Aerotek Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Aerotek President & CEO Todd Mohr
Todd Mohr
1,266 Ratings

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "You also can make a lot of money very quickly" (in 72 reviews)

• "Can make a lot of money if you work hard" (in 68 reviews)

1. "Good"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter

Pros

Good company, great work culture

Cons

nothing that I can think of

"Recruiter"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people, great training, great entry level opportunity to get into recruiting and sales. If you are successful you will make more here than about anywhere else. Performing Recruiters are making $55k-$75k. Great Recruiters are making $100k+. Every large office has salespeople making $200k-$400k. Culture is 100% committed and generally cool type-A's you would want to have a beer with. The skills, drive, and sense of urgency you learn at Aerotek serve you well anywhere you may go later.

Cons

If you are just looking for a low-commitment 8-5 job while posting on social media about where you are partying that night...you will not like Aerotek. Success requires an all in approach both in work ethic and active support of the culture. That is not for everyone. There are Political Science grads 3 years out of college making $200k+, but there is a price to be paid. All the tough work comes first. If you are not up for the level of work and commitment, Aerotek is not for you. If you are, none of this is really a "con"

As far a real cons go, the benefits are only OK, and finding work/life balance is pretty difficult.

"Difficult but character-building."

Former Employee - Recruiter in Seattle, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Seattle, WA (US)

I worked at Aerotek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-The main thing that made my time at Aerotek so valuable was the absolutely awesome group of Recruiters and Account Managers. I can't say enough about how much I enjoyed getting to know all of my coworkers; I'd be hard-pressed to pin down a single person in "The Pit" that I wouldn't feel comfortable approaching for any help, whether it be regarding work, or personal life.

-The high intensity work environment really pushed me to be the best I could be. The (VERY) high feedback culture is definitely not for everybody, but if you are the type of person that wants to improve at the fastest rate possible through direct confrontation, this is a great place to get yourself kicked into gear.

-Lots of perks including snacks/coffee in the office, free lunches when you meet with contractors/candidates, and an occasional office bonding trip somewhere in town.

Cons

-This was my first job out of college, so to be fair, I don't have any previous experience to base things on. However, I can say that for me personally, the hours were the toughest part of the job. 12-hour days were common, giving me no time to have any sort of social life outside of the office during the week.

-"Process" of firing employees (see below).

Advice to Management

When I was let go from Aerotek, it was done very unprofessionally. I was pulled into a room completely out of the blue, and told that it was my last day. This alone would be understandable, but they wouldn't even let me go back into the office to clean up my desk or grab my extra belongings (I'm still in touch with a former co-worker to bring me back my coffee mug and water bottle). In addition, I had a lunch interview scheduled with a candidate for 30 minutes later, and multiple others that week. They took my computer away so I couldn't tie up any loose ends, with no way to inform these people that I would no longer be able to meet with them (I still met with the candidate I was scheduled to interview later that day, since he drove over an hour to get there. I had to take notes on a brown bag since my laptop and notebook were both taken from me back at the office. You're welcome for keeping your reputation intact, Aerotek). For a company whose motto is "Our People Are Everything", this was quite a pitiful showing of ignorance toward both me and the candidates I was working with.

Here's my advice: Have some respect for the people that have put blood sweat and tears into your company. I know I wasn't by any means a top performer, but I did my very best from day 1 and I got kicked to the curb with absolutely no warning or opportunity to plan for my next step. In a business with such high turnover, leaving all former employees with a bad taste in their mouth will bite you down the road.

4. "Hard work pays off!"

Current Employee - Engineering Recruiter in Colorado Springs, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Engineering Recruiter in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Culture
    Helping others find employment
    Make good money
    Opportunity
    Personal and professional growth
    Leadership

Cons

Family life balance
    Long days
    Work comes home with you

5. "Enjoyed My Time Here"

Former Employee - Skilled Trades Recruiter in Phila, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Skilled Trades Recruiter in Phila, PA (US)

I worked at Aerotek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Competitive environment, great coworkers, incentives, good commission structure, major holidays off, music in the office, happy hours, getting to help people, working with great companies

Cons

Long hours, work can be very frustrating at times

Advice to Management

Reduce the 10 hour work day to 8 hours. I believe we can accomplish everything we need to accomplish if we made the hours shorter. Also more team building events would help with the turnover. I really appreciated the time my managers took to help me learn. Not all the managers in my office were like mine so I was very thankful to have a great mentor to look up to. Keep caring about people!

6. "Get Out What You Put In"

Current Employee - Account Recruiting Manager
    Current Employee - Account Recruiting Manager

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Advancement Opportunity
    Team Atmosphere
    Development Focused

Cons

Sales Job = Work/Life Balance Struggle
    Effort is only thing you can control
    Difficult conversations/feedback internally and externally on daily basis

7. "Great culture, great people"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a lot of growth in the company that's possible. It's a fair company to work for - if you put in the work, you will do really well.
    They really invest in their employees.

Cons

People complain about work life balance but if you can manage your time well, you'll be fine.

8. "Challenge, Culture, Opportunity...find it here."

Current Employee - Practice Lead in Appleton, WI (US)

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

From the very first day I came to Aerotek, it has always been promised that what I put in, will be paid back. I can honestly say I believe I have seen and been given more opportunity than was ever promised. The people I work with care for me and my career and provide honest and open feedback to help me develop further.

Cons

It is spoken about a lot in this forum and on review pages, but some believe the focus on production and results can be a 'con' b/c if you are not able to achieve your goals you set, than you are expected to work more, and potentially be in the office more to achieve the desired result. I do not believe teaching and valuing the importance of setting and achieving goals should be misconstrued as "con".

"Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Practice Lead in Appleton, WI (US)

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Leadership Development
    Taught me how to run a business and continues to teach me as I move into other roles
    There is no timeline for the next role, when you are ready you will be promoted

Cons

I wouldn't consider it a con, but it's not a 40 hours a week job. Flexibility is earned, but you have to get your job done on a daily and weekly basis no matter how many hours that takes you.

10. "Life of a contract welder"

Current Employee - Welder/Fabricator in Portland, OR (US)
    Current Employee - Welder/Fabricator in Portland, OR (US)

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work always available if you are a skilled welder

Cons

Working for a recruiter that might be several states away

Advice to Management

Need more ways to communicate ,when there are issues