Aerotek Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

3.4
Aerotek CEO Todd Mohr
Todd Mohr
1,367 Ratings
Pros
  • "Great growth opportunities and great people(in 145 reviews)

• "There is a roadmap to be successful and a great training program to get you going quickly(in 112 reviews)

1. "Good"

Senior Recruiter

I have been working at Aerotek

Pros

Good company, great work culture

Cons

nothing that I can think of

Aerotek2017-02-18

"Recruiter"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Aerotek full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great people, great training, great entry level opportunity to get into recruiting and sales. If you are successful you will make more here than about anywhere else. Performing Recruiters are making $55k-$75k. Great Recruiters are making $100k+. Every large office has salespeople making $200k-$400k. Culture is 100% committed and generally cool type-A's you would want to have a beer with. The skills, drive, and... sense of urgency you learn at Aerotek serve you well anywhere you may go later.

Cons

If you are just looking for a low-commitment 8-5 job while posting on social media about where you are partying that night...you will not like Aerotek. Success requires an all in approach both in work ethic and active support of the culture. That is not for everyone. There are Political Science grads 3 years out of college making $200k+, but there is a price to be paid. All the tough work comes first. If you are not... up for the level of work and commitment, Aerotek is not for you. If you are, none of this is really a "con" As far a real cons go, the benefits are only OK, and finding work/life balance is pretty difficult.

Aerotek2015-10-30

"Difficult but character-building."

Former Employee - Recruiter in Seattle, WA

I worked at Aerotek full-time for less than a year

Pros

-The main thing that made my time at Aerotek so valuable was the absolutely awesome group of Recruiters and Account Managers. I can't say enough about how much I enjoyed getting to know all of my coworkers; I'd be hard-pressed to pin down a single person in "The Pit" that I wouldn't feel comfortable approaching for any help, whether it be regarding work, or personal life. -The high intensity work environment... really pushed me to be the best I could be. The (VERY) high feedback culture is definitely not for everybody, but if you are the type of person that wants to improve at the fastest rate possible through direct confrontation, this is a great place to get yourself kicked into gear. -Lots of perks including snacks/coffee in the office, free lunches when you meet with contractors/candidates, and an occasional office bonding trip somewhere in town.

Cons

-This was my first job out of college, so to be fair, I don't have any previous experience to base things on. However, I can say that for me personally, the hours were the toughest part of the job. 12-hour days were common, giving me no time to have any sort of social life outside of the office during the week. -"Process" of firing employees (see below).

Advice to Management

When I was let go from Aerotek, it was done very unprofessionally. I was pulled into a room completely out of the blue, and told that it was my last day. This alone would be understandable, but they wouldn't even let me go back into the office to clean up my desk or grab my extra belongings (I'm still in touch with a former co-worker to bring me back my coffee mug and water bottle). In addition, I had a lunch... interview scheduled with a candidate for 30 minutes later, and multiple others that week. They took my computer away so I couldn't tie up any loose ends, with no way to inform these people that I would no longer be able to meet with them (I still met with the candidate I was scheduled to interview later that day, since he drove over an hour to get there. I had to take notes on a brown bag since my laptop and notebook were both taken from me back at the office. You're welcome for keeping your reputation intact, Aerotek). For a company whose motto is "Our People Are Everything", this was quite a pitiful showing of ignorance toward both me and the candidates I was working with. Here's my advice: Have some respect for the people that have put blood sweat and tears into your company. I know I wasn't by any means a top performer, but I did my very best from day 1 and I got kicked to the curb with absolutely no warning or opportunity to plan for my next step. In a business with such high turnover, leaving all former employees with a bad taste in their mouth will bite you down the road.

Aerotek2017-11-03
  4. "Great people, very supportive"

Current Employee - Contract Worker in Coeur d'Alene, ID

I have been working at Aerotek full-time for less than a year

Pros

Try out a company before committing to full time employment. Health insurance is great.

Cons

No paid time off or benefits.

Advice to Management

Keep appreciating your people!

Aerotek2019-10-14
  5. "Awesome people i worked with. Great pay."

I worked at Aerotek

Pros

High pay, cool people to work with

Cons

Paying for your own hotel room for the first 2 weeks

Advice to Management

New employees should get hotel paid for untill first paycheck is cashed.

Aerotek2019-10-15
  6. "Great place to grow"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Aerotek full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Uncapped commission, great place for development and advancement.

Cons

Long hours, can't control all outcomes

Aerotek2019-10-10
  7. "Good company to work for"

Current Employee - Lab Technician

I have been working at Aerotek full-time for less than a year

Pros

The recruiters are great. They keep you updated, and help you find a job quickly. They really work with you, and help you out to get you employed as quickly as possible.

Cons

They can't always guarantee that the job they help you get is going to be a stable one.

Aerotek2019-10-11
  8. "Great experience"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Detroit, MI

I worked at Aerotek full-time for less than a year

Pros

Gteat experience; account executive was very hands on. Easy to get paid and always paid on time.

Cons

Temp-to-hire terms were a little murky as in time line.

Aerotek2019-10-07
  9. "Great Firm"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Aerotek full-time for less than a year

Pros

The feedback I get from managers and their investment in my development is unmatched by other companies that I've worked at.

Cons

Hours are more than other jobs but the job is fun.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

Aerotek2019-10-07
  10. "Good culture company"

Current Employee - CSA in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Aerotek full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible with work and good variety of software

Cons

Heavy on hours and overtime

Aerotek2019-10-18