Alacrity Solutions Employee Reviews about "deployment"

Updated 25 Oct 2018

3.5
Alacrity Solutions Chief Executive Officer Jim Pearl (no image)
Jim Pearl
Pros
  • "Great pay and allows you to obtain the experience needed to advance in the field of insurance claims(in 20 reviews)

• "Good pay and flexible working hours(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "Company adjusters treated much better than independent(in 13 reviews)

• "At beginning of deployment they just need bodies, and bad adjusters make same amount of money as good adjusters(in 13 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "deployment"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Desk adjuster"

Former Contractor - Desk Adjuster in Irving, TX

I worked at Alacrity Solutions for more than a year

Pros

Good training programs to get into the career. You'll keep working if you are good.

Cons

At beginning of deployment they just need bodies, and bad adjusters make same amount of money as good adjusters. Kind of disheartening when you are working hard next to someone that doesn't really care.

"Independent Adjuster"

Adjuster in McKinney, TX

I have been working at Alacrity Solutions for less than a year

Pros

Awesome pay and employees are great

Cons

Need more time on deployment

3. "Independent Adjuster"

Current Contractor - Independent Adjuster in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Alacrity Solutions for less than a year

Pros

On the job Training, free State Farm certification, Trainers and management, great hands on learning environment, great pay. Worley has surpassed my expectations being a new adjuster entering the industry. I traveled to Dallas for State Farm certification and my instructor who is a Worley vet J.P. literally taught me all that I know about property fire claims. His teaching style accommodates all students and if you are lucky to have him train you through getting SF certified, you are in good hands and will learn a lot. Management and hands on training truly teach you what you need to know to be successful while on deployment. The pay is higher than most IA firms in the industry. They have streamlined their process to make transitioning into adjusting smoother for vets and new adjusters alike. I would recommend if you are in the industry, you should sign up with Worley first and invest in licensing.

Cons

no advances available for deployment,bi-weekly pay. Health benefits ok for IA. I have no other cons to be honest,great firm

Continue reading

"Very difficult to deal with, not worth the time or money unless you are already an experienced adjuster"

1.0

I have been working at Alacrity Solutions

Pros

None so far, I am still waiting to hear from anyone at the company on what should do after being hired back in May 2016 (its now almost September)

Cons

The offer you a lot of training opportunities that you have to pa for but no real answers on how to get assigned to a deployment or help you get staffed. There is very little communication from the leadership even if you send them emails directly. I have followed the advice I ws given concerning licensing and it seems like no one will respond to emails about what the next step is for me. The hiring process consists of an application online, a profile test and then poof you are hired despite never talking to anyone in person or on the phone. You are then required to attend an orientation where you may have to drive a good distance (mine was in Charlotte, NC) at you own expense without reimbursement etc. They also do not pay you for the time you are in orientation, reimburse you for your state licenses or pay you for our time in any of the training classes. Even though you are an "employee", they still treat you like a 1099 contractor.

September 6, 2016

First, I’m sorry your experience has not met your expectations. Next, I would like to clear up a few misconceptions. If you submitted an application and attended an orientation then you are in our system as an eligible, seasonal W-2 candidate. You do not actually become an employee until you accept an assignment and an offer of employment is extended. At that time (and for the duration of the assignment) you are eligible for the opportunities associated with employee status. Due to the seasonal W-2 relationship, we only pay for training during the time that individuals are actually on assignment. Yes, you are encouraged to seek additional training, increase licensing and gain certifications…all of which increase your qualifications for deployment opportunities regardless of which company contacts you for work. Lastly, orientations are offered at locations around the country. We are not able to meet everyone’s specific preferences; but we try to place focus in areas accessible to the largest groups of applicants. In order to improve your communication with our company, I invite you to call the Corporate Operations Office in Hammond and leave a message for me. I will call you back. Allen Carpenter President / Chief Operating Officer

"Claims Adjuster"

Current Employee - Independent Adjuster in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Alacrity Solutions full-time

Pros

Training to transition new adjusters into the industry while obtaining certifications and licenses. Unit Managers and Trainers Pay is competitive and higher than most IAs in the industry

Cons

No advances for adjusters who are new and going on deployment for first time. (You have to pay your own way until receiving first check) Bi-weekly pay is (ok) but weekly would benefit adjusters paying upfront costs

"Independent Adjuster"

Independent Adjuster in Irving, TX

I have been working at Alacrity Solutions

Pros

Handling catastrophe claims for State Farm. The assignments could last a month or up to a year.

Cons

Down falls, were not being around your family. Deployment to various states for a month up to 1 year.

"Awesome job"

Current Employee - Loss Intake in Irving, TX

I have been working at Alacrity Solutions full-time

Pros

I love working here so far. It's my 3rd day at the Las Colinas center and it's better than the previous call centers I've worked at. For the most part, people here are respectful and the culture is pretty laid-back. My schedule is awesome (weekends off), but this does depend upon company's needs.

Cons

Training was one day and I feel like important topics weren't covered (then again, I'm personally more of a hands-on learner. Deployment also ook forever, but that is just how the insurance industry operates. :)

"Worley World"

Current Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Farmers Branch, TX

I have been working at Alacrity Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have worked for Worley for almost 3 years, I really like how they like to hire and promote within the company. I started at the call center in Las Colinas as a CSR and worked my way up to an HR Specialist. I have really enjoyed my time here and plan on continuing my employment here for many more years to come.

Cons

I would have to say that one of the cons working for Worley is sometimes the wait for a deployment can be a lengthy wait. However, I do understand that it's just the nature of the business.

July 26, 2015

It is always great to hear from satisfied employees. I’m glad that you have been able to capitalize on hard work and opportunity. Thank you for all you do for our company. HR is the backbone of our growth. Allen Carpenter President / COO Worley

9. "Outstanding Training - Management Resources"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Alacrity Solutions full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Over the 10 years that I have been with this company, Worley has implemented many key elements that help contribute to an adjusters' success in the business. Their training facility and curriculum continuously offers adjusters advanced learning opportunities to increase their skill sets and likelihood of being deployed. Among programs that reward loyalty and acknowledge outstanding work by individual adjusters - the management team provides resources, leadership, mentoring and support for adjusters at every stage of their career.

Cons

The industry is very fluid and you must be able to adapt to the constant changes and demands. In most cases, your livelihood literally depends on the weather - you must be able to manage your funds in the "off" seasons and be road ready when storms hit. Balancing your personal/family life between your professional life requires the utmost dedication, some sacrifice and plenty of logistical forethought. The initial investment on a deployment can be deterring as you will have to obtain licenses, training, equipment, reliable transportation, hotels etc. You must be a self-starter, Worley provides a multitude of resources for training and networking but you need to have drive, motivation and courage. Large events can be stressful, demanding and overwhelming to new adjusters - prepare as much as possible prior to being deployed to reap the maximum benefits of this career.

July 26, 2015

First, I appreciate the dedication to our company. Second, thank you for the encouragement. We will continue to look for opportunities to diversify our business to provide increased opportunities for our employees. Allen Carpenter President / COO Worley

"Great place to start a career"

2.0
    Independent Adjuster in Irving, TX

I have been working at Alacrity Solutions

Pros

Worley is a great company for a new adjuster. They will deploy you and teach you to navigate through a claim from start to finish.

Cons

Unfortunately, this will be my last deployment with Worley. The decision to cut pay for zone work, to satisfy investors is unacceptable. Worley is going to lose many experienced adjusters in October when our current contract ends. It has already happened in Indiana.

June 29, 2015Human Resources Manager

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review and that you see the merits of our philosophy of managing our employees to success. Employee development is critical to the Company’s competitive advantage and success in the ever-changing industry. Through management and leadership, we provide the support, guidance and resources to help employees succeed. It is unfortunate that you (and possibly others) are making decisions based on misinformation. In years past, adjusters in this industry have always considered themselves "Independent Contractors”; one who can offer their services to adjusting firms in shorts stints (hopefully several times a year) as an independent contractor (1099). The industry is changing. Some changes are driven by the industry and clients, while others are a result of state and federal labor regulations. Clients are requiring that staff provided by firms are employees of the firm and the tasks completed by firm employees have been segmented, both changing how firms can classify positions. Some firms have made the decisions not to follow the requests made by clients and state and federal entities. We have chosen to properly classify employees to comply with the industry, clients, state and federal requirements. Worley has chosen not to follow the pack; but to lead our industry through this change. Decisions being made have nothing to do with investors, but are a result of the reasons listed above, the Department of Labor (DOL) and the implementation of the Affordable Care Act (ACA). The ACA specifically addresses the issue of offsetting compensation in lieu of acceptance of company sponsored benefits and prohibits adjusting compensation. The DOL impacts on the changes within our industry are significant. We no longer use Independent Contractors, we employ individuals as an “at will” employee. Contrary to the rumors, our goal has not been to arbitrarily cut wages to increase profits. Instead of the historical across the board approach to wages, we now set total compensation packages. Employee compensation is much more than just the direct amount that an employer pays an employee. Total compensation includes financial and non-financial benefits. Each position within the organization undergoes a complete job analysis and evaluation. Through the evaluation, a total compensation package is created based on many factors including: experience and education, position requirements and responsibilities, location and anticipated length of assignment. Financial benefits included in compensation packages are wages, paid time off*, employee discount programs and health/dental/vision benefits*. Non-financial benefit offerings include effective leadership and coaching through low management to employee ratios and career development through opportunities for advancement, training/coaching and recognition/feedback. In every instance where an hourly wage has been reduced; other benefits have been added to increase the overall value of the compensation package. Additionally, we are diversifying our business to allow for increased work opportunities for our workforce. I understand the feeling of "We didn't ask for the benefits, we want the money". As the Chief Operating Officer, I will always work to find ways to provide a quality, competitive work environment for our employees within the confines of the law. I will not misclassify employees simply to try and gain favor and increase revenues. Contrary to popular belief, misclassifying employees provides more financial benefit to firms by way of reducing tax liability and avoiding the ACA requirements. I sincerely hope that you reconsider your decision. If not, I wish you well in your continued development within the industry. If you would like to discuss in more detail, please call the Home Office and leave a message for me. I will call you back. Allen Carpenter President / COO

Viewing 1 - 10 of 13 English Reviews