Amgen Director Reviews

Updated 23 May 2020

3.3
Amgen President & CEO Robert A. Bradway
Robert A. Bradway
  1. "Great benefits package"

I worked at Amgen full-time

Pros

Lots of opportunity for development. Great benefits especially 401k.

Cons

Highly political and that’s probably it

April 27, 2020Social Media Manager

Hello, thank you for your review. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your growth and leave positive feedback about our comprehensive benefits package. At Amgen, we work to ensure we have direct lines of communication at all times to address your concerns, whether that be speaking with your manager or contacting our team through our support line. Please do not hesitate to connect with us at talentacquisitioninquiries@amgen.com to share more about your experience. Thank you!

"Too much politics"

1.0
    Current Employee - Director, Marketing in Thousand Oaks, CA

I have been working at Amgen full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good campus and 401 k plan

Cons

Too much politics. Everyone is only looking after themselves and not willing to stand up for what is right. Lots of busy work that does not add any value. We say we put patients first but it’s all about the bottom line. Less competent employees being promoted with little experience because all the good people are leaving Amgen. Management cherry picks information that is shared with staff. Lack of accountability and transparency at the management level.

May 26, 2020Social Media Manager

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your honesty and we are very sorry to hear this is your experience. With your help, we'd like to take this opportunity to grow and improve. Please connect with our team at talentacquisitioninquiries@amgen.com to share more. Thank you.

3. "Biotech in transition"

Current Employee - Executive Medical Director in Zug

I have been working at Amgen full-time

Pros

Innovative, culture, pipeline, open minded, people to work with

Cons

Change management, US driven not yet truly global

"Decent but used to be great"

Former Employee - Medical Director in Thousand Oaks, CA

I worked at Amgen full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Pension (no longer available for new hires); Compensation; Awards; Mid year shut down/time off

Cons

Benefits getting expensive; Lots of department changes including staff relocation and dissolution of functions

April 20, 2020Social Media Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We're glad you enjoyed your time at Amgen and fully appreciate your contributions to our company and mission. At Amgen, we know how fortunate we are to have people who exceed expectations in both skill and caliber of character. Our people make us great. In return, our goal is to foster a great work environment where all teammates can grow professionally and personally and be rewarded for the rewarding work they do. We're sure there's a lot we can learn from your experience. Please connect with our team at talentacquisitioninquiries@amgen.com to discuss how we can be even greater. Thank you for your time! We look forward to hearing from you.

"Lost its luster."

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Amgen full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Equipment and infrastructure is plentiful. Intelligent employees.

Cons

Stuck in the past. This is not the 80s anymore.

April 14, 2020Social Media Manager

Thank you for your review. We appreciate hearing your thoughts and hope you'll provide us with more feedback on how we can keep improving. Please reach out to talentacquisitioninquiries@amgen.com anytime to share more about your experience. Thank you for your time — we wish you continued health and success.

"Great Place to Work - Changing Lives Through Medicine"

5.0
    Current Employee - Executive Director, Technology in Newbury Park, CA

I have been working at Amgen full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Love the mission of the company

Cons

Work Life Balance is not great. Amgen will take all you allow it to take.

March 30, 2020Social Media Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We recognize that part of fulfilling our great mission is taking care of the people who are contributing toward our advancements. Please know, you can always connect with our team at talentacquisitioninquiries@amgen.com to discuss how we can further improve.

"Tipping point for work life balance"

Director, Program Management in Thousand Oaks, CA

I have been working at Amgen

Pros

Great benefits (vacation days + summer & winter shutdowns), talented pool of professionals, good science.

Cons

Work load is insane & no end in sight! There is a generalized feeling across all functions & levels that every one is doing 2 FTEs worth of work. Folks here work hard & are highly accountable but many report that their quality of work is decreasing due to volume of work.

April 29, 2020Social Media Manager

Thank you for your review. We're very sorry to hear this has been your experience. We are committed to helping our employees maintain a fair and manageable workload as well as providing a positive work environment. As a valued member of our team, your input is critical in bringing this to fruition. Please contact us at talentacquisitioninquiries@amgen.com to share more about your experience so we can help our teams appropriately address the above concerns. Thank you.

"Very Political Culture"

2.0
    Current Employee - Director in Thousand Oaks, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Amgen full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good benefits,- 401k and summer and holiday shutdowns, great campus, many very bright hardworking people.

Cons

Very political. You will never get ahead unless you are one of the insiders. Many jobs don't get posted but are just filled by someone hand picked. Sales are flat to down so constant cost cutting for last few years. Can be very chaotic with people overworked. Seems to take forever to fill positions and many need to do double the work for an extended period with little appreciation.

April 30, 2020Social Media Manager

Thank you for your review. We’re very sorry to hear this has been your experience, and appreciate your transparency. We take these matters seriously. As you said, living our values is critical to creating a healthy work environment where employees receive the support they need. Please get in touch with our team at talentacquisitioninquiries@amgen.com to help us prevent incidents like this in the future. Thank you.

"Great place to work with significant resources and opportunities"

Former Employee - Director

I worked at Amgen full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Lots of resources to prosecute programs

Cons

Senior leadership is not innovative or willing to take risks

January 23, 2020Social Media Manager

Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear your experience was overall positive and truly appreciate the feedback you have for our team. Please know, you can always reach out to talentacquisitioninquiries@amgen.com to share more.

10. "Innovative progressive use of technology in Life Sciences"

I worked at Amgen full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Many pros in the use of technology in life sciences including innovation, industry alignment.

Cons

Cons include corporate life navigation.

January 21, 2020Social Media Manager

Hi there, thank you for your review. We’re thrilled to hear you enjoyed your time within our Life Sciences. Innovation is at the forefront of what we do each day, and we’re pleased that was your experience. Please know, you can always contact our team at talentacquisitioninquiries@amgen.com to share more.

Found 94 reviews