Affectv Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Affectv Reviews

Updated Dec 8, 2019

3.6
Affectv Chairman and CEO Patrick Johnson (no image)
Patrick Johnson
  1. "Small company in transition"

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in London, England

I worked at Affectv full-time for more than a year

Pros

A lot to learn if you're self-motivated and autonomous. Small company so easy to get involved in other departments/projects. Growing company culture with a lot of truly lovely people.

Cons

Some senior managers/directors do not lead by example or make revenue themselves, therefore they struggle to train others how it should be done. Feedback from what is happening in market is often ignored by senior management and basic questions are ignored (e.g. what is our usp?). No recognition or reward for working overtime (across different time zones) or innovating more efficient ways of working (increasing... productivity). Communication within the UK is dominated by revenue, only employees within the commercial team are noticed and receive credit for success.

Advice to Management

Hire people who are logical problem-solvers for senior positions, not head-nodders or the UK office will never grow. Standardise the selection process, onboarding process and employee review system to strengthen the calibre of staff and reduce turnover rate.

Affectv2019-12-08
  2. "Slowly sinking. Poor Direction. High Employee Churn"

Former Employee - Director in London, England

I worked at Affectv full-time for more than a year

Pros

Monday breakfasts at WeWork offices

Cons

Bad leadership following departure of the Founder. Business does not have a product road map and has lost its way with agencies and brands. Most of the good people have left.

Advice to Management

Pivot to the US and hope you find a buyer for the business

Affectv2019-08-13
  3. "US Market in High Growth"

Current Employee - Director - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Affectv full-time for more than a year

Pros

Affectv has strong leadership and is positioned well to have continuing success here in the US. The talent is strong and takes pride in training and getting others involved. Fast paced environment where best ideas win. Always feel involved in business decisions being made at micro and macro levels. For those seeking a fun, fast paced environment where you can make a tangible difference, look no further!

Cons

Will need to work hard and smart, this won't be for those seeking a 9-5.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees and evolving the story and product as the industry evolves.

Affectv2019-01-07
  4. "Best place to work!"

I worked at Affectv full-time

Pros

Close-knit and friendly team. So much room for personal growth and development as they are expanding globally.

Cons

No cons that come to mind - overall a great company to work for!

Advice to Management

Continue to get and implement employee feedback frequently

Affectv2018-09-26

"Working at Affectv"

Former Employee - Human Resources Coordinator/Office Manager in London, England

I worked at Affectv full-time for more than a year

Pros

The team at Affectv is very supportive, the management team is very open and everything is being communicated. They've supported me throughout my career and I've learned a lot during my time at Affectv.

Cons

Office can be noisy as there's always lots going on.

Affectv2018-09-06
  6. "Innovative and full of opportunities"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in London, England

I worked at Affectv full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Affectv not only supported me through a career change and training but gave me many opportunities to be continually challenged, developing my own skills whilst being supported whenever I needed. The flat management style allows you to talk to anyone and is the best environment for learning and working as a team. I miss the buzz of the office!

Cons

Sometimes there’s too much going on in the office and you have to find somewhere else to work!

Affectv2018-08-31
  7. "Okay"

Sales Manager in London, England

I have been working at Affectv for more than a year

Pros

Good product. Nice team but was in start up mode during my time there. I'm sure things have changed since

Cons

Commission structure is below average

Affectv2018-09-04
  8. "Friendly company looking to grow"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Affectv full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people at Affectv are great, everyone will go out of their way to help anyone else. The staff are broadly quite young and full of people looking to learn from each other and grow.

Cons

For a small company sometimes things can be quite slow moving. The direction of the company is not always totally clear or adhered to when given.

Advice to Management

You already do make efforts to have open and transparent communication with staff, but it's not always as effective as it could be. It should be more regular, concise, structured and unified.

Affectv2018-02-21
  9. "Account Manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager in London, England

I worked at Affectv full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great learning environment with monthly guest speakers/business coming in to talk about the industry. Lots of learning sessions with the management team. Good process in place overall Not too big company so you get a good vibe of everyone knowing each other Lots of employees been there for a couple of years Good benefits like Unlimited holiday Trendy offices in Shoreditch Focus on building tech which is a... big positive Accommodating for clients, which is also a positive Transparency from Management/Directors to rest of the company, which was very refreshing to see and brought positive vibes to whole business as everyone knew what was going on and how the business was doing.

Cons

For me personally, AM role was a bit too commercial with big focus on growing Existing Business, however, that may suite others in the role from a more sales background. However, coming from a more techy side realized did not enjoy the more sales/commercial side of the role Also during my initial weeks there were a few changes at the time for the business and AM team, so did not get a chance to connect with the... people/company as much, as it was a very busy time for everyone. However, all of these are more personal rather than negative reflections and someone else coming in may have seen these as positives.

Advice to Management

Doing great with teaching new employees and hiring lots of grads to build them up within the business. Really liked the transparency within the business and openness.

Affectv2017-02-26

"Truly Agile"

Former Employee - Front End Developer

I worked at Affectv full-time

Pros

There was an exciting buzz to work at Affectv. This was the first time I have worked in a properly Agile team. The lead engineer, Jordi Garcia, was a brilliant Scrum Master and mentored me in best software practices. We were constantly improving our methods and regularly putting out new releases. The company had a very flat structure, which led to a good deal of autonomy in my work. I never felt like I was being... micro managed. My direct manager, James Naylor, was always open and receptive to discussions. He was very appreciative of my work and had a real vision for the team. Right from day one, all the senior staff made a concerted effort to help me understand a very complex industry. The office location in Shoreditch is fantastic, we would often go out to the nearby markets for lunch or the bars after work. Affectv has very flexible working hours. I was allowed to come in an hour early and leave an hour late, some staff did the opposite. They were also relaxed about holiday days, rather than limiting staff to a fixed number of days. Working here was a fantastic career opportunity and enabled to transition into a senior developer.

Cons

The technology stack did seem a little over complicated, this did make it somewhat challenging to get started. A consequence of everyone working in one big room, meant it could sometimes get a bit loud.

Advice to Management

Make sure you keep innovating and improving the products User Interface if you want to stay ahead of the competition.

Affectv2017-01-27