AppFolio Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

4.5
AppFolio President and CEO Jason Randall
Jason Randall

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great management and a very welcoming culture with a true sense of work/life balance (in 18 reviews)

• AppFolio invests heavily in hiring the right people and maintaining an amazing company culture (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • No cons to think of at this time (in 13 reviews)

• Salaries in Customer success are low compared to the requirements of the job and the work load (in 8 reviews)

"Culture, Performance and Opportunity"

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Smart and efficient employees that happen to be just about the nicest people imaginable. Culture is a source of pride here, and it sustains and energizes the teams. In short, this is not culture at the expense of performance, but culture + performance = amazing place to work.

Cons

No cons, outside of a disclaimer on acclimation: some folks can find it hard to adjust to a friendlier technology environment than they are used to.

"An all-around awesome company"

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

AppFolio is an awesome company that has stayed true to its company values; that great people make a great company.

Its built for long-term success and still feels like a small, agile start-up.
    And we are on an incredible trajectory of continued, sustainable growth.

Hard work pays off if you want to continue to grow your career as AppFolio and invests a ton in professional growth and training.

Our Leadership is very transparent and approachable which makes it great to have alignment on goals that every team can understand, where they make an impact to the business, and most importantly how that helps our customers in their business.

The benefits and company culture are awesome, and the work/life balance makes for very happy employees!

Cons

There are a lot of free snacks and food so you need to be very disciplined in watching your waistline.

Advice to Management

Keep up the transparency on communicating the vision and goals of AppFolio. It is very inspiring! I love seeing that our leadership has been here since the beginning and have continued to be aligned in setting goals that drive growth.

3. "Amazing Culture, Even Better People"

Former Employee - Software Engineer
    Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at AppFolio full-time

Pros

People, Culture, Work Life Balance, Location (Weather, Beach, Not Crowded)

Cons

Not located in a large, well-renowned tech hub, but Santa Barbara still has a very strong and active tech-community thanks to UCSB and several successful local companies. Sometimes too slow and careful to experiment with and adopt new technologies.

Advice to Management

Do everything you can to keep the culture and values in place as the company continues to grow. Continue hiring really intelligent folks who embody the culture and values. Be more willing to experiment with and adopt new technologies. Give more engineers the freedom to use new technologies if/when they fit the use case well.

5. "Five Stars!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA (US)

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

AppFolio is a fabulous company, all the way around! We build products that make the lives of our customers easier and help to fuel their business success (check out the countless number of testimonials from our customers on appfolio.com and mycase.com). We have an amazing leadership team and hire passionate, driven employees that make AppFolio an enjoyable place to come to work every day and make us proud to sport the countless number of shirts and other swag we’ve received around town. AppFolians also love giving back to our communities, as evidenced by the endless number of fundraisers, volunteer opportunities (AF now offers free volunteer days too so you don’t have to use PTO to spend time volunteering), and even initiatives to improve our environmental sustainability in the workplace.

It has been so exciting to see AppFolio grow over the years and to see all of the aggressive goals that we’ve set obtained year after year. AppFolio has grown in a respectable fashion by making smart investments rather than frivolous purchases, which set the company up for long-term success. Along with the business growth have come tremendous personal growth opportunities. While AppFolio encourages employees to own their careers, they also go to great lengths to develop and retain their top talent and invest heavily in personal and professional growth opportunities to help them be successful.

Cons

It's been a challenge to avoid all of the temptations around the office. From the weekly bagel deliveries to the shelves and fridges full of snacks to the regular Happy Hours and celebrations, it can be very easy to overindulge. I should be spending more time in the daily lunch workout classes instead!

Advice to Management

Keep making smart investments. Keep making big bets. Keep thinking two steps ahead. Keep being transparent with employees. Keep hiring great people. Keep rewarding and investing in the top talent. Keep empowering individuals and small teams to drive improvements. Keep celebrating success...and you'll Keep me!

"Fun place to grow career"

Current Employee - Marketing Automation Specialist in Santa Barbara, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Marketing Automation Specialist in Santa Barbara, CA (US)

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun work environment
    Supportive team atmosphere
    Career growth opportunities
    Great to network within the company

Cons

Long morning coffee line - started bringing own coffee

7. "Best career decision I've made"

I have been working at AppFolio full-time

Pros

There are many reasons why I'm happy to come to work each day at AppFolio but one of the main ones is feeling like I'm making a great investment in my career. Surrounding yourself with people who believe in you and want to see you succeed makes all the difference - and that really stands out to me at AppFolio.

Beyond all the awesome perks, it's the people and the promise of growth and possibility that really has me grateful for being a part of this company. I admire the leadership for making this a priority (especially as the company has grown) and continuing to recognize and celebrate the potential in each employee.

Cons

None that stand out at the moment..

Advice to Management

Keep putting your employees (and customers) first and being quick to recognize talent. It's really set you apart from the rest!

8. "Best job I've ever had"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Goleta, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Goleta, CA (US)

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is the only place I've worked where people are happy when they arrive, happy in the middle of the day, and happy when they leave. AppFolio's worked very hard to recruit positive people and it shows.

AppFolio also works hard to keep everyone involved in the company's future. I never feel like I don't know what's going on with our business and I know I have a part to play.

Cons

Customers think we can do anything so they ask for everything! But that's not really a con. It just means we stay busy. But some business cards to hand out and/or brag with would be great.

9. "Great company and place to work"

Current Employee - Director, V+ Services
    Current Employee - Director, V+ Services

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Culture, co-workers and success. We are building great products for people and its a lot of fun.

Cons

I don't have anything to say

"The Best Company to Work For!"

I have been working at AppFolio full-time

Pros

- Great company culture.
    - Leaders listen to your input and value your opinion.
    - Surrounded by smart, inspiring individuals.
    - Fast growing company, so there's room for career growth if you apply yourself.
    - Teams become friends outside of work.
    - Kitchen is stocked, workout classes, gym discounts, health/ dental plan, 401K, pet friendly, charity giving events, paid day off for volunteering, 20 day PTO.

Cons

None- thoroughly enjoy working here.

11. "Great OnBoarding and Career Opportunities!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA (US)

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people
    Awesome Management
    Opportunity to learn and add to your skill set
    Company Cares about their employees

Cons

none to think of its a great place!

Advice to Management

Keep the great communication going and continue to provide paths for career advancement.