Alacrity Solutions Employee Reviews about "adjusters"

Updated 11 Jul 2019

3.5
Alacrity Solutions Chief Executive Officer Jim Pearl (no image)
Jim Pearl
Pros
  • "Great pay and allows you to obtain the experience needed to advance in the field of insurance claims(in 20 reviews)

• "Good pay and flexible working hours(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "Company adjusters treated much better than independent(in 13 reviews)

• "At beginning of deployment they just need bodies, and bad adjusters make same amount of money as good adjusters(in 13 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "adjusters"

Return to all Reviews

"Be Prepared to be stressed"

Former Employee - Independent Claims Adjuster in Irving, TX
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Alacrity Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

A couple of years ago I had a good view of this company but the new management changed my entire perspective.

Cons

There is a lot of micro managing and petty behavior from management on some assignments. They don't hire competent trainers to help you with basic job duties and open door policy is non-existent. They have no concern for your overall well being and basically have the mentality to break you all the way down to build you up. There are a lot of people who left this company and with good reason. You can't voice any concerns without suffering the consequences of being released (even anonymous) because a co-worker actually got release because of it. Management is close friends with adjusters and basically gossip and judge people. Overall I would not go back to this company for anything in the world.

2. "Desk adjuster"

Former Contractor - Desk Adjuster in Irving, TX

I worked at Alacrity Solutions for more than a year

Pros

Good training programs to get into the career. You'll keep working if you are good.

Cons

At beginning of deployment they just need bodies, and bad adjusters make same amount of money as good adjusters. Kind of disheartening when you are working hard next to someone that doesn't really care.

"Independent Claims Adjuster"

Current Contractor - Independent Claims Adjuster in Houston, TX

I have been working at Alacrity Solutions for more than a year

Pros

You get paid a fairly decent amount of money.

Cons

No benefits. Constant rush to hurry up and wait. Company adjusters treated much better than independent adjusters. Constant change in management expectation from site to site so no clear way to ever know if you’re “doing your job properly”.

"Steer clear"

Current Employee - Adjuster in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Alacrity Solutions full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good pay when there's work

Cons

Micro management Inconsistent processes Do not care about their adjusters Management uses threatening tactics to force their will on adjusters Sinking ship, its quite obvious when they have three senior officers in the company quit within six months of each other.

"Claims Adjuster"

Current Employee - Independent Adjuster in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Alacrity Solutions full-time

Pros

Training to transition new adjusters into the industry while obtaining certifications and licenses. Unit Managers and Trainers Pay is competitive and higher than most IAs in the industry

Cons

No advances for adjusters who are new and going on deployment for first time. (You have to pay your own way until receiving first check) Bi-weekly pay is (ok) but weekly would benefit adjusters paying upfront costs

Continue reading

"Doesn't care about employees"

Former Contractor - Trainer

I worked at Alacrity Solutions for more than 5 years

Pros

Money is decent but they pay lower than other adjusting firms and job opportunities are readily available. They tell you to not talk to certain management people especially during the bp oil spill project. They act very snobby to new adjusters.

Cons

They have incompetent people in leadership roles who don't even know how to do the job the insurance companies are requiring adjusters to do, mainly in non catastrophe work. They are good at giving criticism but they don't want to listen if you have a problem.

Continue reading

"Worley has been good for me"

5.0
    Current Employee - Independent Insurance Adjuster in Mandeville, LA

I have been working at Alacrity Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Taking my first assignment with Worley 7 years ago was the biggest leap of faith that I have ever taken, but it continues to pay off. I am fortunate to have made Worley my home and have not had to sign up with other firms. I am not saying that everything has been easy, it has taken financial investment, hard work, dedication, and patience. Even before my first assignment, I took advantage of training offered by Worley. This training set me up for success on my first deployment. I continued to take advantage of additional training offered by Worley to have more opportunities. Throughout my career, I've been fortunate to have managers and trainers who supported, and encouraged my career development.

Cons

Worley is going through lots of changes. Change is not easy for anyone. Unfortunately, as you talk to other adjusters, you can hear lots of negative opinions. The nature of the industry is lots of time on the road.

July 26, 2015

I agree one of the areas that has suffered the most is communication. It is probably the area with the most complaints and the area we consistently strive to improve. We are currently linking newer technologies across the company, so that we can provide consistent communication across the company in a timely manner. Allen Carpenter President / COO Worley

8. "Outstanding Training - Management Resources"

I have been working at Alacrity Solutions full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Over the 10 years that I have been with this company, Worley has implemented many key elements that help contribute to an adjusters' success in the business. Their training facility and curriculum continuously offers adjusters advanced learning opportunities to increase their skill sets and likelihood of being deployed. Among programs that reward loyalty and acknowledge outstanding work by individual adjusters - the management team provides resources, leadership, mentoring and support for adjusters at every stage of their career.

Cons

The industry is very fluid and you must be able to adapt to the constant changes and demands. In most cases, your livelihood literally depends on the weather - you must be able to manage your funds in the "off" seasons and be road ready when storms hit. Balancing your personal/family life between your professional life requires the utmost dedication, some sacrifice and plenty of logistical forethought. The initial investment on a deployment can be deterring as you will have to obtain licenses, training, equipment, reliable transportation, hotels etc. You must be a self-starter, Worley provides a multitude of resources for training and networking but you need to have drive, motivation and courage. Large events can be stressful, demanding and overwhelming to new adjusters - prepare as much as possible prior to being deployed to reap the maximum benefits of this career.

July 26, 2015

First, I appreciate the dedication to our company. Second, thank you for the encouragement. We will continue to look for opportunities to diversify our business to provide increased opportunities for our employees. Allen Carpenter President / COO Worley

"Great place to start a career"

2.0
    Independent Adjuster in Irving, TX

I have been working at Alacrity Solutions

Pros

Worley is a great company for a new adjuster. They will deploy you and teach you to navigate through a claim from start to finish.

Cons

Unfortunately, this will be my last deployment with Worley. The decision to cut pay for zone work, to satisfy investors is unacceptable. Worley is going to lose many experienced adjusters in October when our current contract ends. It has already happened in Indiana.

June 29, 2015Human Resources Manager

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review and that you see the merits of our philosophy of managing our employees to success. Employee development is critical to the Company’s competitive advantage and success in the ever-changing industry. Through management and leadership, we provide the support, guidance and resources to help employees succeed. It is unfortunate that you (and possibly others) are making decisions based on misinformation. In years past, adjusters in this industry have always considered themselves "Independent Contractors”; one who can offer their services to adjusting firms in shorts stints (hopefully several times a year) as an independent contractor (1099). The industry is changing. Some changes are driven by the industry and clients, while others are a result of state and federal labor regulations. Clients are requiring that staff provided by firms are employees of the firm and the tasks completed by firm employees have been segmented, both changing how firms can classify positions. Some firms have made the decisions not to follow the requests made by clients and state and federal entities. We have chosen to properly classify employees to comply with the industry, clients, state and federal requirements. Worley has chosen not to follow the pack; but to lead our industry through this change. Decisions being made have nothing to do with investors, but are a result of the reasons listed above, the Department of Labor (DOL) and the implementation of the Affordable Care Act (ACA). The ACA specifically addresses the issue of offsetting compensation in lieu of acceptance of company sponsored benefits and prohibits adjusting compensation. The DOL impacts on the changes within our industry are significant. We no longer use Independent Contractors, we employ individuals as an “at will” employee. Contrary to the rumors, our goal has not been to arbitrarily cut wages to increase profits. Instead of the historical across the board approach to wages, we now set total compensation packages. Employee compensation is much more than just the direct amount that an employer pays an employee. Total compensation includes financial and non-financial benefits. Each position within the organization undergoes a complete job analysis and evaluation. Through the evaluation, a total compensation package is created based on many factors including: experience and education, position requirements and responsibilities, location and anticipated length of assignment. Financial benefits included in compensation packages are wages, paid time off*, employee discount programs and health/dental/vision benefits*. Non-financial benefit offerings include effective leadership and coaching through low management to employee ratios and career development through opportunities for advancement, training/coaching and recognition/feedback. In every instance where an hourly wage has been reduced; other benefits have been added to increase the overall value of the compensation package. Additionally, we are diversifying our business to allow for increased work opportunities for our workforce. I understand the feeling of "We didn't ask for the benefits, we want the money". As the Chief Operating Officer, I will always work to find ways to provide a quality, competitive work environment for our employees within the confines of the law. I will not misclassify employees simply to try and gain favor and increase revenues. Contrary to popular belief, misclassifying employees provides more financial benefit to firms by way of reducing tax liability and avoiding the ACA requirements. I sincerely hope that you reconsider your decision. If not, I wish you well in your continued development within the industry. If you would like to discuss in more detail, please call the Home Office and leave a message for me. I will call you back. Allen Carpenter President / COO

"For those willing to work and have a positive attitude, it is a great place to work."

5.0
    Current Employee - Catastrophe Adjuster

I have been working at Alacrity Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Income potential is very strong. The firm rewards hardworking loyal adjusters, and does its best to ensure you are successful. However, if you have a poor attitude, they will not have the patience for you, which I believe is a good thing. I started with them four years ago, and have never asked 'why?', but have had to ask 'how?' On occasion, and have always gotten an answer. Senior management is very strong and supportive, most of the field managers are also strong and supportive as well.

Cons

Communication from management to the field reps needs improvement. The nature of this business requires that people be away for months at a time from their family and friends, this is not a fault of Worley, it is the same for all catastrophe adjusters, but anyone looking into this as a career needs to know this going into it.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 13 English Reviews