Allegiant Travel Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Allegiant Travel Reviews

Updated Dec 5, 2019

4.4
Allegiant Travel CEO Maury Gallagher Jr.
Maury Gallagher Jr.
Pros
  • "The flight benefits are incredible(in 48 reviews)

• "Only turns so we are home every night unless something unforeseen such as weather or mechanical issue occurs(in 40 reviews)

Cons
  • "As with any airline the delays can be hard on you if you already have a long day(in 49 reviews)

• "As Flight Attendants, we are expected to pick up trash and cross seatbelts during quick turns(in 31 reviews)

1. "Love my job!"

Current Employee - Charter Representative in Hebron, KY

I have been working at Allegiant Travel part-time for less than a year

Pros

Travel, travel, travel! Growing company, progressive ideas

Cons

So far, none! Thoroughly enjoy what I do!

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Allegiant Travel2019-12-01
  2. "GREAT JOB"

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Allegiant Travel full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits health and flying , good starting pay and it’s a fun and exciting job. Your home every night

Cons

Your on reserve for a longtime

Allegiant Travel2019-11-30

"Allegiant Flight Attendant"

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Allegiant Travel full-time for more than a year

Pros

Outstanding quality of life - No planned overnights in most bases. 15+ Bases across the US to choose from Pleasant working environment. Company paid hotel accommodation during training Company paid uniforms Great benefits

Cons

Reserve rules are not great.

Advice to Management

It will be nice if the Reserve rules can be brought in line with Industry standards.

Allegiant Travel2019-11-21
  4. "AWESOME WORK PLACE"

Current Employee - Material Planning Analyst in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Allegiant Travel full-time for less than a year

Pros

EFFICIENT WORKPLACE, WITH GREAT TEAM MANANGEMENT

Cons

Nothing to really say, stay awesome

Advice to Management

kudos on all The work that you do to keep Allegiant air to the current standard

Allegiant Travel2019-11-22

"Amazing Company - A Diamond in the Rough"

Current Employee - Flight Attendant

I have been working at Allegiant Travel full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been with Allegiant for almost 2 years now as a commuting Flight Attendant. I've seen so many positive changes in the company such us getting more Airbuses, routes, and new bases in a short period. Allegiant is growing fast and the company is becoming more customer and employee-centric while increasing profits. We are one of the most profitable airlines in the world. This is the best time to get in with the... company. Allegiant is big on communication and the company keeps us informed of changes within the company via email, Allegiant On Air podcasts, and quarterly town hall meetings. As a commuting Flight Attendant with Allegiant, my first year was rough since I couldn't hold the days off that I wanted to fly back home since I'm a commuter. Besides, the first-year for me was challenging starting at $22.25 per flight hours. Once I hit my second year, I was making $29.04 per flight hours which is a huge jump in pay compared to many US-based carriers. As I rose in seniority, I can hold the days off that I want to commute home and I can pick up more trips on my day off which is paid above my guaranteed 75 hours a month. If you work over 96 hours a month or more, the pay gets even better where you're making close to or above $40-$60 per flight hours depending on your pay rate. We don't do layovers unless we have mechanical issues and rest-related restrictions. If we do overnights, Allegiant puts us in nice hotels. We get profit-sharing checks in February and August of each year. As a Flight Attendant, we have a union contract that protects us. We have four different types of health insurance plans that can fit our budget and needs. Awesome Dental benefits as well as other nice benefits. Allegiant has a great Fatigue Risk Management Plan in place for us flight attendants. Allegiant matches up to 5% of our 401ks. We have various bases throughout the country and I don't feel like I'm a number here at Allegiant. In October of each year, we celebrate Breast Cancer Awareness month and we get to wear jeans and a company approved pink shirt which is very unique in the airline industry. We have ovens on our aircraft which means we can still eat warm healthy meals vs. expensive airport food. We are provided crew waters which are a plus. Amazing work-life balance. This is an amazing company!

Cons

Not all that glitters is gold, but the pros of working at Allegiant outways the cons. However, some of the cons of working at Allegiant are working long hours on the aircraft. Sometimes, we can work up to 16 hours on the aircraft depending on if we have mechanical or weather-related issues. We are a budget airline so we come across customers from various walks of life and sometimes they can be rude, mean, and... non-compliant. We do two to four legs on a given day with quick turns which can burn you out very fast. We don't have cleaning crews so sometimes the aircraft get dirty with food particles on the floor. As Flight Attendants, we are expected to pick up trash and cross seatbelts during quick turns. Some of our aircraft interiors need to be remodeled to have a modern look.

Advice to Management

Keep up the hard work. Continue to listen to both the passengers and the employees.

Allegiant Travel2019-10-23
  6. "Its a good start tp build your confidedence"

Current Employee - Flight Attendant

I have been working at Allegiant Travel full-time for more than a year

Pros

you come home everyday unless weather or maintenance permits it.

Cons

you wont have them experience of traveling international. maybe in the future as the company grows.

Allegiant Travel2019-12-06
  7. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Mechanic

I have been working at Allegiant Travel full-time for less than a year

Pros

I really enjoy working for this company. The training that you receive is really good and worth the time.

Cons

Really need to look into helping the smaller bases more. There is a lot of unsafe practices that I hear is the norm just because they are smaller bases. Example would be there should be two mechanics on shift at all times for safety reason. Other than that there is no other complaints.

Advice to Management

Please look into allowing the bases to hire enough mechanic to have two mechanics on every shift.

Allegiant Travel2019-11-20
  8. "No Room for Growth or Advancement"

Former Employee - Marketing

I worked at Allegiant Travel full-time

Pros

Work -Life Balance, Relaxed Environment

Cons

Nepotism, Favoritism, Unless you are a part of the regime that has been working there for a long time, You will not advance.

Advice to Management

The data is massaged to fit the story you want to hear. There is a culture of elitism that continues to generate turnover through out the company.

Allegiant Travel2019-12-05
  9. "Excellent Company!"

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Allegiant Travel full-time for less than a year

Pros

Allegiant is honorably dedicated to providing the best travel experience for their customers, as well as deeply caring for and striving to provide an outstanding work environment for their employees. The company benefits to include medical, retirement and various other compensation plans are outstanding. Furthermore, Allegiant's company culture is excellent; inclusive and decisively warm and caring with... encouragement to further advance in personal and career growth within the company.

Cons

There are no cons. Allegiant is outstanding!

Advice to Management

It is clear that you work hard to excel in every facet of growth. I am thankful I get to work in the field I love. Thank you for making it so wonderful to be a part of the Allegiant team!

Allegiant Travel2019-11-18
  10. "Flight attendant"

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Allegiant Travel full-time for less than a year

Pros

You get to be home more than working for a big carrier, you get a decent amount of days off while still being able to pick up hours but you aren’t forced into being away from home for days at a time.

Cons

Pay isn’t amazing at first, attendance policy is honestly insane, I had a funeral to be at but because it was not immediate family I got points for it, once you have so many points even if you have the flu you can’t call in

Advice to Management

Give more room on the point system, I understand if people are calling out but if someone has proof that they are very sick they shouldn’t be punished because of it.

Allegiant Travel2019-12-01