Affectv Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 7 January 2019

3.7
Patrick Johnson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "US Market in High Growth"

Current Employee - Director - Sales in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Director - Sales in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Affectv full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Affectv has strong leadership and is positioned well to have continuing success here in the US. The talent is strong and takes pride in training and getting others involved. Fast paced environment where best ideas win. Always feel involved in business decisions being made at micro and macro levels. For those seeking a fun, fast paced environment where you can make a tangible difference, look no further!

Cons

Will need to work hard and smart, this won't be for those seeking a 9-5.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees and evolving the story and product as the industry evolves.

2. "Best place to work!"

I worked at Affectv full-time

Pros

Close-knit and friendly team. So much room for personal growth and development as they are expanding globally.

Cons

No cons that come to mind - overall a great company to work for!

Advice to Management

Continue to get and implement employee feedback frequently

3. "Working at Affectv"

Former Employee - Human Resources Coordinator/Office Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at Affectv full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The team at Affectv is very supportive, the management team is very open and everything is being communicated. They've supported me throughout my career and I've learned a lot during my time at Affectv.

Cons

Office can be noisy as there's always lots going on.

4. "Innovative and full of opportunities"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at Affectv full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Affectv not only supported me through a career change and training but gave me many opportunities to be continually challenged, developing my own skills whilst being supported whenever I needed. The flat management style allows you to talk to anyone and is the best environment for learning and working as a team. I miss the buzz of the office!

Cons

Sometimes there’s too much going on in the office and you have to find somewhere else to work!

5. "Okay"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Affectv (More than a year)

Pros

Good product. Nice team but was in start up mode during my time there. I'm sure things have changed since

Cons

Commission structure is below average

6. "Friendly company looking to grow"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Affectv full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people at Affectv are great, everyone will go out of their way to help anyone else. The staff are broadly quite young and full of people looking to learn from each other and grow.

Cons

For a small company sometimes things can be quite slow moving. The direction of the company is not always totally clear or adhered to when given.

Advice to Management

You already do make efforts to have open and transparent communication with staff, but it's not always as effective as it could be. It should be more regular, concise, structured and unified.

7. "Account Manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Account Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at Affectv full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great learning environment with monthly guest speakers/business coming in to talk about the industry.
    Lots of learning sessions with the management team.
    Good process in place overall
    Not too big company so you get a good vibe of everyone knowing each other
    Lots of employees been there for a couple of years
    Good benefits like Unlimited holiday
    Trendy offices in Shoreditch
    Focus on building tech which is a big positive
    Accommodating for clients, which is also a positive
    Transparency from Management/Directors to rest of the company, which was very refreshing to see and brought positive vibes to whole business as everyone knew what was going on and how the business was doing.

Cons

For me personally, AM role was a bit too commercial with big focus on growing Existing Business, however, that may suite others in the role from a more sales background. However, coming from a more techy side realized did not enjoy the more sales/commercial side of the role

Also during my initial weeks there were a few changes at the time for the business and AM team, so did not get a chance to connect with the people/company as much, as it was a very busy time for everyone.

However, all of these are more personal rather than negative reflections and someone else coming in may have seen these as positives.

Advice to Management

Doing great with teaching new employees and hiring lots of grads to build them up within the business. Really liked the transparency within the business and openness.

"Truly Agile"

Former Employee - Front End Developer
    Former Employee - Front End Developer

I worked at Affectv full-time

Pros

There was an exciting buzz to work at Affectv. This was the first time I have worked in a properly Agile team. The lead engineer, Jordi Garcia, was a brilliant Scrum Master and mentored me in best software practices. We were constantly improving our methods and regularly putting out new releases.

The company had a very flat structure, which led to a good deal of autonomy in my work. I never felt like I was being micro managed. My direct manager, James Naylor, was always open and receptive to discussions. He was very appreciative of my work and had a real vision for the team. Right from day one, all the senior staff made a concerted effort to help me understand a very complex industry.

The office location in Shoreditch is fantastic, we would often go out to the nearby markets for lunch or the bars after work. Affectv has very flexible working hours. I was allowed to come in an hour early and leave an hour late, some staff did the opposite. They were also relaxed about holiday days, rather than limiting staff to a fixed number of days.

Working here was a fantastic career opportunity and enabled to transition into a senior developer.

Cons

The technology stack did seem a little over complicated, this did make it somewhat challenging to get started.
    A consequence of everyone working in one big room, meant it could sometimes get a bit loud.

Advice to Management

Make sure you keep innovating and improving the products User Interface if you want to stay ahead of the competition.

"If they didn't inspire me to start my own business I never would have left"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Affectv full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flat seniority structure which empowers and challenges all employees, growth is highly accelerated in individuals because of this.
    Rewards and promotions are based on effort and ability - a meritocratic place to work.
    Very innovative and collaborative environment, regardless of department.
    The commercial teams are passionate and extremely entrepreneurial - this environment inspired me so much that I felt the need to launch my own business because of it.
    Unlimited holiday based on performance, I simply had access to much more holiday than at a regular job.
    Private health insurance through Bupa.
    Recognition of people's achievements are always celebrated regardless of seniority and department, and the company is packed full of very talented people.
    Great additional rewards and fun company days when quarterly targets are hit, which is to senior managements credit.

Cons

The market is fiercely competitive - you always need to be on top of your game, which is demanding, but ultimately very rewarding and compensates well if you can handle it.
    It's work hard/ play hard. It can sometimes mean long hours, but that's also part of the fun if you enjoy the work.
    Product/ engineering and commercial team alignment in the past has been questionable, but this dramatically improved in the last 2 years before I left (launching a tech team specifically for client solutions was a real game changer).

Advice to Management

Management - keep thinking big and bold. In the last year the company has gone from strength to strength after overcoming a particularly challenging period, and I'm excited to see what the future holds for Affectv!

"Highly Recommend"

I worked at Affectv full-time

Pros

Affectv has changed many things in the last few months. I was in the engineering team. The team was a brand new team and has a very good culture of innovation and collaboration. They fixed the problems that existed in the old team and it is now in a much better position to produce smart and good products. The manager in the team is open to team members' opinions and very accessible. Exec team has been trying to keep the whole company updated with the direction of the company and the reasons behind it.

Very enthusiastic work environment, very friendly atmosphere, highly recommend.

Cons

The quality of cookies and snacks could be better.