AppDynamics Employee Reviews about "appd"

Updated Dec 9, 2020

Found 63 of over 802 reviews

4.6
AppDynamics VP/General Manager Linda Tong
Linda Tong
Pros
  • "Coming to AppD has been the best decision of my life(in 59 reviews)

• "Good community good work life balance(in 45 reviews)

• Cons
  • "We've experienced quite a bit of attrition over the past 12 months due to a perception that Cisco doesn't know "what to do with AppD"(in 40 reviews)

• "Work/life balance will require discipline - you must learn quickly to manage your time(in 39 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "appd"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company to grow with

Oct 26, 2020 - Software Engineer in Bangalore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good compensation Good work Under the Cisco umbrella

Cons

Sometimes Cisco problems affects the working of AppD

2. 5.0
      Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Awesome place to work n learn

Feb 19, 2019 - Software Engineer In Test in Bangalore
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's just been a while for me in AppD. One thing for sure, AppD strives to take best care of the employees. 1. Work culture is great. 2. Opportunity to learn numerous technologies. 3. Food is great . 4. Cross trainings frequently.

Cons

I haven't got any cons till now

AppDynamics Response

Talent Team

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at AppDynamics. It’s great to hear that you are enjoying the complimentary food, good work environment and the training opportunities that AppD provides. Thanks for being part of the team!

3. The latest conversations about Tech India

Join the conversation on
      Join the conversation on
    4. 5.0

Nice place to work

Dec 5, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Decent Salary 2. Unlimited WFH 3. Variety of snacks

Cons

Need to maintain the identity of Appd after merger with Cisco

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company with great opportunities

May 23, 2018 - Software Engineer-1 in Bangalore
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working with AppD for around 3 months now. - Company culture is good. - Great Learning opportunities as the company grows - Quality work in Bangalore office as well. A company with offices across countries generally tends to have this problem where one of the location might be getting redundant work, but it is not the case with AppDynamics.

Cons

Can't think of any for the moment.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work. Good work life balance

Mar 8, 2018 - Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore
      Business Outlook

Pros

A good place to work. people are good. good work-life balance. very good facilities and management opportunities to grow are very high

Cons

Too many interviews and more processes to remember (AppD as well as Cisco)

7. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Cisco's ever growing bureaucracy

Dec 9, 2020 - Manager Sales in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good and friendly co workers Opportunities to get real hands-on experience with challenging projects and task Great work-life balance (more life vs work)

Cons

No pay, promotions or merit increases Unending creep of Cisco bureaucracy. For a few years post-acq. Cisco was just a minor rare nuisance. Now, nearly half your meetings are with @cisco folks requiring or demanding more bureaucracy, more rules, more regulations, more compliance, governance, more change. If you were to ban all @cisco from contacting @appdynamics folks the productivity at AppD would skyrocket.

2 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Amazing coworkers / culture

Nov 13, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Still a solid company to grow in, and learn from the best. You will learn more at AppD than anywhere else and have a blast with fun, innovative, collaborative people!

Cons

More process with Cisco. But not enough cons to outweigh all of the great / positive things .

9. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Sinking Ship...not sure how long it will stay afloat

Oct 26, 2020 - Engineer in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Good culture and people - Provided snacks/meals and good benefits - Cool events pre-covid

Cons

- Almost all original directors are gone leaving the company in the hands of people whom don't have any qualifications in an executive level role - Attrition has never been higher - Product is monolithic and slow to adapt compared to competitors - Cisco is clamping down on the company and will completely run the show soon. The turtle-pace of Cisco will be the new normal - Annual layoffs will become a thing now at AppD - Haven't seen a well-run department yet. There are so many meetings and different misalignments that nothing gets done. Or if something gets done, it gets changed immediately after

11 people found this review helpful

AppDynamics Response

A member of the #WeAreCisco nation - HR team

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review! We love that you listed AppDynamics has a good culture, people and the shout outs for snacks/meals and cool events – pre-covid, of course. Regarding some of the items listed in your cons, acquisitions are undoubtedly hard we are committed to blending the best of AppD with Cisco. While this will take time as we adjust, learn, and grow together, we encourage you to continue sharing feedback with your leadership!

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Really proven themselves during difficult times

Jun 4, 2020 - Field Sales Representative in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Honestly, working at AppDynamics has been quite the rollercoaster. It's definitely not the same company it was in its start up phase, with many of the original senior leadership gone. That has its pros and cons. While the "old AppD" was hard going, with very poor work/life balance, and a culture to be proud of how far and hard you could push yourself, it was pretty much a baptism of fire. You were learning from the best how to be the best, if you were motivated by that then you come out the other side learning an unbelievable amount and having faster and better development into how to successfully and repeatedly run large enterprise software sales cycles. If you give it your all and persevere, management and leadership always have your back to the core. When things aren't working, they look at the data and find actual ways to improve, not empty suggestions to just "try harder". But make no mistakes, it is one of the hardest jobs you'll ever do. I've never known such a flat hierarchy structure where you're encouraged to engage with the global leadership team for your deals from early on in your career. Growth and development is paramount. That being said, I honestly can't say what it would be like for new hires now i feel the culture and training is very dependent on the individual managers continuing to drive the original culture. Finally, during Covid and the current uncertainty, AppD & Cisco have really proven themselves that they care. We're working from home, our safety is paramount. If you need to take time with your families it's encouraged. We had budget allocated to buy anything we needed to get our work from home set up . Business is still going well, but they are responding to what's happening in the world not shutting their eyes to it and pushing a business as usual agenda. The flat hierarchy leaves the communication between execs all the way through to new hires open.

Cons

There's definitely uncertainty at the moment in where the business is going with Cisco. I would say if you're still looking for the hard really intense start up culture that AppD used to have then you may have missed the boat. If you're looking for somewhere that still has unparalleled sales training, with more of a corporate culture, and want to learn how to cross sell a platform across an organisation rather than a single tool to specific userbase, then this is the right choice.

2 people found this review helpful
    11. 5.0

Best Decision of My Life

Mar 18, 2020 - Sales Engineer in Richardson, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Coming to AppD has been the best decision of my life. Having the backing of Cisco but the startup vibe of AppD has created an amazing workplace! The product is truly amazing and solves really big problems for businesses. Getting to be surrounded by so much raw talent, a great product and fun customers is a privilege.

Cons

Typical with sales but turnover with the account managers can be frustrating as an SE.

1 person found this review helpful