Alpha FX Employee Reviews about "9 to 5"

Updated 27 Nov 2020

4.1
Alpha FX Chief Executive Officer Morgan Tillbrook
Morgan Tillbrook
Pros
Cons
  • "Long hours can be tough but encourages you to ensure you stay on top of your life and look after yourself(in 10 reviews)

• "This job requires more work and commitment than your typical 9 to 5, and it’s a performance-oriented culture which can be high pressured(in 6 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "9 to 5"

Return to all Reviews

"Great environment for hungry individuals"

Current Employee - Graduate Software Engineer

I have been working at Alpha FX full-time for less than a year

Pros

I recently joined Alpha as a CS grad and my experience has been great so far. - The interview process felt incredibly personable, and even during the tech assessment, I felt like I was being encouraged to find correct solutions rather than being judged for not jumping to a perfect answer. - The onboarding process was very smooth - lots of meetings with different members of the company, learning about Alpha as a business, their history and long-term goals, etc. - I can't speak on all the tech teams, but the team I have joined have been amazing in incorporating the new graduates into the team, and I feel comfortable approaching any colleague if I need assistance with a ticket. - The culture is great for people who are hungry to learn and want to push themselves. - Again, for my team specifically, they are using an incredibly modern and interesting tech stack, which just fuels the desire to learn and progress as an engineer. - Communication channels seem quite open, with members of all levels of seniority able to have fair and honest conversations with each other.

Cons

The only con would be the work hours - if you were looking for a standard 9-5 then this may not be the place for you.

"Working as a female Portfolio Manager"

Current Employee - Portfolio Manager in London, England

I have been working at Alpha FX full-time for less than a year

Pros

- One of the best things about Alpha is the flexible and supportive approach taken by the leadership. The platform offered is a meritocracy, and for those who are capable you have the opportunity to maximise your potential. - When going into the industry I had preconceptions about the typical type of male dominated "broker culture" and what it would be like. However, at Alpha I have not found it to be like this at all. It is a great place to work, whether you are male or female, there is no difference. - One of the things I love most is the extent to which everyone in the room (senior and junior) is willing to support you as you develop, the learning curve is steep, but you get help and candid feedback whenever you need it.

Cons

- This job requires more work and commitment than your typical 9 to 5, and it’s a performance-oriented culture which can be high pressured.

Continue reading

"Sales - Alpha FX - Review"

I have been working at Alpha FX full-time

Pros

What is key to note about Alpha is that everyone becomes family, you work long hours and the commitment required is not for everyone granted, but for those that put the effort in and work smart the opportunities are endless. I can’t stress it enough, Alpha is a team effort and we wouldn’t be able to grow without everyone’s ongoing ability to dig deeper and continue to improve as individuals.   My time at Alpha has pushed all the limits and continues to do so every day. I can thank the directors for ensuring that we all are determined to highlight weaknesses and use the talent within the room to improve the good and the bad.

Cons

Struggle to highlight any, other than the hours may take some time to get used to if you’ve come from a 9 to 5.

"The intelligent and indomitable pursuit of a shared goal."

Current Employee - Portfolio Manager in Reading, England

I have been working at Alpha FX full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture is identical to that of a successful sports team. A shared belief, in a shared goal breeds an environment of accountability where members push one another to develop as individuals. As a group we reward behavior as well as performance because we know that what we do today improves us and the business tomorrow. Challenging ourselves, each other and our clients leads to a world class service offering that constantly improves and builds deeper, more meaningful relationships with clients.

Cons

Alpha is not for someone that views work as work, because the requirement on ones time is more than your average 9 - 5.

"By far the most rewarding development job I've ever had."

Senior Developer in Reading, England

I have been working at Alpha FX for more than 3 years

Pros

Small, dynamic development team. Not afraid to innovate with decisions made quickly. Great tech (latest hardware provided and constantly developing stack). Great perks for the whole team, not just the sales guys. True meritocracy, if you work hard then you will be rewarded, regardless of your role. Regular circuit training session to blow off steam.

Cons

Not really a con for me but the level of responsibility requires more dedication than your standard 9 to 5 tech job!

Continue reading

"What it's like working for Alpha..."

I have been working at Alpha FX

Pros

Alpha has provided me with opportunities and responsibilities that most companies expect you to fall in line and wait years for. The view here is if you're capable and ambitious - why wait? Tenacity here is contagious. There is a culture that 'anything is possible' and this belief pushes people to achieve extraordinary things. This is reflected in the office too, which doesn't actually feel like an office at all (Google Alpha and click their virtual tour and you can see for yourself!) In a nutshell, working for Alpha isn't your ordinary 9-5, but then nothing here is. Everyone expects better and the simple result is, everything is: from the people, environment and responsibilities to the benefits, commissions and training. If you're thinking of applying, my advice would be not to hesitate. The selection standards are high, but if you believe you've got what it takes, you probably owe yourself not to pass up this opportunity. If you're successful, it's no small exaggeration to say working here will probably change your life.

Cons

No true cons. More demanding than you're standard 9-5, but more rewarding too!

Viewing 1 - 5 of 6 English Reviews