Cover image for Amica Insurance

Found 725 of over 757 reviews

3.4
Amica Insurance President and CEO Edmund (Ted) Shallcross III
Edmund (Ted) Shallcross III
Pros
  • "Great work schedule allows for work-life balance(in 34 reviews)

• "Great benefits package and company car(in 79 reviews)

• Cons
  • "C razy work load and little work/life balance for the claims adjuster position(in 28 reviews)

• "At the time I retired, there was no option to work from home(in 18 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Never Been Happier!

31 Oct 2022 - Associate Workforce Analyst in Lincoln, RI
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been in the workforce for 20+ years, lots of experience elsewhere, and Amica has blown away my expectations. Yes, the benefits are outstanding. Yes, the base pay and bonuses are generous. But is all you're looking for benefits and a good paycheck? Probably not. What else is there? The atmosphere here is special. People are happy, and smiling, and genuinely appreciative that they're working for a company that cares about them. Amica's mission statement is "to create peace of mind and build enduring relationships", and it's obvious that doesn't just apply to customers, but to employees as well. From the top down I have felt welcome since day one. I feel valued on a daily basis and that my employer cares about my well-being and workplace satisfaction. The importance placed on work/life balance is impressive. The time and effort put into my training to set us up for success was very well done. I could go on, but I'll leave you with this: I often find myself thinking about how lucky I am that a get to work at Amica!

Cons

I haven't found any yet. Know it's a big corporate company, so of course there are many layers of management, and sometimes there are decisions and changes that you won't necessarily agree with, but that will be true anywhere. That's not a "con" specific to Amica.

Amica Insurance

Thank you for this wonderful five-star review! We appreciate that you feel lucky to work here, and we feel lucky to have employees that make Amica such a great place to work. Thank you again for all of your feedback and for taking the time to share your experience on Glassdoor!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Awesome place to work, superb culture

2 Sep 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amica treats it employees well and it's evident that they care. The culture is open, people look out for each other and operate with integrity. Leadership is supportive and engages while soliciting the opinions of subject matter experts. Benefits are better than most.

Cons

The culture is still adapting from a traditional to hybrid work environment in some pockets.

Amica Insurance

We’re so happy to hear the feedback about our company culture, leadership and benefits! We’re always listening, so if you have additional feedback you’d like to share with us directly, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at employeefeedback@amica.com. Thanks so much for the five stars!

3. Join the Amica Insurance team
      See Our Latest Jobs
    4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Manager

29 Oct 2020 - Manager in New Delhi
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice place to work in

Cons

Too much pressure to work in

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good

16 Oct 2018 - Analyst in New Delhi
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good atmosphere Good people I liked it Everything is awesome Management is supporting

Cons

No cons All good All happy All easy

Amica Insurance

Thanks so much for your review! We’re so glad to hear that you’ve had such a good experience at Amica, and we appreciate your kind feedback.

6. 3.0
      Former Employee

good company

14 Oct 2015 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good salary ,With lot of opportunites

Cons

Work load is the only problem i found

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Very transparent, team oriented

30 Nov 2022 - Associate sales rep
      Business Outlook

Pros

Quality co-workers, team players, challenging

Cons

Phone Center primarily, follow up activities in between phone calls, must be good with time management and multi-tasking

Amica Insurance

Thank you for the five-star review and recommendation! We appreciate your feedback about your co-workers and the challenging work you engage with. If you’d like to discuss any of your comments with us in greater detail, please email us at employeefeedback@amica.com so we can learn more. Thank you again!

8. 4.0

Awesome culture and Challenging workplace

1 Dec 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing people and culture of the organization People are approachable at all levels Flexible options to work from anywhere Cool benefits such as Medicare, 401K, leaves, etc.

Cons

Office space - Building ambience is old and maintenance can be improved HR processes can be revisited to meet the industry standards like probation period of 90 days before onboarding someone as Full-time

9. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Burnout City

30 Nov 2022 -  in Lincoln, RI
      Business Outlook

Pros

From the perspective of a former employee who worked here for years, this is my honest review. Benefits - Average to a little above average in comparison to other companies in the same industry if you have a family. The Work - Plentiful and interesting. No shortage of work anywhere in sight which makes the day go by very quickly. Lots of opportunity to pick up skills to add to a resume. Direct Management - Generally good with some going above and beyond for employees who report to them directly.

Cons

Salary - Not what you'd expect after years of exceeding expectations on those yearly reviews you're given. I would even say that you should just try to complete the work that's assigned to you in the given day and then leave when you're supposed to. If you think you're going to make more money quicker if you do the most work, that will definitely not happen here. Senior Management - Specifically in regards to C-level executives, most seem to be way out of touch with what employees need and care about. You will get absolutely no support from them if you ask for help with just trying to keep up with the day to day. Self Development - Within regards to continuous learning opportunities for growth and development, there is simply no support (from anyone) to establish time to have employees learn new skills or to cross train. Staffing - Egregious to point where you no longer care about the work that you're doing or trying to complete it on time because you know that there's more work then people to do it.

2 people found this review helpful

Amica Insurance

Thank you for taking the time to share honest feedback with regards to your personal experience. Although you’re no longer with the company, we’d welcome the opportunity to discuss your comments with you directly so we can learn more about what you’ve shared in your review. Could you please email us at employeefeedback@amica.com so we can get in touch? Thank you.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place to work

16 Nov 2022 - Supervisor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership by example, Ethical culture, Good work/life balance - no negatives in the 15 years I've been here.

Cons

I have experienced nothing negative here, ever.

Amica Insurance

Thanks so much for this great five-star review! We’re so happy to hear that you’ve had great experience with us over the past 15 years, and we appreciate your kind feedback. Thank you again!

11. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Great Place For A Career, Not Just A Job

13 Nov 2022 - Communications Director in Lincoln, RI
      Business Outlook

Pros

I worked at Amica for over 35 years. I felt valued and cared about. The company has a very supportive work environment/culture. There is opportunity for growth. You don't get lost in the crowd. The benefits are excellent.

Cons

I don't have any cons to share. My experience was very positive.

Amica Insurance

Thank you for this wonderful five-star review and all of the great feedback you shared about your time at Amica! We’re glad to hear that your experience was such a positive one, and we appreciate you taking the time to provide these comments. Thank you again!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 725 Reviews
    </>Embed

Amica Insurance Reviews FAQs

Amica Insurance has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 757 reviews left anonymously by employees. 61% of employees would recommend working at Amica Insurance to a friend and 52% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Amica Insurance employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Amica Insurance. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

61% of Amica Insurance employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Amica Insurance 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.