. I also feel that the company does provide extensive new-hire training, which I feel is valuable.

Cons

The hours are a major downside - but you realize that when you sign up for the job because the company is open 365 and 24/7. If you have children, the hours are tough because you have to keep your availability open.

Advice to Management

If you are going to make major changes, make sure your employees are notified and provided with the correct training. Also, the khaki pants don't flatter anyone.

10. "Company Review"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative/Teller in Nashville, TN (US)

I have been working at Advance Financial (Less than a year)

Pros

They are very flexible and are willing to work around your schedule. I personally am a student and they work with my schedule and it helps a lot. I really like the fact that the company offers so many products so you're not constantly doing the same thing at work. The other employees are very helpful and everyone is willing to help you achieve. Training was really fun and I got to learn products quickly because of the help of my fellow coworkers.

Cons

I would say we lack some communication with managers and higher management. Some of the systems are new that we use to process transactions and there are glitches once in a while so you have to be very careful and review everything at the end of your shift.

Advice to Management

Make sure everyone is on board if there are schedule changes. Sometimes we have to ask other people in management because our direct supervisor may not know.