Amgen Reviews

Updated 2 Jun 2020

3.8
Amgen President & CEO Robert A. Bradway
Robert A. Bradway
  1. "Following their updates"

I worked at Amgen

Pros

The rare specialty and the access driven mindset

Cons

Low vacancy and low portfolio of products

April 28, 2020Social Media Manager

Thank you for your review. We're very pleased to hear of your positive experience. Please know, you can always leave more feedback for our team at talentacquisitioninquiries@amgen.com.

2. "Great experience"

Current Employee - Postdoctoral Fellow in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Amgen full-time

Pros

Close and supportive scientific community

Cons

Tough timelines for fundamental research projects

April 21, 2020Social Media Manager

Thank you for your review. We're so glad to hear you've found a supportive community at Amgen. It's important for us to have an environment that is built on collaboration and respect for each other's contributions. Please know, you can always reach out to our team at talentacquisitioninquiries@amgen.com to provide feedback and share more about your experience so far.

3. "Biotech in transition"

4.0
    Current Employee - Executive Medical Director in Zug

I have been working at Amgen full-time

Pros

Innovative, culture, pipeline, open minded, people to work with

Cons

Change management, US driven not yet truly global

"Too much politics"

1.0
    Current Employee - Director, Marketing in Thousand Oaks, CA

I have been working at Amgen full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good campus and 401 k plan

Cons

Too much politics. Everyone is only looking after themselves and not willing to stand up for what is right. Lots of busy work that does not add any value. We say we put patients first but it’s all about the bottom line. Less competent employees being promoted with little experience because all the good people are leaving Amgen. Management cherry picks information that is shared with staff. Lack of accountability and transparency at the management level.

Amgen2020-05-23

May 26, 2020Social Media Manager

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your honesty and we are very sorry to hear this is your experience. With your help, we'd like to take this opportunity to grow and improve. Please connect with our team at talentacquisitioninquiries@amgen.com to share more and discuss next steps. Thank you.

5. "Great Team Members, Unrealistic Workoad"

Former Employee - HRIS Analyst in Tampa, FL
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Amgen full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I worked at Amgen for a long time and am very grateful for the wonderful people I had the opportunity to work with. There is definitely opportunity for growth and learning at the Thousand Oaks location.

Cons

Continually releveling of jobs to pay less for added responsibilities. Management doesn't seem to value all employees. With all the reductions, those left are forced to do more work for the same or less pay. Some roles are definitely underpaid in market.

Amgen2020-04-30

May 1, 2020Social Media Manager

Thank you for the review. We are sorry to hear this has been your experience, and appreciate your transparency. We take these matters seriously. We'd like to hear more about your experience so we can be sure to address it. Please connect with our team at talentacquisitioninquiries@amgen.com to share more about your experience. Thank you.

6. "Great Company to work for"

Current Employee - Compensation Manager in Thousand Oaks, CA

I have been working at Amgen full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Treats employees very well

Cons

Pace of decision making sometimes slow

Amgen2020-04-13

April 14, 2020Social Media Manager

Hello, thank you for your review. We're happy to hear your experience with Amgen has been positive. As a valued member of our team, your feedback is critical to our improvement. Please connect with our team at talentacquisitioninquiries@amgen.com to share more about your experience.

7. "Great Company with great products"

Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Amgen full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Products are great and the company is well respected. Great benefit package.

Cons

Pay is good but not top notch

Amgen2020-04-13

April 14, 2020Social Media Manager

We're so glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of the benefits and perks we offer our employees. Please note, you can always leave feedback for our team at talentacquisitioninquiries@amgen.com. Thank you for your review!

"This was a bummer."

2.0
    Former Employee - Senior Quality Assurance Associate in Thousand Oaks, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Amgen full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some strong and friendly people. Great benefits.

Cons

Didn't feel empowered to escalate a culture issue within the organization - felt powerless to do anything except leave.

Amgen2020-04-25

April 29, 2020Social Media Manager

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your honesty and we are very sorry to hear what you went through. With your help, we'd like to take this as an opportunity to grow and improve for the future. We value your perspective and are here to listen. Please connect with our team at talentacquisitioninquiries@amgen.com to share more about your experience. Thank you.

9. "Great Company Great Benefits"

Former Employee - Manager Contract and Pricing in Thousand Oaks, CA

I worked at Amgen full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good Work culture, work life balance, opportunity to work with great teams and minds.

Cons

None - Great company to work

Amgen2020-04-07

April 8, 2020Social Media Manager

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate all you do to advance our mission and support our team. Please know, you can always reach out to talentacquisitioninquiries@amgen.com to share feedback with us. Thank you, stay healthy!

10. "Decent but used to be great"

Former Employee - Medical Director in Thousand Oaks, CA

I worked at Amgen full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Pension (no longer available for new hires); Compensation; Awards; Mid year shut down/time off

Cons

Benefits getting expensive; Lots of department changes including staff relocation and dissolution of functions

Amgen2020-04-19

April 20, 2020Social Media Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We're glad you enjoyed your time at Amgen and fully appreciate your contributions to our company and mission. At Amgen, we know how fortunate we are to have people who exceed expectations in both skill and caliber of character. Our people make us great. In return, our goal is to foster a great work environment where all teammates can grow professionally and personally and be rewarded for the rewarding work they do. We're sure there's a lot we can learn from your experience. Please connect with our team at talentacquisitioninquiries@amgen.com to discuss how we can be even greater. Thank you for your time! We look forward to hearing from you.

Found 1865 reviews