Ambition Group Reviews

Found 98 of over 104 reviews

3.6
Ambition Group CEO Nick Waterworth
Nick Waterworth
Pros
  • "Friendly atmosphere with a great culture(in 10 reviews)

• "Friendly and inclusive working environment(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "average commission structure and long hours(in 4 reviews)

• "It's up to you to make your career progression happen - they have training programs in place but you need to be proactive about it(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Overall a great place to work. Really going the right way after some tricky years

2 Feb 2021 - Manager in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been working for Ambition for several years, some of those have been very mixed to say the least. But in the last 18 months there has been a real overhaul at the top of the organisation & things are on the up. Very good leaders have been brought in at MD / Director level across our Australian officers, who have been supportive, decisive and have helped lead the company through the tricky COVID era. Equitable & logical decisions have been made on a consistent basis - for example getting rid of deficit, which has been a big boost to more junior consultants. Innovation is now a massive strength of Ambition, moving away from cold calls and focussing on marketing & content as part of more sophisticated approaches to BD. Collaboration across the Australian offices (Sydney - Melbourne - Brisbane) has really gone from strength to strength, which for a lot of the time I've been at Ambition has been poor. The work-life balance is really flexible, but it's also allied to a high performance standard - which is how it should be. Most of all everyone who is here at Ambition wants to be here - which I think bodes well for the future.

Cons

The offices are decent enough, but can still be better. A big refurb was planned for mid 2020 but then COVID got in the way, which is fair enough. We are at a solid level of 'high performance culture', but I think this can still improve further.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Nice experience

2 Jun 2021 - Marketing Associate in Kuala Lumpur
      Business Outlook

Pros

- high salary and comfortable working environment

Cons

Workload is pretty heavy and you need work on weekend

3. 4.0
      Former Employee

Great culture

31 May 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome colleagues who created a great culture and environment to work in

Cons

Nothing I can think of

4. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Management will ruin the business!

18 Feb 2021 - Recruitment Consultant in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

There used to be pros but not now

Cons

The place has had high turnover which is fair enough but now they are in panic mode. The MD is temporary and trying to salvage together a business and due to the inability to attract new staff/management they have promoted a dinosaur of a team manager to AD. Worst choice ever and quite sad because they think they are good hence the promotion but really it's because there is no one else. They have never worked in any other agency before and are so blind to how other agencies operate that they rule with an old school iron fist and micromanagement. They have about as much innovation as Blockbuster and we all know how that ended. Also don't believe the good reviews on here, not from recent times anyway. We were all told to write positive reviews on here - no company that is performing well does that and has a great culture does that

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A flexible, autonomous and trusting environment to work in

12 Nov 2020 - People and Culture Manager in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been working at Ambition since April 2018. One of the things I like the most about working here is the people. You will never hear someone saying "that's not my job", everyone is happy to help, regardless what the question or task is. I feel like the leaders in our business genuinely care about us and want us to succeed. Everything is very much a team effort which doesn't always happen in recruitment as sometimes it can be quite siloed. I have a lot of autonomy and flexibility in how I execute my role on a day to day basis. I have also been lucky enough to get involved in lots of projects and contribute to strategic decision making. When someone else in the business went on parental leave, I was given the opportunity to perform that role until she came back. It's been a really good experience and I have developed a lot of new skills and furthered my knowledge. I feel empowered and that my opinion is important. One of the benefits of working for a smaller organisation is the ability to impact decisions, which isn't always possible in a large organisation with lots of hierarchical levels. I really enjoy working at Ambition and am excited for what next year brings!

Cons

No agency is perfect, but we are building something that I am really excited to be part of.

6. 4.0

Good place

13 May 2021 - Manager in Hong Kong
      Business Outlook

Pros

Less competitive than other firms

Cons

Passive aggressive style of colleagues

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Had a great turnaround in the past year.

26 Jan 2021 - Recruitment Consultant in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome leadership, strategy is finally very clear. Great corporate services support. Fair pay and commission, no deficit. The leadership team has been fantastic throughout covid, felt like they cared. Super flexible, lots of WFH. No micromanagement. Have just read some of the older reviews here seem to be a bit of sour grapes or vendettas, I think there was some lower performers pushed out last year which I guess they are not happy about!!!

Cons

Because it’s a smaller business some of the more negative people can feel quite loud. That will be fixed with more energetic new hires. The fact there is no micro management doesn’t suit everyone, some people seem to flounder.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Genuine, supportive and and fun place to work

5 Jan 2021 - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

I really feel like we're building towards something good and that there's a clear direction for the future. Throughout Covid, management have been supportive, caring and approachable. There's lots of collaboration between offices and staff are down to earth and fun to be around. You're given the autonomy to make your own decisions on how to run your desk but assistance is always there if you need it and there's a focus on building long term relationships rather than just making a quick buck. Easily the best agency that I've worked for.

Cons

There has been a bit of turnover in the past 12 months but I genuinely feel that current employees are all bought into the company values and what they want to achieve in the future. More face to face social events would be nice, but I'll let them off because of Covid.

9. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Supportive in all aspects

21 Apr 2021 - Receptionist Cum Administrative in Dubai
      Business Outlook

Pros

Helpful, supportive, give salary on time

Cons

Overtime, extra punctual, hard time

10. 4.0
      Former Employee

Good team

19 Apr 2021 - Recruitment Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture and friendly colleagues

Cons

nothing much to mention about

Viewing 1 - 10 of 98 Reviews