Allied Business Intelligence Reviews

Updated 17 Dec 2020

2.6
Allied Business Intelligence CEO Tim Archdeacon
Tim Archdeacon

"There is a reason I've worked here for 13 years"

5.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Director of Software Development in Oyster Bay, NY

I have been working at Allied Business Intelligence full-time

Pros

Many members of the core teams have been there for quite a few years, many more than a decade Transparent and honest management Treats employees fairly and like human beings Opportunities for growth and advancement

Cons

Small company size means some roles may be less structured or less well-defined than at larger companies Employees scattered worldwide poses challenges

"Very cool place to work"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Manager in Oyster Bay, NY

I have been working at Allied Business Intelligence full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people and teams. Everyone works really well together. A drama-free environment. Cool subject matter (technologies).

Cons

Typical small company challenges, i.e., resources

3. "Not great, Bob!"

2.0
    Former Employee - Teardown Specialist in Austin, TX

I worked at Allied Business Intelligence full-time

Pros

Weekly team lunches at mexican restaurants

Cons

too much work, too little reward

4. "Big Brother's Always Watching"

I worked at Allied Business Intelligence full-time

Pros

I got paid on time.

Cons

ABI Research is a toxic place to work. You will be treated like a child - being watched as you come and go and required to note your whereabouts for every moment of the day. You are more highly valued, the less of an opinion you have - unless you agree with management. However, nobody on the management team will ever agree so you can follow what one person tells you to do, and then immediately get yelled at by another. There's very little appreciation for employees but if you want to feel like you're in middle school again, then this is the place for you! Oh, and check the job postings on the website frequently as they will post your job a few weeks before they plan on firing you.

"So much potential but culture is toxic and company does not treat employees well"

Former Employee - Director of Business Development

I worked at Allied Business Intelligence full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great brand and bright analysts.

Cons

A toxic culture from top to bottom. The company is run like a boutique firm that wants to grow but really just wants the status quo with no desire to expand. Chief Sales Officer is abusive towards all members of the sales team and brags about turning over 90% of current and new hires. He ran the top salespeople out so that he could hire new people and none of them could keep pace with the past performers. In the end, they are losing revenue and market share every year and their top people are leaving to pursue stable companies. Company can not scale or compete with the current model. If the company was public, they would have a huge problem with their hostile culture and how they treat woman.

Continue reading

"Worst Place I ever Worked"

Former Employee - Senior Director Sales

I worked at Allied Business Intelligence full-time

Pros

Business is so bad, you won't be working there for long.

Cons

This company is openly abusive and dishonest to their employees, They completely misrepresented the position I was applying for and how much business was coming in. My first day I showed up to find out they had hired three additional business development people unbeknownst to me. When I looked in Salesforce it became immediately apparent they hadn't closed any business in quite some time. All business that had come in was renewals, and that was fading fast. All of us who were hired were senior sales people who were tasked with nothing but lead generation. When that didn't work, they started firing us one by one. This has been their pattern over past years What ABI fails to understand is that you cannot market niche research on a massive scale. When people need it, they contact you. COO is completely incompetent and disorganized.

7. "A good analyst firm"

Former Employee - Senior Analyst

I worked at Allied Business Intelligence full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good people. Travel. Interesting subject matter. Good for the self-motivated who want to build a brand.

Cons

Lack of goal-setting. Focus on efficiency and higher-than-average workload makes developing more time-consuming or novel research difficult. Work is atomised with limited opportunity for team projects. The ratio of services to analysts is too high.

Continue reading

"Unique company with great culture"

Current Employee - Inside Sales

Pros

Great culture, amazing employer overall. Everyone shares in the company’s success. Cross functional collaboration with analysts is great, as is the subject matter itself. If you want to become knowledgeable about the technologies that will shape our future, ABI is a great place to do so.

Cons

Strategy and your role can change quickly based on business needs which can be disruptive, but also a good learning experience. Sales process could be more established and tested, but it’s a work in progress.

"Negative Culture, over promise under deliver"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

Pros

Remote working opportunity, editing and graphics dept is good

Cons

Extreme negative culture facilitated by head of sales and head of research treat people terribly and run micromanage into the ground. Leadership needs to go or they wont get out of their own way. Over promise earnings ability and salaries are less than other firms. Turmoil as almost 60% of company has turned over in past 4 years and revenues are almost flat.

Continue reading

"Low paying next to other international companies. CRO breeds a subservient environment and miserable place to work at."

Current Employee - Market Research Analyst in London, England

I have been working at Allied Business Intelligence full-time for less than a year

Pros

Not many to speak of

Cons

GDPR requirements not up to date

Viewing 1 - 10 of 28 English Reviews