Airbnb Recruiting Coordinator Reviews

1. "Good place to work"

4.0
    Former Employee - Recruiting Operations Coordinator in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Airbnb full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great teamwork, culture and benefits

Cons

middle management needs reevaluation and reprioritizing

2. "Great Value-driven Workplace"

Current Contractor - Recruiting Coordinator in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Airbnb for more than a year

Pros

People really uphold a high bar for issues around diversity, identity, being humane, and inclusion.

Cons

Some business decisions feel uncertain - it is unclear how contractors are valued and utilized.

Continue reading

"One of the most collaborative, innovative, and exciting places to work!"

Recruiting Coordinator in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Airbnb

Pros

Open-minded workplace with a deep sense of humility and passion. Strong set of core value that promote a generally positive work atmosphere. Upper management is very mindful of long-term growth and development. The food program is unrivaled and very well balanced. Every meal is made in-house with a variety of options (ie vegetarian, gluten-free, etc). Difference is truly embraced and celebrated here.

Cons

Growth in this company is incredibly fast, scaling at this pace can sometimes be a challenge for management.

"A Passionate, Committed & Inspiring Family!"

Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Singapore

I have been working at Airbnb full-time

Pros

It is one of the few companies out there who truly cares about the development of not just itself as a company but its culture and most importantly, its people. The founders and executive staff understand this and always have the culture and its people at the forefront of their minds. The commitment our employees here have to their work is truly inspiring and the encouragement you get from all your peers also drives and motivates you.

Cons

It is a young company and it is learning as it grows. There will always be teething problems and discrepancies when operating globally but more could be done to strengthen and empower the regions. It is a fast moving company in which we are constantly running and often times, it means learning on the ground which is overwhelming. Personally, I enjoy the learning curve and the challenges but the biggest pillar in this evolving environment was knowing that I have a supportive team behind me, ready and willing to support me.

Continue reading

"A Business with a LOT of heart and soul"

I have been working at Airbnb full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. You can bring your whole self to work 2. Everyone is extremely respectful, I have never seen so many people hold the door for each other. 3. Gaining work/life balance is encouraged (part of my personal OKRs set by my manager) 4. Culture is at the forefront of everyone in senior management's mind. Making this a place that is not only profitable but they want you to be able to grow as a person and in your career. 5. No matter how crazy my day is, there is an INCREDIBLE support system in my coworkers to help me through the day. There isn't a feeling of competition between peers the way that it can be at other companies

Cons

1. Feedback can be hard for people to give. It's important to establish you can handle constructive feedback in the beginning.

"Good place for career development"

4.0
    Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Airbnb full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of autonomy in your work. Lots of room for career improvement.

Cons

Because the office is so young it can at times feel like a bit of a popularity contest.

"Great Culture/Awesome Management"

I have been working at Airbnb full-time for less than a year

Pros

Transparency, Thoughtful Team Building, Health Care, Office Space, Office Culture Events

Cons

Getting bigger but thats only a con for me because I like to know everyone :)

Continue reading

"Join the cult and give up any free time in your life."

2.0
    Former Contractor - Recruiting Coordinator in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Airbnb for less than a year

Pros

The office was great. The fact that lunch, snacks, coffee, water were provided was a big bonus.

Cons

Very young office, it often felt like some kind of popularity contest. A lot of big egos around. Their recruitment process is so intense and they make people go though so many interviews, you would think that the most up-standing people work there. One of the things they interview you on is your "core values" which have to match that of the company. The top "core value" is to "be a host". In other words, be warm and welcoming, be a team player, and basically convey what your company is selling: hospitality. Well most of the people I worked with there were the exact opposite of this! I felt like I was in the movie Mean Girls every day. The hours we had to work were beyond ridiculous and excessive and having any kind of family or personal life is very difficult outside of work. A lot of the time it feels like a lot of very young people just running around not knowing what they are really doing, pretending to be important with their meetings and high-fives. This company also wastes an enormous amount of money on stuff I think is so unnecessary, like excessive alcohol for employee happy hours, sweets, cakes, and other things like that. There are people who have very weird job titles, and it is not really clear what they do other than walk around the office pretending to be busy and important. It's nice to have but then when you think of the cost of it, you'd think you'd rather have that going into your paycheck.

Continue reading
  9. "An exciting ride, definitely going places!!!"

I have been working at Airbnb full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working for Airbnb is challenging, stimulating, and makes you feel like you are a part of something that is growing and changing every day, constantly evolving and moving forward. I love that! My team is incredibly supportive of one another, and takes the time to both provide helpful/constructive feedback, and also genuine appreciation/recognition on a regular basis. The perks/benefits/food are wonderful, and I also love the physical office space: can't believe I get to go there every day! Basically, this company gives you the opportunity to have a real voice and a real impact, no matter what your job title. Airbnb has also been intentional and careful about maintaining it's unique culture, and hiring people that are not only technically very skilled, but are also good human beings all around.

Cons

At least on my team, we are still working out the kinks in our processes and trying to keep up with the rapid growth. Things that used to work on a smaller scale have become a bit unwieldy, and so on top of our regular work, we are trying to update our workflow/processes. Sometimes I just wish there were more hours in the day! On the other hand, this gives us an opportunity to have a real impact on the way the department operates, which is cool!

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 9 reviews