Advance Financial Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Advance Financial Reviews

Updated 5 December 2018

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great Pay, great health benefits; paid vacations" (in 41 reviews)

• "Fun culture,open to feedback,great benefits and good pay" (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • "The store is open 24/7 therefore some of the hours may be undesirable" (in 17 reviews)

• "I feel so much a part of the energy that at times I find work/life balance a challenge" (in 11 reviews)

1. "A great place to work!"

Current Employee - Verification Specialist in Nashville, TN (US)
    Current Employee - Verification Specialist in Nashville, TN (US)

I have been working at Advance Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This job is a blessing! It was everything that I prayed for in my new employment opportunity. My supervisor is so down to earth and has been extremely flexible with my shift with allowing me to get any extra hours available after 2 weeks on the job. The give you all the tools and help to make sure you know your job and what to expect. I love how the company does give backs to the community but even more how the support and encourage their employees to do the same. I am very involved in my church so to know when I need to be out for helping my church in events my company will pay me for those hours serving in charity events. It truly is a blessing to work here for me and look to retire from this job.

Cons

I honestly can say I have no complaints. This job has been great to me!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. I appreciate all my supervisors and trainers beyond measure. I am so very thankful to work for this company.

2. "Empolyment"

Current Employee - Verification Agent in Nashville, TN (US)
    Current Employee - Verification Agent in Nashville, TN (US)

I have been working at Advance Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very knowledgeable of company background. I like how everyone we met on our first day each had they're ow background story to tell. It's makes it easier to connect and listen to a person rather than someone coming in and introducing themselves then proceed to talk about a company.

Cons

I've personally have had a couple of training classes compared to others I personally do not have any cons. Amanda and everyone else did a good job.

Advice to Management

N/A

3. "Customer Service Specialist"

I have been working at Advance Financial full-time

Pros

GREAT PAY! GOOD BENEFITS!! GREAT TRAINING! And the company really cares about you as an employee. I am definitely looking forward to growing within the company.

Cons

The schedules could be a bite more consistent. A more attractive break room area in the retails locations would be great as well.

4. "Overnight"

I have been working at Advance Financial full-time

Pros

Great benefits, great training, great schedule, great pay and encourage volunteering in the community

Cons

uniforms are tan pants and black shirts

5. "Honest Review"

I have been working at Advance Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great employee enviornment and flexability. Good top end management.

Cons

All locations being open 24/7 seems wasteful......overnight employees go 6 - 7 hours without seeing a customer. Medical benefits are extreamly expensive for a family.

Advice to Management

Rethink all locations being 24/7. Find a way to make health benefits more affordable.

6. "working in Retention/Collections"

Current Employee - Retention Specialist
    Current Employee - Retention Specialist

I have been working at Advance Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Simple paced, easy tasks, working the dialer through the day, if you every worked collections in a call center environment, then you its pretty much self explanatory. Just collect payments via phone, and hit your monthly goals.

Cons

wish the dress code was more laid back (t-shirt, jeans, maybe shorts) in the call center since we're not in front of customers. My manager Too strict about working weekends.

Advice to Management

be more flexible to people's weekend obligations when scheduling.

7. "Decent Company with Few Incentives"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Advance Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

paid holidays after one year of employment. 40 hours of paid volunteer time, paid birthday, and pay is higher than average for CSR

Cons

Terrible hours, schedule is very inconsistent, very small bonuses that are almost insulting. Higher management seems to be out of touch with the way things work in stores.

Advice to Management

Give employees more incentive to do great work

"DO NOT WORK HERE"

I have been working at Advance Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The money is ok, better than a lot in the less populated areas. They help the community (far more than their own employees).

Cons

If you have a family, you'll never see them. You'll have to do the corporate sucking up to move up. The volunteering and community involvement is a big show. No bonuses. If the next person is late or doesn't show up for their shift, you're stuck there until a replacement shows up. God forbid they keep the stores stocked with any water or snacks as you cannot leave the cage if no one else if there. At least in the district I worked in. Advance Financial expects your life to revolve around their company.

Advice to Management

Your retail tellers are treated the worst. You can tell a lot of upper management take their positions to stop working these terrible hours as a store teller.

9. "MIT Review"

Current Employee - MIT in Nashville, TN (US)
    Current Employee - MIT in Nashville, TN (US)

I have been working at Advance Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Its a fun company to work for if you like a fast paced work environment, especially if you are in Metro Nashville area. The existing employees, for the most part, are always willing to help the "new guy" too.

Cons

The training schedule isn't as structured as i would have liked it to be. As a manager in training I wuld have liked a clearer learning path beyond standard teller training. All in all it comes in time, and I know Ill get the training that I need, i just like knowing what to expect ahead of time.

Advice to Management

Be more clear on timelines, schedules, and performance expectations. Have more classroom time before going to the branch, at least one additional day so we arent doing remedial activities at the teller window. If a retail employee, become a safe holder early in training and learn your over and shorts!

10. "online agent"

Current Employee - Agent in Nashville, TN (US)
    Current Employee - Agent in Nashville, TN (US)

I have been working at Advance Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

it's a very positive working atmosphere. I had a very inspiring interview with the manager. this company cares about employees including our growth in career. there are so many opportunities, everyone is friendly and willing to help. love working here.

Cons

for late shift there should be some pay rate compensation

Advice to Management

personally most of the time I don't get any break when the phone keeps ringing, but once if I realize it , the day is almost gone. but the new rule is for every time you leave your desk there is only 5 minutes allowance, I think it should be 10 minutes. for sitting there for several hours and staying on the phone non-stop, once finally realize to take a break but it's only for 5 minutes? I tried, only barely long enough for restroom. often get a big headache when I get off from late hours.