Anglian Water Employee Reviews about "aw"

Updated Nov 3, 2021

Found 29 of over 471 reviews

4.3
Anglian Water Managing Director Peter Simpson
Peter Simpson
Pros
  • "Just like that I have completed 15 years service at Anglian Water(in 55 reviews)

• "They offer flexible working which has allowed me to work part time(in 35 reviews)

• Cons
  • "There are no downsides to working for Anglian Water(in 21 reviews)

• "There aren't any, love working at AW(in 10 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "aw"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

good

Nov 3, 2021 - IDS in Lincoln, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

AW its looking after employees.

Cons

I didn't found yet any cons

Anglian Water Response

Thanks so much for leaving a fantastic review!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Anglian Water is a great place to work

Sep 6, 2021 - Programmer Manager in Huntingdon, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The way the company looks after its staff by acknowledging that it wouldnt be where it is without everyone being a piece to the puzzle. You feel welcome and part of a large team all working together to deliver the best service to our customers no matter which department you are in. The pay is good and there is a very good benefits package (which in some circumstances extends to family members). The people are what make AW great.

Cons

Departments tend to keep themselves within their own bubble and it would be better if there was more cross department working and time to spend together to get to know others outside of your own department and to build upon relationships and networks.

Anglian Water Response

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a fantastic 5 star review!

3. 5.0

Anglian Water Apprentice Review

Sep 2, 2021 - Maintenance Technician Apprentice in Huntingdon, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lovely people Great atmosphere Everyone respects each other

Cons

There aren't any, love working at AW.

Anglian Water Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 5 star review, and no cons which is even better! Glad to hear you are enjoying your Apprenticeship with us!

4. 5.0

A great place to work

Sep 1, 2021 - Recruitment Advisor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work, great benefits and a welcoming and supportive team. They offer flexible working which has allowed me to work part time. Lots of opportunities for development and progression within the business. I'm looking forward to progressing my career with AW.

Cons

No cons that I have found

Anglian Water Response

Thank you so much for leaving us a 5 star review! With no cons which is even better!!

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A company that really cares about their employees

Sep 2, 2021 - Head of Department in Lincoln, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Recently new to AW, I have found the culture and ways of working as very collaborative and welcoming. The company has really embraced the new ways of working that Covid has created and I can see this flexibility has really opened doors for creative thinking as well as much greater use of peoples valuable time.

Cons

There are a few overlapping job roles and functions which can be confusing at first but I am confident this is just a transitional issue. Everyone is super helpful to get you to the right person you need to talk to.

Anglian Water Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a great review!

6. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Terrible company to work for. 16 years and would leave tomorrow.

Aug 26, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Ipswich, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Stable employment. Innovative and environmentally aware.

Cons

Despite what they state to anyone who will listen. Only opportunities if your face fits. Waste water staff unaware of "development schemes" for staff to develop. Level of nepotism in job opportunities is ridiculous "it's not what you know, it's who you know" is rife. Advertised jobs already earmarked to people, but process have to be followed to advertise but no intention to offer elsewhere. Interviews on points system, so people just can talk a good game and get the job and not because of experience and knowledge. Biased to Graduates put into management roles with no front line experience "on the tools'. Whilst knowledgeable staff get passed over. Different working standards and lack of effort between geographical teams doing the same job. Those teams bordering on corruption. With their approach. Senior management completely unaware of this. Wages disparity between departments with same transferable skills. In field roles. Total separation of field /office staff. Is like working for 2 different companies. Front line staff treated as second class citizens, when they are the ones who make the difference to customers perceptions of the company with their interactions and resolving issues, but not recognised at all. They do take pride in their work. No chance of transferring between roles across business with transferable skills, because recruiting managers look down their nose at field staff. No payrises in my role I've worked for 6 years, pay band not clear with what to work towards. Lack of communication between departments that are supposed to be supporting each other with lack of training for call centre staff for right questions to ask customers to get the right skills assigned to help them. Ie, sewage technicians called out to drinking water leakage jobs. And making customers unhappy and not giving a good impression of the company being organised if they have to then wait for the right person to attend. Scheduling of work using unsuitable software that creates unnecessary travelling between jobs. As a result not meeting customer levels of service. It systems have been upgraded but still feel like a cheap option used. Using contractors who do shoddy work with no checking of standard of work. Or cherry pick jobs and not do them and pass them back to aw staff.

1 person found this review helpful

Anglian Water Response

Firstly, thank you for providing your feedback. We are sorry to hear your concerns and would like to discuss your comments directly so we encourage you to speak to your HRBP in confidence to talk through the details of your comments. Thank you for taking the time to leave the initial comment.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Proud to work for this leading organisation

May 4, 2021 - Smart Water Strategy Manager in King's Lynn, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Anglian Water offers a diverse range of exciting career opportunities. A great culture, where employees are valued for their contribution. A real focus on employee wellbeing, flexible working, healthcare and additional support packages.

Cons

There are no real cons to working at AW, if there was one thing once you join you do not want to leave.

Recruitment Advisor

Thank you for leaving a 5 star review - no cons as well, this is great news!

8. 5.0

Brilliant place to work

Mar 2, 2021 - Head of Department in Lincoln, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture is really inclusive and welcoming. Absolutely driven by purpose in our area. Pay and reward is very good

Cons

Turns you into an AW asset/vehicle spotter wherever you go, you just cant stop doing it!!

Recruitment Advisor

Thank you so much for leaving us a review - its great to see 5 stars and over 10 years employment with us! Heres to many more!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Clear Vision, Mission and Objectives from leadership

Feb 25, 2021 - Procurement Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture at AW is really good, the people certainly make the organisation. Very clear direction in what they are trying to achieve. Communications across the business I fantastic. Appetite to do things "better". Care for staff wellbeing. Plans to be even more flexible after the pandemic.

Cons

A complex organisation that takes time to understand. Not necessarily a major negative, but one to be aware of. Time taken to implement changes can be a negative, but is recognised across the organisation and actively trying to address

Recruitment Advisor

Welcome to Anglian Water! Thank you for leaving this review!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Proud to work here

Apr 17, 2020 - Project Manager in Huntingdon, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Feel valued as an employee, great benefits package, career progression opportunities and personal development opportunities such as courses/qualifications, AW does a huge amount for the environment and local communities, friendly & helpful colleagues, great work/life balance, free car parking, flexible & agile working encouraged, mental health & wellbeing focused.

Cons

The only con I can think of is it's sometimes difficult to find a parking space

Recruitment Advisor

Hello and thanks for leaving a 5 star review!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 29 Reviews