Cover image for Aegis Therapies

Aegis Therapies

Engaged Employer

Aegis Therapies

Add a Review

Aegis Therapies Employee Reviews about "aegis"

Updated 28 Nov 2021

38% Approve of CEO

Found 56 of over 504 reviews

Aegis Therapies President Martha Schram
Martha Schram
Pros
  • "Clinical growth through company provided continuing education(in 24 reviews)

• "Company provided good benefits including HRA(in 21 reviews)

• Cons
  • "High productivity, tough being contract in the facility(in 32 reviews)

• "Contract company, smaller company, no raises(in 29 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "aegis"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Not the best company for a new grad

28 Nov 2021 - Occupational Therapist in Newton, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

flexible schedule, excellent coworkers, overtime pay

Cons

I'm a new grad and haven't received much support or mentor ship even though its something that Aegis prides itself on. Also has a high turnover rate

VP Recruiting & Staffing

Aegis Therapies is committed to enhancing the experience of those professionals who have chosen rehabilitation therapy as their career. We pair our new team members with an experienced therapist or therapy assistant who serves as a mentor to help you become acquainted with the setting, systems, and culture of Aegis Therapies. We also offer an unmatched continuing education program for our team members. We would encourage you to have a conversation with your manager to make sure your onboarding process is smooth and that you have the mentoring support you need. We look forward to growing your career with you.

2. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Poor Management

23 Sep 2021 - Therapist
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are none at this time.

Cons

This is the first time I have ever written a negative review for a company that employed me, but I am compelled to do so today. Aegis is by far one of the worst companies I’ve worked for. Management absolutely does not care about its employees. They do not recognize staff for its hard work or extra effort. They do not give raises, in fact they give pay cuts. They were of little assistance to staff who were laid off and needed unemployment benefits during the pandemic. They offered no hazard pay to front line staff and never checked on our mental well being or gave any real encouragement during the first year of the pandemic. Upper management rarely visits and continues to pile more and more responsibility on evaluating therapists all while demanding high productivity. About once a year they ask to hear about staff concerns but no changes are made. The staff turn over is high. I could go on but I will stop here. This company disappoints on every level. I do not recommend working for Aegis.

5 people found this review helpful

VP Recruiting & Staffing

Thank you for providing your feedback. This is an unprecedented time and healthcare in particular has been drastically affected by the pandemic and industry changes that continue to take place. That said, our patient-centered values and priorities have not changed, and we have had to remain flexible as these events interrupted the “normality” of doing business. Aegis implemented several COVID related programs to support our employees in early 2020 and communicated the details of those programs through several channels, including regular updates to our internal employee database (myCare) to help ensure all employees were aware of what was available. Because we have been in healthcare for over 22 years, we know there is a strong future for therapy and appreciate our employees now, more than ever, as we continue to integrate the necessary changes to remain relevant in our industry. We understand that across every sector of America, mental well-being is a high priority as we continue to navigate the implications of the changing values and priorities of our patients, clients and team members every day. I encourage you to connect with your DOR, local leadership and RDHR to share your concerns and discuss how we can ensure we work together to help improve your experience moving forward.

3. Join the Aegis Therapies team
      See Our Latest Jobs
    4. 2.0
      Current Employee

work

16 Jun 2021 - SLP CFY in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Aegis is a great company

Cons

I cant think of any

VP Recruiting & Staffing

Thank you for taking the time to review and for being an essential part of our team. The SLP Clinical Fellowship Program is an important program at Aegis, and we value your feedback. With clinical support, continued training and a deep commitment to leading in the industry, we hope that you will grow in your career at Aegis Therapies and continue to impact people’s lives every day.

5. 5.0

Patient Care Focused

24 Mar 2021 - Director of Rehabilitation in Kansas City, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunities for career growth, patient-centered, values employees, clinical focus

Cons

Changes in wages have more to do with Medicare reimbursement decreases. Aegis works hard to pay fairly in this constantly changing environment.

VP Recruiting & Staffing

Thank you for your positive review and for being a valued, tenured member of our team. Aegis Therapies is dedicated to meeting our patients' needs and providing excellent results through our patient-centered values. We recognize that our teams make those successes happen, and we try to provide cutting-edge opportunities for growth and continuing education. Even with the consequences of PDPM/PDGM, the Public Health Emergency, COVID-19 and the reductions to reimbursement included in the 2021 Physician Fee Schedule, we will continue to make every effort to remain at the forefront of employee development, compensation and other benefits that make our company a leader in our industry.

6. 1.0

JUST FINALLY FED UP

4 Apr 2021 - COTA
      Business Outlook

Pros

None. I really can't think of anything.

Cons

I've worked for this company twice. Left first for personal reasons. Came back because at the time was a exciting company and treated me well and HAD excellent benefits NOW.. instead of restructuring again and getting rid of positions that only require one or 2 people to do ..at upper management level not the frontliners. We all know most big companies are hugely top heavy. Now we have pay cuts and pushes for concurrent and group ( mainly folks because that's part of the contracts with the facility from when PDPM started.. for some could of been sooner) . We have to see patient for an hour whether its appropriate or not. I been with this company over 10 years and yes I am actively looking for a new job. . Id rather the response from Aegis not to be cookie cutter like I have been reading that the cuts have been so because of the new changes in reimbursement. I already feel like I didn't matter.. kicking myself that I was loyal and I stuck by you with no raises in 8 years only to get the last raise I got taken away. Loyalty got me no where.

4 people found this review helpful

VP Recruiting & Staffing

In the more than 20 years we have been in business, Aegis Therapies has put employee satisfaction and loyalty at the forefront of our goals as a company and have continued to endure through industry changes. We appreciate that you have stayed with us through that time and understand your disappointment. Recent changes including, PDPM, regulatory decisions and the current Public Health Emergency, had consequences that have affected our industry as a whole and have forced our entire industry to reevaluate clinical and business practices from the top down in order to continue to provide excellent care for our patients. As you know, we have implemented multiple changes throughout the organization in an attempt to avoid impacting our front-line employees, but ultimately, we had to make the difficult decision to reduce wages company-wide. We appreciate your longevity and loyalty and encourage you to talk with your DOR or any other manager to discuss your specific concerns and your individual experience before going elsewhere. In tumultuous times, more than ever, your feedback is important to us as well as your professional expertise as a COTA.

7. 2.0
      Current Employee

They don’t care

15 Jan 2021 - Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant (COTA)
      Business Outlook

Pros

My coworkers are fun and easy to get along with.

Cons

Aegis doesn’t care about you. They haven’t given out raises in over 8 years and when you receive your annual review (with manager stating you have met or exceeded all goals) and ask for a raise they respond with “feel lucky that you we haven’t cut jobs.”

2 people found this review helpful

VP Recruiting & Staffing

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. As we all know, a lot is happening in our industry right now. We care very much about our teams and each individual we serve and employ. In light of recent and significant impacts to the industry, including PDPM and PDGM, the current public health emergency, and the physician fee schedule, we continue to do everything we can to continue to support our patients and our teams. With over 20 years in the industry, we understand the challenges of providing efficiencies in cost, quality treatment and patient satisfaction, and although the current reimbursement environment does not support an ability to increase wages, we review our compensation regularly to ensure we are competitive in each market and can continue providing critical services to our patients during this difficult time.

8. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

All about the bottom line

29 Dec 2020 - Occupational Therapist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice co-workers. ----- ----- ----

Cons

This company does not want to pay you. Given the amount of education it takes to become a PT/OT/SLP you would expect a decent salary. However, Aegis expects you to do max amount of work for minimum pay. It only went more downhill after PDPM. Things that were previously discouraged for billing purposes were now expected to be normal practice for the same reason. Co-treat. Concurrent treatment. A certain percent of group therapy. Treat the same amount of patients in less time and then leave whether or not you've worked 8 hours. The productivity expectation is absurd. The MBAs who run these companies have no idea what it's like to treat patients in a SNF; all of the external barriers that come in to play. Who is refusing therapy? Who wants therapy later? Who hasn't received their meds yet? Who needs help going to the bathroom or which nurse needs help transferring a patient and even though you want to help, you're hesitant because it's not billable time and won't count toward your productivity. Who would rather go to activity? Who's agitated? Who has a doctor's appointment? Who goes out to the hospital? Who can't actually tolerate therapy? Do screens, build up your caseload, but don't spend too much time because that's not productive. Write your notes while you're with the patient but provide patient centered care. You can only bill for time spent with the patient even if you're in a family care conference where the patient isn't present. Need a wheelchair but can't find one? Search the facility but that's unproductive time. It goes on and on. I'd spend hours working off the clock to get everything i needed to done so it wouldn't mess with my productivity. They say this is against company policy, but they know and don't care. The things we have to do as therapists that we can't bill for. Aegis doesn't give holidays. Want a holiday off? Use your PTO or flex the day. So you can have off Christmas but you need to work saturday to make up for it. Working a holiday? Why should you? NO HOLIDAY PAY!! And don't forget to go online and pick your holiday gift! If you don't you get a nice coffee tumbler! How insulting!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also no chance for a raise unless you've worked there for 15 years, so prepare to be underpaid. Working for this company was a nightmare. My personal hell come to life. thank you for making me hate being an occupational therapist.

Continue reading
      5 people found this review helpful

VP Recruiting & Staffing

We are sorry for your experience. Being an Occupational Therapist in a skilled environment does require flexibility, precisely because the care is patient-centered and is organized around a team staffing model. Treatment depends on the volume and acuity needs of the patients requiring skilled rehabilitation in each facility, so workdays will vary. Aegis Therapies is proud to be clinician lead. Our CEO is a licensed PT, and all therapy field leadership hold PT, OT, or SLP credentials. This, combined with over 20 years in the industry, enables us to understand the challenges of providing efficiencies in cost, quality treatment and patient satisfaction. With the shifting costs of healthcare, varying reimbursement rates, the pandemic, and PDPM, it has been an extraordinary year. Throughout all these changes, Aegis continues to be committed to making necessary adjustments to best achieve our patient care objectives, support the incredible challenges faced by our therapists and customers. We are pleased to continue to offer benefits that are competitive in the industry. We trust our staff with our mission to make a difference every day, as well as their ability to handle their PTO, vacation schedule and tools to get the job done. With 88.5% employee retention, we know we are continuing to build a solid team of professionals who impact the variety of clinical settings they work in.

9. 5.0

Clinically Driven Company

23 Dec 2019 - Physical Therapist in Kansas City, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Aegis has always made decisions based on the needs of the patients and has allowed me expand on my knowledge base in areas where I had less comfort. Would recommend this company to other therapy professionals.

Cons

I see no cons at this time

VP Recruiting & Staffing

Thank you for your review. As a tenured employee of our organization, it means a great deal to read about your positive experience. “We treat people not patients” is not just a tagline but is at the heart of all we endeavor to do at Aegis Therapies. We are pleased that you have been able to increase your knowledge and professional skills through the educational opportunities we offer. We hope you will continue to experience professional growth and fulfillment with our company. Thank you for all you do for our customers every day.

10. 5.0

Great Place To Grow

20 Nov 2019 - Director 0f Rehab in Fergus Falls, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

I am an Occupational Therapist Assistant by background - but with Aegis, I don't feel any limitations. I have been given the opportunity to grow in the Company into management and have been able to expand my clinical tool box in a way many assistants are not able to do. I am wound care certified and also lymphedema certified - and those trainings are such a gift to my profession. I am fortunate that Aegis puts that much value into their staff to allow us this training.

Cons

My biggest complaint is when I see staff coming on new - with much less experience than I - and making the same money, or at times even more.

VP Recruiting & Staffing

Thank you for taking time to review. Your progress within the company is a reflection of your professional excellence and we are grateful for all you do to better the lives of our patients. Aegis Therapies strongly supports employee development, and continuing education while offering over 500 courses that are approved for C.E.U.’s as well as a robust library, and financial assistance to achieve state licensure, certificates, and memberships in select organizations. We are glad that you have been able to benefit from the expanded training. We do try to remain competitive in the industry with base salaries as well as fair compensation for our employees based on their experience, performance and contributions to the organization.

11. 5.0

Ethical company

13 Nov 2019 - Director of Rehabilitation
      Business Outlook

Pros

Aegis will never ask you to do anything unethical, management truly believes everything they do will benefit the patient, there is access to much continuing education, the rehab staff in nearby areas help each other out & I enjoy working with the team members in my location.

Cons

There are many challenges working in all healthcare settings, however, we can still help our patients.

2 people found this review helpful

VP Recruiting & Staffing

Thank you for your review and for recognizing the customer centric culture of Aegis Therapies. We respect the clinical expertise and teamwork of our staff members to achieve optimum patient care. We hope to remain at the forefront in providing workforce education to empower our teams and give them the opportunity for professional development. Be sure to take advantage of the more than 500 CEU approved courses we offer as well as the robust library that is available.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 56 Reviews