Animal Logic Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated 16 May 2020

4.4
Animal Logic Managing Director Zareh Nalbandian (no image)
Zareh Nalbandian
Pros
Cons
  • "Short contracts, Animation pipeline is good but could be improved(in 3 reviews)

• "Work life balance doesn't exist - long hours 8-6 and no paid break(in 3 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great company"

Former Employee - Technical Director in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Animal Logic full-time

Pros

- Good social environment - Great people - Fairly organised compared to other studios - Robust pipeline compared to other studios

Cons

- Teething issues when the Vancouver studio first opened.

2. "A great company to push technical boundaries"

Current Employee - Senior Lighting Technical Director in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Animal Logic full-time

Pros

Heavy focus on RnD Great people and team culture Studio amenities (fortnightly lunch, Friday pastries, free espresso, etc)

Cons

Sometimes too much focus on building everything themselves instead of buying other solutions Large technical history and old code Lack of documentation - lots of “tribal knowledge”

3. "Animator"

Former Contractor - Animator in Sydney

I worked at Animal Logic for less than a year

Pros

great food, great people, great projects

Cons

salary is a little low

4. "Good Company for Animation Industry"

Former Employee - Production Coordinator

I worked at Animal Logic full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great People cool projects fun office environment

Cons

Legacy technology can be a bit of a problem lack of transparency too many video calls with overseas office. hard to work that way

"Everything is Awesome!"

Former Employee - Technical Animator in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Animal Logic full-time for less than a year

Pros

I loved working at AL, cannot recommend it enough. The social environment is positive and inspiring, the facility is beautiful, clean and well maintained, with an outdoor roof patio area for lunches or beer Friday time. They bring in free lunches every other Thursday and free breakfast every Friday. They even have an artist management team that checks in with you periodically to ask about your over all career goals at the company and offers ways to help you get there. Even after my contract ended, they continued to take care of me by sending my resume and reel out to other companies with their reverse recruitment program, and I started getting interviews right away, before I had even begun job hunting on my own. I appreciate that so much! Great projects, great people, great place to work.

Cons

We had to work some Saturdays during crunch time. There was rather alot of OT toward the end of the project, but I think that's become an industry standard unfortunately, and not really specifically a problem of this company.

6. "Production Coordinator"

Former Contractor - Production Coordinator in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Animal Logic for more than a year

Pros

- some great people on the crew - weekly Friday breakfasts, bi-weekly Thursday catered lunches - current location has gym in building

Cons

- proprietary database and tracking software - any suggestions to changing process, workflow or pipeline require countless meetings and vetting with Sydney studio

"Good experience for juniors not seniors"

Current Contractor - Digital Artist in Sydney

I have been working at Animal Logic for less than a year

Pros

- Working here is like being on a vacation at times. Flexible working hours. Come and go as you like as long as you cover your hours and get the work done. Your not monitored like a child or get forced to work like some companies do. - Get amazing food when working through lunch or dinner. Breakfast in the morning that is provided should improve. Some healthier cereal would be great. - People (Production, management and some artists) on average are very friendly and super nice. Very rare to see someone lose their cool and have an outburst. - HR department is very efficient and super nice. - Very good opportunity for juniors to get their feet wet in the industry. Just apply! - Good location and accessibility - Friday drinks and other events organised by the company is a good plus.

Cons

- You never get rewarded or recognised for your hard work or loyality at this company by your superiors or management. There is almost no room for growth in most departments and forget about getting a pay rise. Best bet is to leave and come back in order to get a significant pay rise. - Production department is close to a joke when it comes to efficiency and communication. Actually, overall communication across departments is a huge joke in itself. Funny, because that is one of the qualities required for employment. - RnD keeps making and breaking things at the same time which slows down production and creates chaos. - Artist managers are terrible at keeping their word and don't really care for the artists but rather look after the company's interest. They are very last minute with contracts extensions.

Continue reading

"Loved my time there"

Digital Artist in Sydney

I worked at Animal Logic for more than a year

Pros

Worked on some great projects with great people. Really powerful technology. The food is good and the Thursday buffet is fun. Good chairs. My department worked fairly good hours.

Cons

Sometimes have to work tough hours. Sydney is really expensive, and if you want to live near work it gets real pricy. But you don't want to live too far away on top of the sometimes long hours.

Continue reading
Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.