Airbnb Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

3.8
Airbnb CEO & Co-Founder Brian Chesky
Brian Chesky

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Airbnb offers an amazing Work/Life balance with amazing benefits" (in 29 reviews)

• "500 in Airbnb credits per quarter, free food (breakfast/lunch/dinner), and all the cool Silicon Valley perks" (in 38 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance depends on how badly you want to succeed/advance" (in 57 reviews)

• "Some growing pains around organizational grown" (in 31 reviews)

1. "Company"

Pros

Good work life balance ,salary,enviourment

Cons

nothing i know,cab, cafeteria

2. "Dont join in Tcs eserve Join tcs corporate"

I have been working at Airbnb full-time

Pros

Big company but selfish and buttering people..

Cons

Best place for those who grow by buttering..

Advice to Management

Chuk out buttering people from front end and management

3. "Supply Quality Analyst"

Pros

Good salary and perks etc

Cons

Not very well defined role

4. "Good place"

Pros

Culture, Product, Team, Structure, Environment

Cons

None as such. It's a good place to work.

"Please dont work for the India Operations. Too much company culture and lack of/ no direction."

Former Employee - In-market Host Acquisition Specialist in Mumbai

I worked at Airbnb (Less than a year)

Pros

Very few pros I can think of, apart from a very supportive group of immediate co-workers.

Cons

when the senior-management had stated a parameter of quality Airbnb accommodations, without knowing how much of the said accommodations exist in the market, unrealistic targets were doled out to contractors, which were very very hard to achieve.
    No specifics were provided in terms of quality.
    There was a budget provided for educating potential hosts about how to use Airbnb, but since it is supposed to be a community-oriented platform and as such, communities interact periodically, this budget was used sparingly, and barely one meetup was organised, when in fact there was a need of atleast 2 meetups a month. But such ideas were always shot down citing budgets and lack of achieving the objective. The objective which somehow changed during every planning session.
    The micromanagement, and the doublespeak in terms of acquiring new hosts was demotivating. It is as if the independence that was promised at the beginning of the job was not there at all.
    If you are a contractor here, you are going to be a contractor only.

Advice to Management

Please don't treat contractors like they are slaves. Please try to understand the market before you hold contractors responsible for performance. You should think twice before firing people who really want to be a part of making Airbnb big in India, but cannot do so because the kind of controlling tactics and target-achieving strategies employed by a few people in the Gurgaon office are suffocating.

"Distinct lack of Airbnb culture, way too much politics. India ops done messed up."

Former Employee - Host Acquisition Specialist in Mumbai
    Former Employee - Host Acquisition Specialist in Mumbai

I worked at Airbnb full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a cool brand to work for.

The business model and the company story are very inspiring.

Some benefits and a pretty flexible and chilled out job.

Cons

- Airbnb is a great company and a great product but the brittle company culture in India will be the end of it.
    - Culture trickles down and dies at the middle management levels which is a disgrace for a company that claims to take its employee happiness and culture so seriously.
    - Chronic micromanagement.
    - You're learning very few tangible skills that will can be applied to other jobs.
    - Don't join on contract. Period.
    - Looks good on the CV but not worth the struggle of reporting to managers who shouldn't be there in the first place.
    - Pretty superficial work.

Advice to Management

Know what the company stands for, how you want to do things in a market and and hire senior management people accordingly.
    The contractors are the ones who are executing all your plans on the ground so it only makes sense to not treat them like slaves.
    You are not saving the world, please take yourselves a little less seriously.

"Worst Company to work for, Period."

Former Employee - In-market Host Acquisition Specialist in Mumbai

I worked at Airbnb (Less than a year)

Pros

None Whatsoever. I tried. None Whatsoever. I tried. None Whatsoever. I tried. None Whatsoever. I tried.

Cons

I would run out of space typing this out but here goes.

1. No one and i mean no one has decent communication skills. Infact emails are sent out in abbreviation format. Like for is 4 and you is "u* and i could go one forever.
    2. When they hire you on contract, they think they own your soul. From making WhatsApp Groups to hounding you on email with what i call terrible grammar, it's miserable to be working here. I mean why micromanage in this day and age?
    3. Not only do they not think it necessary to tell you that they shall not be retaining you after your contract ends. They also do not think it common courtesy to inform you at least 15 days in advance. So much for their Ethics that they keep subscribing to. Pfft!
    4. How do they expect you to be good at your job when they themselves lack the ability and understanding of how to do so? HR, i really thought you guys were smart. I mean c'mon!
    5. A $100 coupon will never make up the hurt and treatment you dished out. No sum of a coupon shall do so.

Advice to Management

Before you fire people, get to know them a little. Make the effort to listen to people. Don't listen to a few and then make up your mind. Get a few Supply Managers who have decent diction and can type emails minus the terrible abbreviations. Don't think you know best cause of the designation or title you hold. You do not know what's going on in one market sitting in Gurgaon and neither will any one apart from the person actually physically present there. Don't try and emphasize how important your ethics are when your payroll employees only don't follow the same. For the moolah you're dishing out, you could do a lot better! You could have been so amazing instead, you make people write abysmal reviews like this for the world to see. It's a sad sad sad state of affairs at Airbnb India and no one seems to want to do anything about it!

"Quality analyst"

Pros

Good environment. Young enthusiastic employees. Work life balance,the company lets u travel, sends you to locations. Good job for people who like to travel and explore.

Cons

The job title and the work under it don't exactly match. As a quality analyst you would mostly be doing calling and checking on the users.

"Amazing Company to work with."

Pros

I have recently joined Airbnb and its been an exciting time. One of the best reasons to work here is the culture. The team is amazing and they all go out of their way to ensure I feel like I belong. That I am part of the Airbnb family. The office setup is so different and amazing. I would recommend Airbnb to anyone who thrives on excitement and change. Its an amazing company to be a part of.

Cons

Nothing I can think of. I love it here.

"Amazing company.. Awesome culture"

Current Employee - Supply Specialist in New Delhi
    Current Employee - Supply Specialist in New Delhi

I have been working at Airbnb full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A lot and I mean a lot of companies talk about culture but Airbnb is a place where you get to see and feel it in reality. Its just been 3 days of me being here and it just feels like- 'THE PLACE' to work for

You get to work with one of the best talents across the world and the interaction with international teams is quite often and meaningful

Cons

Cant think of any.. except that there are doing a lot of things at the same time. So the progress of one's project does may depend a lot on how much focus the Senior Management has for it

Advice to Management

Just be the way you are.. Awesome..