Amgen Manufacturing Associate Reviews

1. 5.0

Great

Oct 20, 2021 - M\SR Manufacturing Associate in Juncos, PR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work in Puerto Rico, one of the best places.

Cons

It is located in a city that is a little isolated

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good Place To Work

Oct 13, 2021 - Associate Manufacturing
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great down to earth hardworking people on the floor - High standard of work and behavior - Structured and Streamlined Work Environment - Good benefits and options for future development - Diverse and inclusive

Cons

- Competitive - Class structure of employees vs contract workers - Becoming more corporate and bureaucratic - Rotating and often underperforming management focused on personal advancement

3. 4.0
    Current Temporary Employee, more than 1 year

Great

Oct 8, 2021 - Associate Manufacturing Technician in Thousand Oaks, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Team-oriented. Friendly. Cares about safety.

Cons

Workload fluctuates depending on demand Slow days drag and busy days can go up to 10-12 hour shifts.

4. 5.0
    Former Temporary Employee, less than 1 year

AML

Sep 19, 2021 - Manufacturing Process Technician in Juncos, PR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment to gain experience

Cons

not much of an opportunity for temporary workers to apply to regular jobs in manufacturing area

5. 5.0

Amgen

Sep 18, 2021 - Manufacturing Associate in West Greenwich, RI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay Fantastic work culture Amazing benefits

Cons

Long hours on the weekend on Rotational shift

Amgen Response

Thank you for sharing your experience. Your feedback is appreciated as we continue to foster an environment where our staff members around the world can thrive personally and professionally. Please know, you can always reach out to amgen@careers.pure.cloud to share more about your experience. Again, thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

6. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good pay tough environment

Sep 13, 2021 - Manufacturing Associate in West Greenwich, RI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay, benefits, great coworkers, nice facilities

Cons

Long hours with few breaks, bad food in cafe for night shift, little growth out of manufacturing

1 person found this review helpful

Amgen Response

Thank you for sharing your experience. It is our goal to create an atmosphere where our staff members feel supported, and reviews are instrumental in our ability to implement change. Please know that our team can be reached at amgen@careers.pure.cloud if you would like to share more about your experience. If you would like to remain anonymous, please contact Amgen’s Business Conduct Hotline at 1-888-376-5574 or https://amgenbch.tnwreports.com to report your concerns. Again, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company to work for.

Sep 1, 2021 - Manufacturing in Woburn, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexability of remote and inperson, benefits can not be match from anywhere else in biotech that I have seen. Great family like values and good work life balance.

Cons

Closing the site for good.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best place I’ve worked at; recent concerns

Aug 27, 2021 - Manufacturing Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked at companies that are 2, 3, and 4 star on Glassdoor and I can tell you those ratings are very accurate. Amgen has been the best place so far. Supportive, challenging, full of opportunities and knowledgeable and collaborative coworkers. Very great for work life balance if you set your limits well and make it clear. I feel supported and have clear development opportunities.

Cons

M y concern is that with a combination of attrition not being backfilled, opening of new plants , and the hot pharma industry, we are losing experience and talent and and staff are overloaded and stretched. Our project load hasn’t decreased and less experienced staff are supporting us and it takes time and additional work to develop their skills. My other concern is our practice of hiring contingent or contract workers, which doesn’t attract as diverse of a hiring pool. Thousand Oaks is not too diverse and who will move here for a contingent job?

1 person found this review helpful

9. 5.0

Solid entry job

Aug 11, 2021 - Manufacturing Associate in West Greenwich, RI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great starting pay, lots of opportunity for growth and experience

Cons

Somewhat below market value pay-wise

Amgen Response

Thank you for your feedback. If there's anything else you'd like to share with our team, please do not hesitate to reach out to amgen@careers.pure.cloud to share more. Again, thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Working at Amgen

Aug 18, 2021 - Manufacturing Associate I
    Business Outlook

Pros

Has one of the best benefits package and competitive pay. There is a shift differential for both second and third shifts.

Cons

Inflexible hours. Most openings are on night shift and there is a rotating schedule. You're locked into any position for 18 months before you can switch.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 85 Reviews