Amica Insurance Reviews

Found 629 of over 657 reviews

3.3
Amica Insurance President, CEO and Director Robert A. DiMuccio
Robert A. DiMuccio
Pros
  • "Great benefits package and company car(in 79 reviews)

• "There's a good benefits package for families and you feel really secure working here(in 56 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The major downside about working in the claims department at Amica is the workload(in 50 reviews)

• "C razy work load and little work/life balance for the claims adjuster position(in 28 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee
      Featured Review

Great company

May 10, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company overall, solid salary, very good benefits and good work life balance. Good long term employer

Cons

A lot of the staff have been there for a long time making changes difficult

Amica Insurance

Thank you for the five-star review, recommendation and kind words about your experience at Amica! Please know that the feedback of our employees helps us make decisions about the future of our company. If you’re interested in sharing your thoughts with us directly, please email us at employeefeedback@amica.com so we can get in touch. Thank you again!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Awesome place to work, superb culture

Sep 2, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amica treats it employees well and it's evident that they care. The culture is open, people look out for each other and operate with integrity. Leadership is supportive and engages while soliciting the opinions of subject matter experts. Benefits are better than most.

Cons

The culture is still adapting from a traditional to hybrid work environment in some pockets.

Amica Insurance

We’re so happy to hear the feedback about our company culture, leadership and benefits! We’re always listening, so if you have additional feedback you’d like to share with us directly, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at employeefeedback@amica.com. Thanks so much for the five stars!

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Manager

Oct 29, 2020 - Manager in New Delhi
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice place to work in

Cons

Too much pressure to work in

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good

Oct 16, 2018 - Analyst in New Delhi
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good atmosphere Good people I liked it Everything is awesome Management is supporting

Cons

No cons All good All happy All easy

Amica Insurance

Thanks so much for your review! We’re so glad to hear that you’ve had such a good experience at Amica, and we appreciate your kind feedback.

5. 3.0
      Former Employee

good company

Oct 14, 2015 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good salary ,With lot of opportunites

Cons

Work load is the only problem i found

6. 4.0
      Former Employee

Great Training

May 18, 2022 - Claims Adjuster
      Business Outlook

Pros

Intensive and supportive training program for new hires Good and supportive culture Great management team

Cons

Lack of upward mobility and pay increase High claim volume

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Good starter Job

May 10, 2022 - Acccount Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good starter job out of college

Cons

Management seems to focus on things that are small picture vs big picture

Amica Insurance

Thank you for the five-star review! We’re happy to hear that you recommend Amica after your time here as an account manager, and we appreciate the kind feedback. If you have any additional comments to share with us directly, please email us at employeefeedback@amica.com. Thank you again!

8. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Micromanaging and inefficient workflows

May 16, 2022 - Claims Adjuster
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love most of my coworkers, the rest of them I like (or get along with)! Benefits are about industry average. There are advancement opportunities...if you want to pack up and move away from everything you have grown to love (I suppose that is a con after all).

Cons

As an adjuster I am starting to feel more micromanaged with less autonomy to do my job without approvals galore for things I never previously had to seek approval for, except when I first started with Amica. Inefficient workflows in some situations or tasks workflows that change. Some things pass through too many hands for approval. Some are warranted, some are not. I feel like Amica believes I need my hand held by management, even though I am experienced. Destroys a piece of my self confidence while doing my job. Amica is an ultra-conservative company. This is mostly a con from my view. The work load is too heavy (even for an insurance company). Not enough time to do my job, and feeling more and more behind each month. Yes, they are getting some people hired but I am just waiting for the next wave of resignations. I don't believe it is just due to the "Great Resignation." I feel that Amica is not the same place it was (and not in all the good ways). On the surface, yes. When you work for them and from the inside looking out, it isn't always the case. Home Office has all the smiles and make you feel special and professionals, but when I am back home working the feeling diminishes. Atlas training is ok in some cases (when I have time to do them). Meanwhile I have to deal with the constant email reminders. Some trainings are vague and not helpful. The platform (Atlas) is good, but the content isn't all that informative all the time. If I had time, I would do them more regularly. Maybe if the work load wasn't so heavy for such a long extended period of time the negatives would somehow wash away. Who knows? I am not ready to abandon my post at Amica and join the competition (yet), but I have interviewed with some of the competitors. I just haven't found a tempting enough offer, I suppose. After all I wrote that is a con in this review, I still believe Amica is a good company, but I am no longer believing they are the "only" good company anymore. There is a world outside of Amica.

4 people found this review helpful

Amica Insurance

Thank you for your review and feedback, including your comments about our training platform ATLAS. Please know that feedback like yours helps us make decisions about the future of our company, and we would appreciate learning more about the workflows that you would like to see improved, in addition to the other comments you shared. Could you please email us at employeefeedback@amica.com so we can learn more from you? Thank you again!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Competitive benefits, average salary

May 5, 2022 - Claims Compliance Coordinator in Providence, RI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company is community oriented, folks will succeed long term if they decide the industry is for them.

Cons

Degree required to advance for the most part

Amica Insurance

Thank you for the five-star review and recommendation! We’re happy to hear this feedback about our company’s culture and the long-term opportunities for those who are employed here. If you have additional feedback that you’d like to share with us directly, please feel free to email us at employeefeedback@amica.com. Thank you again!

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Decent company to work for

May 2, 2022 - Customer Service Representative in Albany, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

good management and supervisors. accommodate vacations well

Cons

Slow to adapt to a changing employee environment poor pay compared to similar insurance carriers

1 person found this review helpful

Amica Insurance

Thank you for your review and recommendation! When it comes to Amica’s pay, please know that our total rewards package is based on a balance between pay and benefits that we’ve found to be competitive in our industry. If you’d like to offer additional feedback, we’d welcome the opportunity to speak with you. Please feel free to email us at employeefeedback@amica.com. Thank you.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 629 Reviews

Amica Insurance Reviews FAQs

Amica Insurance has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 657 reviews left anonymously by employees. 54% of employees would recommend working at Amica Insurance to a friend and 41% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -18% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Amica Insurance employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Amica Insurance. This rating has decreased by -9% over the last 12 months.

54% of Amica Insurance employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Amica Insurance 3.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 2.9 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Amica Insurance Job Seekers