American Traveler Reviews

Updated 20 Apr 2021

4.2
American Traveler CEO Robert L. Bok (no image)
Robert L. Bok
Pros
  • "I was new to travel nursing when I started and Michelle talked me though all the steps to becoming a traveler(in 12 reviews)

• "Management is always available for support when needed, but not overbearing(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I do not have anything negative to say about this company(in 6 reviews)

• "Unaffordable health insurance, with high deductibles(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Amazing Company to Work For!

26 Aug 2020 - Recruiter
      Business Outlook

Pros

I am truly blown away by American Traveler's response through the pandemic. For us corporate employees, we quickly transitioned to a remote company without missing a beat in meeting our business needs, our camaraderie & teamwork, and most importantly, our customer service to our Healthcare Heroes. When transitioning to remote work, the company worked around the clock to make sure we had the proper support and full access to work remotely successfully without any technical glitches. When the demand for our services in providing healthcare professionals to our hospitals increased tremendously due to COVID, every department kicked into high gear and supported the hospital clients and healthcare professionals night and day, putting in extra time to ensure our clients felt supported and appreciated because we truly care, which I believe defines the culture of American Traveler. I am proud to be a member of this hard-working team who not only provides amazing service to our Healthcare Heroes, but who also supports fellow co-workers through their daily challenges and celebrates in their successes.

Cons

Challenges beyond my control that create frustration where I cannot directly alter the outcome can weigh heavy on me, sometimes outside of normal work hours. I am one to take a lot of pride in my work and carry it with me, and in a sales job like this one, the stress of the highs and lows can certainly be challenging.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

American Traveler is a great company to work for!

11 Feb 2021 - Traveler
      Business Outlook

Pros

. Pay was always on time, if there was any issues it was taken care of. My recruiter My Consultant, Kristian Zandee, checked on me frequently and was available if I had questions. American Traveler works for you and anything is possible with this agency. Great team. Thank you for all you do”

Cons

I thought there was a lot of compliance stuff to get together, more than a typical job, but my compliance rep helped me to get all the paperwork in and on time.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee

Positive

20 Apr 2021 - Onboarding
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good entry level job, good team

Cons

Low pay not much room for growth

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Career Move!

27 Aug 2020 - Consultant in Boca Raton, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Not a normal sales environment. You create a bond with not only your co-workers but your personal clients as well. Everyone is willing to help each other overcome obstacles and support your personal wins at the job. Management has went over and beyond pre-pandemic but especially during. They made it priority we were setup comfortably to work from home before quarantine was mandated. With immense pressure in the industry especially during Covid, the VP and CEO personally reaches out to ask how we are doing and what can be done to make us more successful. I have been with the company for sometime and shortly after was offered opportunity to grow. This immediately became an unexpected career move and a big reason was opportunity to make more money year after year and my work environment/culture.

Cons

This job isn’t for you if you aren’t self-sufficient or can’t overcome obstacles. After training you essentially run your desk autonomously and if you lack structure, this might not be the job for you. This job is very lucrative if you are willing to put in the work and grow your business. It’s sales.

5. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great Company

4 Feb 2021 - Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company had an excellent training program with a lot supportive staff members

Cons

You have to make a lot of cold calls in the beginning to build your pipeline

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Consultant

4 Mar 2021 - Consultant in Boca Raton, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

there is high turnover, if you do not want this to be you make a lot of calls, more than the "goal". most coworkers are super nice! In general pleasant work environment.

Cons

cons here like any other job. Annoying days etc.

7. 5.0

Great Company To Work For

26 Aug 2020 - Recruiter in Boca Raton, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

AT has been very accommodating to me both personally and professionally. They truly care about their employees, their well-being & their professional growth and this was all prior to the pandemic. Management has stepped it up that much more in height of the crisis to ensure their employees were not only safe and taking care of themselves during this time but were also equipped to perform their jobs successfully while working remote. The company culture has become that much closer as we're all working together to be as successful as we can despite the circumstances.

Cons

Not a con but a declaration: Self- motivation is a HUGE role in this job. Management will assist you as much as they can but if you're not self- motivated you will not be successful.

8. 5.0

Great Company

26 Aug 2020 - Recruiter in Boca Raton, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

AT has been very accommodating to me both personally & professionally. They truly value their employees, their well-being & their professional development and this was all prior to the pandemic. Since then, management has stepped it up that much doing as they can to ensure their employees are safe, taking care of themselves and fully equipped to do their jobs successfully while being remote. The company culture has also become much closer as we're all working together to be as helpful and as successful as we can be in this time.

Cons

Not a con but a declaration: Self- motivation plays a HUGE role in this job. Management will do all they can to assist you but if you're not self- motivated you will not be successful.

9. 3.0
      Former Employee

Ok - but don’t fully value employees

21 Jan 2021 - Account Coordinator in Boca Raton, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people I worked with were very nice.

Cons

Not enough financial compensation. Hard work was not really valued, certain positions such as recruiters were protected from any scrutiny.

10. 5.0

Consultant

23 Oct 2019 - Consultant in Boca Raton, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

A fun company to work for! As a consultant you have a solid base salary and a well structured commission plan. They offer a 10 week training program for sales consultants to learn the ins and outs of the travel healthcare industry, in addition to providing a mentor to assist with training once you begin speaking with healthcare professionals. The company has made many positive changes to improve the culture of the office and work-life balance for their employees including paid sick leave, paid vacation time, paid holidays, 401K match, catered breakfasts and lunches, corporate happy hours and holiday parties, and the option to work remotely. The management teams across all departments are so good at what they do, and are more than willing to help and offer advice or additional training if you ask! If you’re willing to learn and work hard, this is a great place to be.

Cons

-Sometimes the healthcare professionals can be rude and difficult to work with, but it’s not personal. -Can be stressful, there are a lot of moving pieces but if you stay organized and manage your time wisely you’ll be successful. -They hire a lot of New Graduates right out of college who have never worked in a professional office setting, which can be a bit distracting when they prioritize socializing over working.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 122 Reviews