Amgen Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 2 Jan 2021

Amgen President & CEO Robert A. Bradway
Robert A. Bradway
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. Featured Review

"Great place to work!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Thousand Oaks, CA

I have been working at Amgen full-time

Pros

Work culture, work life balance, opportunity to work with great teams and minds, a true leader in healthcare

Cons

Not one I can think of - great place to work!

March 30, 2020Social Media Manager

We are thrilled that you see Amgen as a great place to work with amazing talent. Thank you for the review!

2. "Best place to work"

5.0

I have been working at Amgen full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Culture, work life balance, benefits, opportunity to grow

Cons

No cons as such to detail here.

November 30, 2020Social Media Manager

As a valued member of our team, we appreciate your input and are happy to hear about your positive experience at Amgen. Please know, you can always reach out to us at amgen@careers.pure.cloud to share more. Thank you!

3. "good company to work for"

I have been working at Amgen full-time

Pros

good work life balance, good exposure

Cons

small salary increments, some beauracracy

4. "N/A"

Current Employee - Medical Communications in Thousand Oaks, CA

I have been working at Amgen full-time

Pros

Lots of work, but good work life balance

Cons

At times, can be a lot of work

December 22, 2020Social Media Manager

Thank you for your feedback. It is our sincere goal to provide continuous growth opportunities in an exciting, cutting-edge atmosphere, and reviews are instrumental in our ability to implement change. If there are additional details you would like to share about your experience, please reach out to amgen@careers.pure.cloud. Again, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

5. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Research Scientist

I have been working at Amgen full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good place to work, nice campus.

Cons

Lack of Work life balance

January 4, 2021Social Media Manager

6. "Progresssive company"

Former Employee - Senior Access Manager in Thousand Oaks, CA

I worked at Amgen full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Global company, established processes and good IT infrastructure, educated people

Cons

Poor work life balance, too many levels and approvals needed for decision making

December 8, 2020Social Media Manager

Thank you for your review. We are committed to creating a positive and supportive environment, and reviews are instrumental to our ability to implement change. If you'd be so kind as to share more about your experience with our team at amgen@careers.pure.cloud, this will help us develop strategies for future employees. Again, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

"Soul sucking company with poor culture. Stay away from this company."

1.0
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance in Thousand Oaks, CA

I worked at Amgen full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pay and benefits that’s all

Cons

Negative work environment, clueless management, lacks core values, bullying management, poor work-life balance, poor employee morale, burnout, unattainable expectations, rude in supportive employees

December 30, 2020Social Media Manager

We appreciate your review, value your feedback, and take your concerns very seriously. It is our sincere goal to foster a positive workspace that upholds the highest degree of professionalism at every level, and reviews are instrumental in our ability to implement change. While you've provided a lot of detail, we encourage you to share more about your experience with our team at amgen@careers.pure.cloud so we can prevent similar feelings in the future. Again, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

8. "Good Salary, Questionable Management"

Former Employee - Senior Bio-pharmaceutical Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Amgen full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Salary, PTO, Paid Shutdown and good work life balance.

Cons

Toxic management culture, colleagues can be cut throat and manipulative

November 20, 2020Social Media Coordinator

Thank you for your review. We are committed to creating a positive and welcoming environment, and reviews are instrumental to our ability to implement change. If you'd be so kind as to share more about your experience with our team at amgen@careers.pure.cloud, we will do all we can to prevent these feelings in the future. Again, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

9. "Average"

2.0
    Former Employee - Manager in Uxbridge, England

I worked at Amgen full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Early finish on a Friday - 3pm - Good name to have on your CV - Good salary

Cons

- Long hours and No work/life balance - have to be available to have meetings with HQ in Thousand Oaks at 10pm in the evening but still be available at 8.30am the next day. - You will never see any of the senior management unless it is something really important as they lock themselves in their cosy offices all day - Not entirely sure what HR actually do as you never see or hear from them - All decisions are made in the US so you need to really be based there to further your career. - The office is like a huge library, everyone is afraid to make any noise. - Canteen menu is very limited - Never saw any D&I initiatives - the company didn't do anything in the UK for Black History Month or even Pride - Lots of long term employees who are just waiting for retirement or a time when they can cash in their shares, people have been doing the same role for 6 years plus and not showing any development - this can't be healthy long term for the future of the company.

November 20, 2020Social Media Coordinator

We appreciate your review, value your feedback, and take your concerns seriously. It is our sincere goal to foster an inclusive environment where every staff member can thrive professionally and personally, and reviews are instrumental to our ability to implement change. While you've provided a great amount of detail, we encourage you to write to us at amgen@careers.pure.cloud to share more about your experience. Again, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

10. "Great Company"

1.0
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Associate

I have been working at Amgen full-time

Pros

Great company culture and rewards

Cons

Difficult to have a good work life balance

December 7, 2020Social Media Manager

Thank you for your review. It is our sincere goal to foster an environment where everyone can thrive professionally and personally, and reviews are instrumental in our ability to implement change. If there's anything else you'd like to share about your experience, please write to amgen@careers.pure.cloud so we can prevent similar feelings in the future. Again, thank you for your valuable feedback

Viewing 1 - 10 of 313 English Reviews