Advance Financial "set schedule" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Advance Financial Employee Reviews about "set schedule"

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Night Auditor"

Former Employee - Night Auditor in Minneapolis, MN (US)
    Former Employee - Night Auditor in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I worked at Advance Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay exceeds any competitor in the industry. I liked the consistency of the overnight schedule. Unlimited overtime is great for holidays and vacations. Benefits were great, healthcare and the 401k matching is excellent.

Cons

Working on a day shift there is no set schedule. Scheduling is left to the manager's preferences and has no form of seniority when it comes to vacation and holidays. The culture portrayed at corporate doesn't trickle down to the branch locations.

2. "Great job, bad schedule"

I worked at Advance Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay, easy job, wonderful coworkers, company paid health insurance, quarterly bonuses

Cons

Scheduling. There is no set schedule and makes work- life balance hard.

3. "I love working for Advance Financial"

I have been working at Advance Financial full-time

Pros

This is a GREAT Place to work, they actually care about their employees well being. they will work with you if you need to be off for any reason. They care about the customer's.

Cons

I don't like the fat that you do not have a set schedule and you have to work weekends

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

"I would not recommend this company"

Current Employee - Online Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN (US)
    Current Employee - Online Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN (US)

I have been working at Advance Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free High Deductible insurance
    Free GYM - before you can utilize, you must attend a class (held once a month), sign a waiver and have your door fab updated,
    40 hours of paid Volunteer hours
    You do accrue time off, but at half of the accrual rate until you have been there a year, You are not paid for Holidays until after a year.
    40 hours of sick time after your initial 30 days

Cons

Ever Changing schedules. You know two weeks in advance if you are morning, evening, combo of both, never the same days off. You can have a set schedule in a cal center,
    If in the online department, you are calling customers who have start an online application. You will continue to call these people, until either they complete the app and get an approval, if they ask you to stop calling. Calls are inbound, outbound and on an auto dialer, You can call a customer two or three times a day, Ethical?
    This is high school, they preach, "don't judge, respect" but the management team at this company talks and whispers behind or even in front of people's backs. They do not promote within, or they lie to you about the position, tell you its been filled, but you never see a new person in that department. Ethical?
    Training, they spend an entire day in orientation going over their philosophy on Know Show and Flow, no training manuals, documentation, you sit with a buddy to learn the systems, needed documentation. It is really too much to express.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring outside of the company, you have plenty of seasoned employees who already know the company and have experience. Just because you believe they do not fit into your click. You should spend less time worrying about an "anonymous" survey, that you asked the employees to complete and worry more training new employees.

5. "online agent"

Current Employee - Online Agent in Nashville, TN (US)
    Current Employee - Online Agent in Nashville, TN (US)

I have been working at Advance Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

working here at advance financial has been great. everyone is very helpful and want to see you succeed. their is more than enough room to grow in this company and their is always someone willing to help you get there.

Cons

having a set schedule would be great, but i think we are working to get there. i also wish we had a personal desk, to make it unique to each individual.

Advice to Management

keep up the good work!!!! working close with the supervisors and agents makes our perception of you great. john and sharon

6. "30 Day Review"

I have been working at Advance Financial part-time

Pros

The pay is great. They matched my pay from my last employer. Everyone is very helpful and genuinely seem like they want you to exceed. My manager has went out of his way to be sure that I am excelling at my job. Very encouraging. Plus healthcare is paid for by Advance Financial. AND THEY OFFER 40 PAID HOURS OF COMMUNITY SERVICE/ VOLUNTEER WORK! Never worked for a company that offered that. They truly care about the communities they work in.

Cons

They don't offer a set schedule for their retail store employees except management. Mandatory employee meetings even if they fall on your days off.

Advance Financial Response

16 Nov 2017 – Experience Manager

Thanks for the review. So happy to hear that our team members are as excited about volunteering as we are.

7. "My 30 day Review"

Current Employee - Teller in Chattanooga, TN (US)
    Current Employee - Teller in Chattanooga, TN (US)

I have been working at Advance Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best reasons to work for Advance Financial is just because its a helping hand. I love to help people and with the people I am surrounded by the throw off the same positive vibe that i am looking for.

Cons

Cons about working at Advance Financial is the scheduling. You don't have a "set" schedule, but you do get a lot of hours.

Advice to Management

Advice to the managers is to losing up and don't be so uptight about things. If i see that you being uptight it will put me in the same mood you are in also. with that being said throw of energy you would want your employees to have!

8. "LOVE this company!!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Advance Financial part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I work with some AMAZING people. This company really cares about its employees so much better than the last company I worked for. When I started I felt welcomed and already part of the Advance Financial family. My training went great they make sure you learn about the products you sell before letting you start selling the item so you know what you are doing.

Cons

Not a set schedule but nothing too major..its something you can deal with.

Advice to Management

None. You do an amazing job.

9. "30 days"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Knoxville, TN (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Knoxville, TN (US)

Pros

Very pleasant work atmosphere, friendly coworkers. Easy training and learning process.

Cons

Never a set schedule. Applied for days and was told it shouldn't be a problem.

10. "AF Review"

Current Employee - Customer Retention Representative in Nashville, TN (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Retention Representative in Nashville, TN (US)

I have been working at Advance Financial full-time

Pros

Potential for a good bonus.
    Great insurance benefits.
    Great coworkers.

Cons

Uniform.
    There is not a set schedule and you have to work weekends.

Advice to Management

I would rather be able to wear nicer clothes and not have to wear a black polo everyday.