Advance Financial Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Advance Financial CEO Tina Hodges
Tina Hodges
  1. "Overnight"

I have been working at Advance Financial full-time

Pros

Great benefits, great training, great schedule, great pay and encourage volunteering in the community

Cons

uniforms are tan pants and black shirts

2. "MIT Review"

Current Employee - MIT in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Advance Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Its a fun company to work for if you like a fast paced work environment, especially if you are in Metro Nashville area. The existing employees, for the most part, are always willing to help the "new guy" too.

Cons

The training schedule isn't as structured as i would have liked it to be. As a manager in training I wuld have liked a clearer learning path beyond standard teller training. All in all it comes in time, and I know Ill get the training that I need, i just like knowing what to expect ahead of time.

Advice to Management

Be more clear on timelines, schedules, and performance expectations. Have more classroom time before going to the branch, at least one additional day so we arent doing remedial activities at the teller window. If a retail employee, become a safe holder early in training and learn your over and shorts!

3. "online agent"

Current Employee - Agent in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Advance Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

it's a very positive working atmosphere. I had a very inspiring interview with the manager. this company cares about employees including our growth in career. there are so many opportunities, everyone is friendly and willing to help. love working here.

Cons

for late shift there should be some pay rate compensation

Advice to Management

personally most of the time I don't get any break when the phone keeps ringing, but once if I realize it , the day is almost gone. but the new rule is for every time you leave your desk there is only 5 minutes allowance, I think it should be 10 minutes. for sitting there for several hours and staying on the phone non-stop, once finally realize to take a break but it's only for 5 minutes? I tried, only barely long enough...

Advance Financial2018-04-17
  4. "Feelings after thirty days"

Current Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Advance Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very laid back and fun atmosphere. Open door policy definitely exists

Cons

Nothing to complain about thus far

"DO NOT WORK HERE"

I have been working at Advance Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

The money is ok, better than a lot in the less populated areas. They help the community (far more than their own employees).

Cons

If you have a family, you'll never see them. You'll have to do the corporate sucking up to move up. The volunteering and community involvement is a big show. No bonuses. If the next person is late or doesn't show up for their shift, you're stuck there until a replacement shows up. God forbid they keep the stores stocked with any water or snacks as you cannot leave the cage if no one else if there. At least in the district...

Advice to Management

Your retail tellers are treated the worst. You can tell a lot of upper management take their positions to stop working these terrible hours as a store teller.

Advance Financial2018-05-08
  6. "First 30 days"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Johnson City, TN

I have been working at Advance Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The training for this job has been excellent. I felt very comfortable going to my new store and working the first day on my own.

Cons

clearer explanation of the hours and the career opportunities

Advice to Management

The management has been great thus far.

Advance Financial2018-03-29
  7. "Looking For A Family??? Here's One!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Advance Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Training you receive is Great. They really care about the Customer Service. The Pay is very good to what is out there in the market. The opportunities to advance are endless. Pay differential for overnights.

Cons

Hours vary as to multi-shifts. Can be easily bored if you are an always wanting to go person.

8. "Great Place to work"

I have been working at Advance Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay and the benefits are amazing! The company as a whole work really well together, and you are always treated like a person. -Free Health Insurance -Dental and vision Insurance -Flex spending account - Dependant care flex account -Roadside assistance -Corporate care fund -Fitness center -Bi weekly massage sessons -Food truck fridays etc...

Cons

Wish we had longer lunch breaks

Advice to Management

You're killing it!

9. "Day to Day"

I have been working at Advance Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

AF is true to it's service statement; " Friends Helping Friends" I have been associated with AF prior to this new experience, and I realize that it is the way I am celebrated as an associate that makes truly appreciate being apart of the AF family!

Cons

While I understand somethings are unavoidable I hope that system issues will one day cease to exist. In the meantime we endeavor to persevere.

Advice to Management

Continue to value the associates and make them apart of the overall AF experience for new employees

10. "First 30 Days"

I have been working at Advance Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Advanced Financial gets their employees involved in activities within the community as well as with co-workers. Within the first month I have won free tickets to Nashville Soccer Club's first home game and signed up for the company basketball team. I feel AF cares about their employees more than other companies I have worked at.

Cons

AF is open 24/7. With that being the case, sometimes it is difficult to balance work life with personal life. You must be very flexible with Advance Financial in order to work here.

Advice to Management

I would like to get involved in more activities within the company. My advice would be to send an email to every employee monthly about new activities they can sign up for.

Found 400 reviews