Americaneagle.com Reviews

Updated 22 Jan 2021

4.2
Americaneagle.com Chief Executive Officer Tony Svanascini (no image)
Tony Svanascini
Pros
  • "They promote a positive work environment that encourages employees and supports their values(in 11 reviews)

• "Great place to work because they highlight family values(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Horrible pay discrepancies, on-call with not compensation, lack of work life balance, fraternities(in 5 reviews)

• "As the company continues to see such amazing growth, there has been some growing pains(in 5 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Good job"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Grove City, PA

I have been working at Americaneagle.com part-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible hours, good management, nice discount

Cons

Inconsistent with hours and sometimes there's downtime

2. "Love it Here!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Plaines, IL

I have been working at Americaneagle.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Managers truly care about you as a person - Room for growth - Flexibility - Great team and employees to work with

Cons

The project work can be super busy and overwhelming at some points, which may be a con to some, but I thrive under pressure!!

January 22, 2021

Thank you for your review!

3. COVID-19

"Such Nice People But Don't Take Covid-19 Seriously"

2.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Americaneagle.com full-time

Pros

Everyone is so nice and there is a lot of work life balance.

Cons

The way the company is managing the covid-19 pandemic is less than ideal. Social distancing and mask usage are not enforced in the office so you rarely see either and getting permission to work from home, due to concerns about the pandemic, is difficult unless you have a very serious reason. There have also been many employees who have tested positive for the virus within the span of several months.

Continue reading

"Poor Management & Complete Dictatorship"

1.0
    Former Employee - Programmer in Des Plaines, IL

I worked at Americaneagle.com full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Pay is decent, there are some nice people working there.

Cons

Management does not understand what is going on throughout the company other than sales. They run the company as a complete dictatorship. There is no internal structure or career path opportunities. Many of the workers are expected to work overtime most of their careers with little compensation or bonuses. No loyalty to long term employees.

January 13, 2021

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are surprised to read this as this goes against all of our values and what we strive to be here at Americaneagle.com. Our employees make this company what it is today. We appreciate everyone’s passion and pride in their work. In 2020, we had a 90% retention rate, which we are very proud of. We are proud to have a large number of employees who have worked here 5-10-15-20+ years. Through our steady growth over the years, we are uniquely positioned to offer amazing growth opportunities to our employees. Rather than forcing people through rigid, cookie-cutter career paths, we focus on getting our people into positions that play off their individual strengths and what they enjoy working on. That usually leads to a win-win situation - happy employee leading to happy customers. We are sorry you feel that it didn’t work out for you here after working here 15+ years. We wish you good luck going forward.

5. COVID-19

"Please take COVID-19more seriously"

2.0

I have been working at Americaneagle.com full-time

Pros

Good work-life balance, friendly people.

Cons

I have been very concerned with how COVID has been handled by upper management and the CEOs. Masks are not encouraged, nor social distancing of any kind, despite rising cases throughout the company.

November 30, 2020

Thank you for your review and expressing concerns. Currently, 60% of our staff is currently working from home. Many people have continued to work successfully from home, others are splitting time in office and working remotely, and some are choosing to come into the office daily. We support all employees while still keeping our company values and the needs of our customers in mind. Yes, we have had a few positive cases within Americaneagle.com. We have been very upfront and honest with the entire team to alert them of the positive cases as soon as possible. We have also confirmed there have been 0 office spread from the cases in our office.

6. "Project manager"

4.0
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Americaneagle.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fast paced. Agile environment. Good boss

Cons

Job security is lesser than desired

December 8, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Job security for all of our positions and especially project managers is very high. Over the past few months we have hired 8 full time project managers and 3 project manager interns. We are also still actively recruiting for this role. If you have any concerns with your job security, please reach out to HR directly so we can personally address this concern with you.

7. "BEST PLACE"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Danbury, CT

I have been working at Americaneagle.com part-time

Pros

I loved it there best place ever

Cons

None I loved it there it was great

November 30, 2020

Thank you for your review!

8. COVID-19

"Take pandemic seriously!"

1.0

I have been working at Americaneagle.com full-time

Pros

Great projects to work on.

Cons

Several people have tested postive but they wont allow to you work from home unless you have a strong reason. HR says there has been 0 employee spread. How are you able to prove that? Also, even if it is true then are you waiting for employee spread to start and then are you going to allow people working remotely? Management does not take COVID seriously. They are not worried about anyone catching the virus. They only care about number of deaths. They will send unneccesary political facts that people worried about COVID are mostly democrat, chances on dying in an accident are higher than catching COVID. Company has grown a lot but the mindset hasn’t.

November 30, 2020

Thank you for your review and expressing concerns. Currently, in-office on a daily basis we have around 35%. Many people have continued to work successfully from home, others are splitting time in office and working remotely, and some are choosing to come into the office daily. We support all employees while still keeping our company values and the needs of our customers in mind. Yes, we have had a few positive cases within Americaneagle.com. We have been very upfront and honest with the entire team to alert them of the positive cases as soon as possible. We have also confirmed there have been 0 office spread from the cases in our office.

9. "A company worth working for"

Current Employee - Senior Front End Developer

I have been working at Americaneagle.com full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Americaneagle.com feels like my second home and I look forward to coming to the office every day to be a part of something special. I am genuinely humbled that I’m able to work for one of the very best companies in the industry, and alongside so many wonderful and talented people, producing some amazing work. The company culture is fantastic as it’s family-oriented and a great deal of importance is placed on extending that family feel to our peers and clients. I've certainly made some lifelong friends and memories here. The company also offers a lot of personal growth - you’re able to get out of the company what you put into it. Lots of interesting and fun projects with clients across many different industries. We get to work with numerous different platforms, systems, and frameworks on any given day. There's honestly never a dull day. Great benefits, plenty of opportunities for learning and personal growth, industry stability with a crazy amount of growth since I stepped in the door on my first day, and clear direction, expectations, and goals from leadership. We’re the very best at what we do and we’re only that way because there are so many skillfully talented, passionate, prideful, and enthusiastic people here collaborating on a daily basis to produce our best work possible.

Cons

Nothing constructive beyond typical growing pains. The company has grown by something like 320% since I first started, so, scaling-up hiccups when a company grows that exponentially fast and large is inevitable. Leadership has done their best to account for everything though.

Continue reading
  10. "Friendly environment .. lot of work"

4.0
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Americaneagle.com full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Challenging and dynamic work culture. Highly motivated leaders

Cons

No bonus. Limited company events

October 26, 2020

Thank you for this review!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 98 English Reviews