AppFolio Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

4.5
AppFolio President and CEO Jason Randall
Jason Randall

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work/life balance is a priority" (in 34 reviews)

• "Company culture is second to none" (in 38 reviews)

Cons
  • "No cons outside of the expected stresses of a Customer Success position" (in 23 reviews)

• "They are head-quartered in Santa Barbara" (in 18 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"What's Not to Love?"

Current Employee - Implementation Manager in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Implementation Manager in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company knows how to hire! I get the pleasure of working alongside quality and driven people-- all day long. From the top-down, the culture at AppFolio is one of a kind. Whether you are a top exec or brand new to the company, everybody is somebody here. My input is valued and my development is as important to my managers as it is to me.

In my 2.5 years at AppFolio, I have had 3 promotions and the opportunities are endless. With multiple Professional Development opportunities and courses available, I am truly in control of my career path.

We are constantly collaborating with other departments, which creates a challenging yet rewarding environment. Work hard, play hard. We celebrate our successes!

Other than the above-- catered lunches, unlimited snacks, happy hours, holiday parties, ping pong tournaments, Mario Kart races AND amazing benefits.. the list goes on. I also love that AppFolio puts a huge focus on giving back to the community (big win!).

Cons

No cons at this time, other than too many snacks in the kitchen...

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. I love that in the past 2.5 years, I have seen us grow incredibly fast, yet I still feel as valued from day one as I do today. Management, from our CEO to our Department Managers, all take the time to know us as individuals. Our input matters. Do what you can to keep this-- as it sets AppFolio apart from other companies.

AppFolio Response

31 May 2018 – CMO

Your input definitely matters - as we grow we continue to work on ways to increase the collaboration, teamwork and development for our employees. Thank you for taking the time to write such a... More

2. "Great environment!"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No matter if you work in Dallas, or Santa Barbara, the culture travels and everyone is so positive, encouraging and motivated across all corners of AppFolio!

Cons

No cons at this time :)

3. "Great place to start a sales career"

Current Employee - BDR in Goleta, CA (US)
    Current Employee - BDR in Goleta, CA (US)

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I started at AppFolio nearly two years ago as an intern (Data Quality Coordinator). From day one, I was given numerous opportunities and was able to make an immediate impact. The company rewards hard work and gives you the autonomy to find new ways to improve the role. The BDR program comes with great mentorship and offers a logical path into software sales. You are constantly working with the sales team so it's an easy way to learn about that role. Going into the BDR program with an open mind and a strong work ethic will help you hit the ground running. If you are interested in software sales but still need experience, this is a great option.

Cons

Nothing negative to say about AppFolio

4. "Couldn't have asked for a better company to start my career with!"

Current Employee - BDR
    Current Employee - BDR

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I started as an intern (Data Quality Coordinator) at AppFolio nearly two years ago. From day one, I was given numerous opportunities and was able to make an immediate impact. I had an interest in sales and worked my way into the BDR program. During my time as a BDR, I had the pleasure of working with driven co-workers and received great coaching from management. The BDR role gives great insight into the sales role because you are constantly in communication with that team. If you are interested in software sales but still need to gain some experience then I highly recommend this role/company.

Cons

I don't have anything bad to say about my time at AppFolio

"It's all up and to the right and it gets better as we grow"

Current Employee - Manager, Onboarding Services in Richardson, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Manager, Onboarding Services in Richardson, TX (US)

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been at AppFolio just shy of 2 years and in that short time I've moved from a more entry-level position of Data Migration Specialist in the onboarding department all the way to managing an entire team in the onboarding department. The growth potential here is insane and I'm not an outlier. Most of my peers have moved up to senior or manager positions as well. My department alone has more than doubled in size since I've been here.

I've been at several companies before starting at AppFolio and my only shame is that it took me this long to find it. It still blows my mind that this is some people's 1st or 2nd job. I can't imagine where I'd be today if I started here 8-10 years ago instead of grinding it out at other companies. It sounds cliche to talk about the "culture" but that's exactly what keeps me at AppFolio. The company truly cares about its employees and it shows across compensation, benefits packages, PTO, and all the great amenities they provide.

Beyond that, they deliver a truly amazing product that I feel confident standing behind which makes my interactions with customers all so much easier. I've been at companies before where I didn't believe in the product or level of service we provided and as such it was hard to feel invested in the company or want to stay. AppFolio is basically the opposite of that.

To sum it all up, I'm here for the long haul.

Cons

It used to be my commute but I've invested in a home nearby so now it's not an issue.

Advice to Management

None

"Amazing Culture and Constant Growth Opportunities"

Current Employee - Senior Customer Success Manager in Goleta, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Success Manager in Goleta, CA (US)

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone at AppFolio is extremely welcoming and friendly, I even had several people stop by to encourage me when I was walking in for my interview. One of my favorite things about AppFolio is that I get to go into work every day with a group of incredibly talented people who are also down to earth and friendly. It creates
     an inspiring workplace culture where I feel consistently challenged but also excited to come in and contribute.

Additionally, there have been constant growth opportunities as we continue to grow so there are always new challenges to focus on developing my career. AppFolio does a great job of being transparent about the requirements to move into new roles and providing resources to enable us to get there.

Cons

No major cons to think of, working in Customer Success can be stressful at times but they do a great job of mitigating that with different events, snacks and hiring people who make it fun to come to work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! One of the things that really differentiates AppFolio is the culture and I am grateful there is such an emphasis on maintaining this as we grow.

7. "Fast Paced, Great Benefits, Awesome Growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA (US)

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing culture, clear company objectives, and values
    Fast paced growth,
    Company has a bright future, focused leaders
    SaaS is a lot of work, and a lot of fun.

Cons

Tight office space due to growth
    Very fast pace of change can be hard to keep up with
    Can create silos to stay focused

Advice to Management

Keep it going! Stay connected to the hard working people who make Appfolio operate.

8. "Great company culture"

I worked at AppFolio full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a great company culture

Cons

There are some unrealistic expectations

"Excellent company to grow your career!"

Current Employee - Customer Engagement Manager in Goleta, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Engagement Manager in Goleta, CA (US)

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Work Hard - You will be Noticed (AppFolio mentors and promotes within the company. I have had 2 promotions in 1.5 years)

-Work/Life Balance (People rarely take work home and there is no expectation of working outside of normal business hours)

-Goes Above & Beyond for Employees (free food, free drinks, workout classes, holiday fun, company BBQs, happy hours, the list goes on and on)

-Exciting Outlook (AppFolio has BIG plans for the future, and it is exciting to be part of it!)

-Make a Difference (AppFolio truly thinks about our customers, our environment and is making a difference in our community & nationally)

Cons

Honestly cannot think of any. I have worked at many other companies and nothing compares to AppFolio!

Advice to Management

-Continue to invest in employees
    -Continue to be transparent at all levels of the company

"What an amazing opportunity!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX (US)

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This has been an amazing journey so far at AppFolio! I’ve been with the company for over 2 years and it’s been an amazing experience. In those 2 years I've had 2 promotions, worked with an amazing group of people, and had endless support from leadership for growth & career development.

Appfolio hires such amazing people and that’s what makes it such a great company. Over 20 days of PTO, fully stocked kitchen and snacks, free catered lunches, company outings & events, the list goes on.

Cons

There are currently no cons.