Analysis Group Manager Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Martha S. Samuelson
  1. "Great firm"

Former Employee - Case Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Analysis Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great company to work for if you're looking for intellectually stimulating, complex work; strong collaborative culture; flexible case staffing approach

Cons

Unpredictable schedule and workload at times, and as with all consulting firms, some projects can be less interesting than others; flexible case staffing approach

Advice to Management

Ensure that culture is maintained as firm grows, but seek to introduce organizational changes - e.g., organized case staffing - that may work more effectively at larger firm

Analysis Group2017-12-21

"Manager"

I have been working at Analysis Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This is a great firm to work for after graduate school. The work environment is supportive and collaborative.

Cons

There are no drawback working at this firm.

Advice to Management

Maintain the current culture

Analysis Group2017-07-29

"Awesome place to start or build a career. Not for everyone? Sure."

I have been working at Analysis Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Internally, have done a great job over many years of consistently hiring smart, interesting, multi-dimensional, kind people. Junior staff have designed training programs (both on analytical software and more generally) that are tailored to our work and provide a fantastic foundation for those working their first job out of college. Culture is built on junior staff delivering those training programs and otherwise making...

Cons

Some cons are true of any client work: somewhat unpredictable demand, and sometimes having to give in on decisions you disagree with. Some cons cited in other reviews are pros for me, but remind me that this place isn’t for everyone, and that’s OK. I enjoy working with detailed data -- playing around in a spreadsheet or catching a calculation error by an opposing expert is fun for me. If you don’t feel that way, or...

Advice to Management

I'm not a partner, nor was I asked to write this review. After reading what’s here I was motivated to give some balance between the perspective of the many happy people who have made long-term careers at AG vs. those for whom it doesn’t work out and who post disgruntled reviews upon leaving. The firm should listen to and learn as much as it can from the latter group, but as in the “cons” section above should keep in mind...

Analysis Group2016-05-06

"Great company to work for!"

I have been working at Analysis Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

AG promotes a collaborative culture from the top down. Partners care about the employees like a family so they try to make the experiences here as rich with experience and kindness as possible. It also helps that the company has some great ancillary benefits such as our annual ski trip, the company holiday party and frequent happy hours and parties to get to know your colleagues.

Cons

Due to the nature of consulting, hours can be unpredictable but this is how the consulting world works. If you have a love of the work, this is one of the few downsides to the role and it isn't specific just to AG.

Advice to Management

As the company continues to grow, continue to manage the firm with heart. I think that is a unique aspect of a firm like AG and it sets us apart from the competition.

Analysis Group2016-02-24

"The company really cares about its employees"

I have been working at Analysis Group for more than 5 years

Pros

The company puts in a lot of time to develop people, and cares about your overall well-being.

Cons

Similar to what's typical of the consulting industry, you can get very long hours at times, but it's manageable if you can figure out a system for yourself.

Analysis Group2015-10-26

"Smart people and heavy workload"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Analysis Group full-time

Pros

Collaborative environment. Work on interesting cases with smart people. Can work on a range of cases as they do not organize people into silos. Good benefits.

Cons

Hard to predict your schedule at times. Workload can be grinding for long stretches of time. Management say they want work-life balance but they really want you to work as much as possible.

Analysis Group2015-02-04
  7. "Top-notch reputation and quality; great people"

I have been working at Analysis Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

High expectations combined with a culture of genuinely nice colleagues who go out of their way to pitch in and who are invested in you personally. Theme is "if we're all in this together, let's make this as pleasant as possible for each other." Firm continues to gain national prominence and is growing rapidly.

Cons

Sometimes long, unpredictable hours, but it's the same as with all client-driven industries.

Advice to Management

As the firm continues to grow rapidly, senior management needs to continue to invest in the AG culture.

Analysis Group2013-10-09