Apex Facility Resources Reviews

Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Jan 4, 2022 - Account Manager in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

great culture, very collaborative environment, everyone helps each other,

Cons

working remotely, I miss all the people

CEO/Founder

Thank you for your comments. We have worked very hard to create a collaborative culture. A culture where everyone feels welcomed and valued. It is because of people like you that we have been awarded Best Places to Work in Washington in 2021. Thank you for being part of the great culture here at Apex.

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great job if you are flexible with scheduling and don't mind hard work

Jan 29, 2021 - Warehouse Associate in Kent, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you are a hard working and flexible individual, this employer will be willing to work with you. They will train and assist you as much as possible and will reward a person who is wants to work with as many hours as they can give. Their benefits package is decent and they have a retirement plan is not terrible either.

Cons

You must be willing to be flexible with what hours you work to be successful in this job. It can be physically demanding and may require early or late hours. If you are not able to deal with rapidly changing objectives or schedules. This is not the job for you.

CEO/Founder

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate that you recognized that flexibility is key in certain positions especially in the warehouse. We do have to juggle the demands of our customers while taking into consideration the balance we want our employees to have in their lives. Some employees want as many hours as we can give them, and others prefer to work a standard 40 hour week. Depending on the role, it can be hard to accommodate everyone's scheduling needs. Thank you for taking the time to post your comment. I wish you all the best.

3. 2.0
    Former Employee

Assistant to the Controller

Jan 29, 2021 - Staff Accountant in Kent, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

It’s a very small company. Accounting team is just you and the controller. You get to do the whole accounting cycle.

Cons

Since it’s just 2 people, you are expected to be proficient in the accounting cycle to begin with

CEO/Founder

Thank you for your comment. Yes, in a technical position such as Staff Accountant knowing the accounting cycle is definitely a requirement. Simply having an accounting degree is not sufficient and once it was determined that we needed someone with more experience we made a change quickly to ensure we were able to make sure the person in this role is set up for success. Unfortunately, it didn't work out and we wish you all the best in your next endeavor.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Not just a job - A career

Nov 5, 2020 - Business Development Executive in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Apex rocks! I have been with the company for going on 4 years now and in that time have been supported and trained to advance my career within the company from assistant to sales executive. The leadership at Apex hold a lot of value in employees being ‘continuous learners’ and rewards hard work with competitive salaries, benefits and promotion within the company. They support personal growth and work-life balance as well. I recently returned from maternity leave and have been so impressed with how supportive and flexible the company has been in my transition back to work. The way I have seen them handle the pandemic and changing state of the industry has also been stellar.

Cons

A couple of years ago I could have had some gripes to insert here about communication between sales and operations, but the leadership heard our cries at the time and has worked tirelessly to solve the divides and make the necessary personnel changes needed to foster greater collaboration and mutual respect between teams.

CEO/Founder

Thank you for your comment. I suspect that, over the past 4 years, you have been an integral part of making Apex rock! We have worked hard to make Apex a great place to work for everyone. Thank you for being part of what makes Apex great, and welcome back!!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work!

Oct 15, 2020 - Account Manager in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Apex is a place where you can learn A TON and be supported in your outside quest for knowledge. Comradery among the team is felt and mutual respect is abundant. Even during the times of remote-only connection, the team mentality and support is really felt.

Cons

I can't think of any. Apex has risen to the occasion in the face of COVID, both from a business and safety POV.

CEO/Founder

Thank you for your comment. Over the many years of trying to find, hire and retain the 10% of the population that are A players, I'd say you are a reflection that our hard work in that regard has paid off. There is always more that can be done, but having you as part of the team at Apex means we are well on our way. Thank you for being part of what makes Apex a great place to work.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Amazing Team!

Oct 12, 2020 - Project Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

People, Benefits, Ownership, Culture, Opportunity

Cons

Parking at the main facility can be a pain

CEO/Founder

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate that you have acknowledged that the people, benefits, ownership, culture, and opportunity are all positive aspects of working at Apex. I couldn't agree with you more! Regarding the parking - I agree with you on that one as well. It isn't great yet somehow we pull together to make it work because that's how we roll.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Happy at Apex

Oct 9, 2020 - Project Coordinator in Kent, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the pros of working at Apex are the flexibility to be able to do our jobs effectively from our home offices. The care for our employees. The camaraderie and teamwork. I truly care about and like the people I work for and with.

Cons

Unfortunately, we do have employees that have to work in the field, positions that have to be performed at customer sites. It is unavoidable in this industry but hard for me to know that they face the pandemic and unrest out there everyday while I'm comfortable in my home office. To the crew, thank you for keeping us all going!

CEO/Founder

Thank you for your comment. Our ability to pivot quickly helped us navigate these uncharted waters. As you know, embracing change is one of the 4 traits that enables all of us to be successful at Apex. The coronavirus definitely tested our ability to embrace change earlier this year and it is reflected in your comments. I also share your sentiment about our incredible service teams. They haven't skipped a beat. Their safety and health is definitely top of mind for us all and we are doing everything we can to ensure their safety. Thank you for being part of the Apex family.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great place to work

Sep 30, 2020 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is a lot of opportunity for advancement in a dynamic industry

Cons

Varying schedules and work locations make it tough to get to know everyone

CEO/Founder

Thank you for your comment. It is important to me that employees at Apex have the opportunity to advance. Whether through learning new skills, taking on a supervisory role, or moving to a whole new department. People who thrive at Apex enjoy the variety that our industry provides. Thank you for being a valued member of the Apex family.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

The BEST employee culture and work life balance environment.

Sep 30, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work life balance, I feel truly cared for here by Leadership. They really care about their employees. Human Resources always checks in with us, she is always asking us what we need to be successful at our jobs. They celebrate our successes all the time. People are promoted from within, and our remote transition was smooth and supported much better than what I heard from friends of mine.

Cons

When we do work on-site it's at two locations, it's a drag considering how much we enjoy sharing ideas and each others company. We all get along so well that it would be nice to work in one building. Warehouse with admin, sales and Project coordinators, we all intermix well. There is no division of department or position, everyone likes each other.

CEO/Founder

Thank you for your comment. I am so glad that you feel supported and cared for. Our mission statement is something that is more than just words on a page. We really do strive to improve the lives of others whether it's through supporting each other during this tough time, making sure everyone has what they need to work remotely, taking Juneteenth off as a company holiday, or reaching out to our community to see what we can do to help our neighbors. Thank you for being an important part of the Apex family. I appreciate all that you do.

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Small company with poor leadership

Sep 19, 2020 - Truck Driver in Kent, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

You learn a lot, easy

Cons

Low pay, management that looks down on employees, no advancement, unfair treatment of employees, hostile work environment

President

Thank you for your comment. It appears that Apex was not a good fit for you. We have high expectations for every employee at Apex. Sometimes it doesn't work out for Apex or the employee and a change must be made. A positive attitude, being dependable, and the ability to communicate with your manager and co-workers are keys to success at Apex. We reward employees who demonstrate our Core Values and embody the 4 Traits that make someone successful at Apex - continuous learner, embraces change, finisher vs. starter, and a natural problem solver. I hope that you find a company that is more in alignment with your expectations and career goals.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 45 Reviews

Apex Facility Resources Reviews FAQs

Apex Facility Resources has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 45 reviews left anonymously by employees. 66% of employees would recommend working at Apex Facility Resources to a friend and 69% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Apex Facility Resources employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Apex Facility Resources. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

66% of Apex Facility Resources employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Apex Facility Resources 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.