Amgen Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jan 24, 2021

Found 320 of over 3,054 reviews

4.1
Amgen President & CEO Robert A. Bradway
Robert A. Bradway
1,222 Ratings
Pros
  • "Great benefits, life balance and great culture(in 221 reviews)

• "Work Life Balance, Time Off, Culture(in 220 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work-life balance is non-existent(in 101 reviews)

• "Decision-making is slow and inefficient(in 69 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Best place to work

Nov 26, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, work life balance, benefits, opportunity to grow

Cons

No cons as such to detail here.

Social Media Manager

As a valued member of our team, we appreciate your input and are happy to hear about your positive experience at Amgen. Please know, you can always reach out to us at amgen@careers.pure.cloud to share more. Thank you!

2. 4.0
      Current Employee

good company to work for

Oct 22, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

good work life balance, good exposure

Cons

small salary increments, some beauracracy

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Has so much potential to be a great place

Jan 24, 2021 - Senior Manager in Thousand Oaks, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The colleagues are generally smart, highly motivated and mission-driven Good benefits Solid balance sheet Highly respected in the industry-lots to learn Used to have lots of family friendly activities, but not sure what will happen to them after COVID Management focused on the company stock price and market performance

Cons

-Work-life balance is non-existent. I am literally working all.the.time. Vacations are rarely taken. I have noticed that if my manager does not see me logged on and green on a weekend, the following week I get dumped a bunch of projects since apparently I have “capacity”. We have winter and summer shut downs but I have always worked through them so they are not that helpful -There is a LOT of micromanaging - this may also be manager/department specific though. But from my experience micromanaging was very commonplace -Decision-making is slow and inefficient. This goes back to the several layers of micromanagement. -Career progression is tricky. Hard to know how you can really advance to the next level -I have had some bad, mean managers. It is disappointing that they think they can treat others in a derogatory manner and the company is allowing such an environment to prevail

Continue reading
      5 people found this review helpful

Social Media Manager

Thank you for your feedback. It is our sincere goal to provide continuous growth opportunities in an exciting, cutting-edge atmosphere, and reviews are instrumental in our ability to implement change. We encourage you to share additional details about your experience with us at amgen@careers.pure.cloud. Again, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee

Amgen Engineer

Jan 17, 2021 - Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work Life Balance, Time Off, Culture

Cons

Not all managers embrace culture in earnest

Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We value your input and we are happy to hear about your positive experience. Please know you can always reach us at amgen@careers.pure.cloud. Again, thank you for your review!

5. 4.0
      Former Intern

Work life balance

Jan 24, 2021 - Anonymous Intern
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice work-life balance and good benefits

Cons

Pay is low compare to other company

Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for your contributions to our internship program. At Amgen, it is our sincere goal to provide our interns with valuable opportunities that help develop their careers. Reviews like yours are instrumental in our ability to implement change. Please know, you are always encouraged to share your amgen@careers.pure.cloud to share more about your experience. Thank you again for your review!

6. 3.0
      Current Contractor

Good for Amgen FTE's

Jan 20, 2021 - Senior Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture and good work/life balance and very nice people

Cons

in you are contractor, you may end up not even having PTO or sick leave

Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It is our goal to create an environment where our team members feel supported and heard. We value your feedback and please know that all reviews are taken into consideration when strategizing for the future. Please know, you are always welcome to share any further details with us at amgen@careers.pure.cloud.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Large company in Thousand Oaks

Jan 4, 2021 - Senior Manager in Thousand Oaks, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, work-life balance and people. Good manager training.

Cons

Large company politics and frequent re-organization

Social Media Manager

Thank you for your feedback. It is our sincere goal to provide continuous growth opportunities in an exciting, cutting-edge atmosphere, and reviews are instrumental in our ability to implement change. If there are additional details you would like to share about your experience, please reach out to amgen@careers.pure.cloud. Again, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good Company

Jan 15, 2021 - Software Engineer in Thousand Oaks, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work life balance, helpful management team, good for overall management experience

Cons

Little less scope for development

1 person found this review helpful

Social Media Manager

Thank you for your review. We value your input and please know that all feedback is taken into consideration when planning for the future. Please know, you are always welcome to share any further details with us at amgen@careers.pure.cloud.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great science!

Jan 10, 2021 - Senior Associate Scientist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Solid research being done, wonderful colleagues

Cons

Work life balance may be difficult to achieve

Social Media Manager

Thank you for your review. We value your feedback and are happy to hear about your positive experience. Please know, you can always reach out to amgen@careers.pure.cloud to share any details about your experience at Amgen.

10. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Good place to work

Jan 2, 2021 - Research Scientist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to work, nice campus.

Cons

Lack of Work life balance

Viewing 1 - 10 of 320 Reviews