Cover image for Aegis Living
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Aegis Living Employee Reviews about "coming to work"

Updated 1 Sep 2021

Found 31 of over 855 reviews

3.8
Aegis Living CEO Dwayne Clark
Dwayne Clark
Pros
  • "The team and residents are great and I truly look forward to coming to work every day(in 31 reviews)

• "I joined Aegis living about a year ago after working in luxury Senior Living for over 10 years(in 58 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Low pay for the work you are doing(in 20 reviews)

• "Finding great talent is always an area of focus and Aegis Living is doing everything possible in an attempt to attract people(in 20 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "coming to work"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to Work with Room to Grow!

1 Sep 2021 - Life Enrichment Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Life Enrichment is an amazing job to jump into no matter what your background is. It is so meaningful to plan and develop a program that works well for the residents. It's an amazing department to let your creativity shine! No matter what position you start in at Aegis, there is so much room to grow. Management is always looking for ways to promote within and truly cares about their employees. The team and residents are great and I truly look forward to coming to work every day.

Cons

As with many other work environments, COVID-19 has been difficult when it enters an Aegis community. However, with the protocols, Aegis has made it very easy to navigate and overcome challenges due to the pandemic.

Aegis Living

Thank you for all you do for your residents, bringing joy, wonder and fulfillment to them. We appreciate you.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Commitment to being happy at work

17 Aug 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Aegis has always been committed to making the workplace supportive and happy, with opportunity for career growth. There is a continual emphasis to make our communities places where people "want to come to work". I love that we provide daily awareness training that helps our staff understand how to be more empowered to create positive change. Who else does that?! We're only as good as each, individual contributor.

Cons

It's a tough labor market making finding people who have a great attitude that much more difficult. Recruiting great people is a huge priority.

Aegis Living

Thank you for sharing your experience working at Aegis Living and for all you do.

3. Join the Aegis Living team
      See Our Latest Jobs
    4. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

1000% Agree with below review on “depending on your role.” Thank you for posting & giving me courage to write this.

19 Jul 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Agree wholeheartedly with the review below. There are many positives of working with Áegis. Sadly we are so severely micro managed at the community level, when you actually try to do your job, someone from home office makes you feel like your an idiot. I love the residents and getting to know them and their loved ones. The teams work so hard an really care about each other. Most of the team members are there because they truly care for the residents. Many stay because their supervisors at the community truly care about them and treat them with respect. Most communities grow into our second families. Coming to work even with all the “warts” below, is still what I love to do. I hope this very candid review is delivered with the intent to learn instead of just a criticism.

Cons

I thoroughly enjoy working with my team and the staff in our community. Through the pandemic we all felt like we were stuck on an island alone. Answers from the home office were changing so rapidly that we felt left in the dark. It felt as though we were the ones infected especially if on the tiniest chance someone from Home Office were to actually come out to check on the team they might catch something from one of us. They’d stand in the parking lot and yell at us. Making us feel even more alone. That is if they’d actually come out. Oh and then there would be the drive-by deliveries…could you get away any faster? They would refuse come through the doors or let any of us outside to visit. Then they’d drop something at the front door and run away. Though the intent was to “support” us, it made us feel even more alone.

6 people found this review helpful

Aegis Living

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience working at Aegis Living. I can assure you that your message and all messages we receive are read and we do address them. It is often helpful to learn more so we can fully understand each situation shared and make corrections as needed. From your thorough message it is obvious that you care a lot about your residents, co-workers and where you work. Our commitment to providing outstanding care to residents and being an employee-first company with an incredible culture are two of our most important priorities. I can guarantee that your message is confidential. Speaking with you, and other employees, to learn more about what you are seeing and hearing in your community will help us better understand what your experience is so we can continue to improve. Thank you for your time. Tom Laborde Chief Operating Officer (707) 975-5065

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Incredible Company to Work For

29 Jul 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The heart is in the right place with this company. Complete commitment to serving an extremely vulnerable population. Great consideration is taken to provide roadmaps for employees to further their career and achieve their personal goals. I love coming to work each and every day. The culture is the foundation and it continues to bring in amazing people who help shape it and positive ways.

Cons

I have to dig exceptionally deep to think of things I am unhappy about at Aegis. At present, there is nothing on this list.

6. 5.0

Great place to work!

23 May 2019 - Marketing Director in Kent, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Family atmosphere, my co-workers quickly became my friends. Working with our residents and their families is very rewarding. I love coming to work each day, where else do you get heart felt hugs throughout the day? Our residents are amazing and our staff is so friendly!

Cons

Residents pass, that is part of life and sometimes it is hard. It is helpful remembering that we were part of their journey and we provided loving care when they needed it most.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

I’m a MCM, I’ve been working at the aptos facility for 2 years!

21 Mar 2018 - Med Tech in Aptos, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love this facility, my residents and my coworkers, I love that the GM and the ALD always recognize us when we do a great job and encourage us to do better! I enjoy coming to work to a place I feel appreciated! =)

Cons

I think everyday it’s a challenge to do better and succeed! So far I have no complaints, I really enjoy working here!

2 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Manager

25 Jan 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I look forward to coming to work each day. It is a blessing to be respected and work with such a diverse, likeminded group of professionals each day. Culture is held in such high regard that this rather than experience or skill is often the reason people are not selected in the hiring process leading to my previous statement of quality of co-workers.

Cons

It is not necessarily a con, but due to the strict hiring policy, we end up running very lean and some may consider it understaffed. I disagree and say I'd rather run lean than sacrifice the culture for a lighter and less profitable workload.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Absolutely Incredible Company

26 Oct 2017 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Servant leadership approach sets the stage for the culture. I remember my boss once telling me that the hierarchy is flat, from the dishwasher to the CEO. If there is a decision that needs to be made and we need a tie breaker then they will raise their hand but everyone is valued, everyone has a voice and everyone is treated with respect and dignity. In my previous company I was exposed to an incredible culture working from an entry level position into management over many years and I never thought I would find another company that would match this. Well Aegis has exceeded this bar and then some. When you have a company this size, serving employees coming from all walks of life and pay scales they're always challenges, some inconsistencies and the reality is that everyone isn't always happy. We live in an imperfect world but the difference with Aegis is they listen, they change and they care. The emotional intelligence residing in this company is the difference for me. Bottom line is that I love coming to work everyday and I am grateful to work for a company that is so committed to the experience for their employees and their residents.

Cons

We have the honor of caring for amazing seniors and the reality is that many of them are extremely frail. While it's humbling to care for this vulnerable population, it's also emotionally draining at times and difficult to deal with the loss.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Aegis day is everyday!

1 May 2017 - Business Manager in Aptos, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I am so happy to call Aegis my second home. There is never a day I dread coming to work.

Cons

Seeing long term coworkers and residents leave.

Aegis Living

What a great attitude about life. We know how hard our employees work to make lives better for their residents and families. Your devotion is greatly appreciated and we will continue to make Aegis Living a great place for you to work.

11. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Always room for improvement, yet so far the best company I've been with

9 Dec 2016 - Care Manager in Bellevue, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing and proactive management team who cares, listens, and helps employees. Most coworkers are friendly, some are even passionate and love what they do. Positive working environment is always a plus. High turn over rate is typical in this line of job, but they are working hard to address this issue. Great company to work for, especially at Bellevue location. Already advertise this company to any of my friends who are looking for job. Even come to work on my day off to hang out, that is how much I love this place and its people.

Cons

I had a chance to work with amazing people who cared so much about the residents. I feel like there should be a system to let employees to nominate or just give out kudos to those, it would be great. Some great work or dedication was not recognized simply because the management team cannot be there the whole time.

Aegis Living

Thank you for sharing your feedback about working at Aegis Living. We're happy to hear that you have had a good experience your first year. We will work hard to continue providing you with a positive work environment and will discuss your recommendations to see how we may implement them. - Tom Laborde Chief Operating Officer

Viewing 1 - 10 of 31 Reviews