Apple Employee Reviews about "hard to move"
89% would recommend to a friend
(64 total reviews)
97% approve of CEO
What people are saying about Apple
5 months ago
Hello Fishes ! Actually I am not working in Apple (I can't edit that). I am working in a Service based company and I am a java backend developer with 7 years of experience. Currently I am getting 26.5(25 fixed + 1.5 variable). Actually I got this package 1.5 years back. After that no Hike. There is no reporting manager from my org I need to report directly to the Client manager In a few months my project is going to end. What do I want to do ? Jump to a new org or stay ?
a year ago
LIST of international companies hiring directly from India. These companies support VISA & relocation as well. LONDON - Google - Amazon - Apple - Meta - Bloomberg - Citadel - Spotify - SnapChat - Bytedance - Yelp - Vercel - Bulb - Mobiquity - Expensify - Free Now - Marks & Spencer - EF Education First - Contentful - Canva - Intercom - Curve - The Lego group - Plaid - Transferwise - Palantir Technologies - Algolia - Revolut - PayFit - SumUp - Trainline - Deliveroo - Collibra - Hashicorp - OneFoot
Got a burning question about Apple? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Apple employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great benefits like full health insurance and discounts on products and bet of all share purchases with big discount." (in 4870 reviews)
- "Working from home is great and the people you work with and meet are the best." (in 2458 reviews)
- "the pay is good and it can be a fun job where you can make friends in a non" (in 2138 reviews)
- "Great culture and a really genuine commitment by the company to develop and grow as a person." (in 1023 reviews)
- "The team is great and you bound with peers that make your days easier and manage the overall stress" (in 712 reviews)
- "No work life balance (made you feel bad about taking time off for mental health reasons)" (in 1375 reviews)
- "Poor management and tolls" (in 1204 reviews)
- "Long hours and have to take calls back to back Didn't enjoy the job at all." (in 811 reviews)
- "But know that there is 0 accountability for bad managers and so there are toxic teams that go undetected." (in 803 reviews)
- "They are very hard on you about taking time off and want you to always be at everything." (in 223 reviews)
Found 64 of over 41T reviews
Updated 28 Nov 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "hard to move"Return to all Reviews
- 5.08 Aug 2016Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, less than 1 yearSan Diego, CA
Great company and amazing benefits overall. Competitive pay for level of position. Would work there just for the employees.
Hard to move vertical and develop career without an advance degree with years and years of experience.3
- 5.029 Apr 2016SpecialistCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearCincinnati, OH
Awesome company to work for. Love the people that I work with, my benefits (even as part-time), and the atmosphere.
Sometimes I feel like it is hard to try and move up in the company.1
- 4.016 May 2022Operation SpecialistCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsNew York, NY
Great benefits for full time Specialists, you can gain a vast amount of experience while working here. Very diverse work environment and most of the employees are friendly.
Work/ life balance needs drastic improvement. The benefits for part time Specialists can be way better especially for this company that can actually afford it. Not all the managers have good development skills which can make it hard for you to move up in the company.
- 4.02 Jul 2016SpecialistCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearNaples, FL
People that work at Apple are amazing. Great Benefits for all types of employees. Fast paced environment year round no matter what location you are in.
Hard to move up in the company since there are so many great people that you are going up against. Not many stores so it's hard to find open positions.
- 5.020 Nov 2021BuyerFormer Employee, more than 10 yearsAustin, TX
Lots of perks Products discount Good Food
It was hard to move up as a manager if you don't have people management skills.
- 3.08 Mar 2023Sales SpecialistFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsLondon, England
Apple has interesting roles in their stores, and are fulfilling and interesting for the 1st few months, but after 6 months or more, if you want to grow, it becomes hard and difficult to move around. unless you have a good connection with your manager, things can become a bit steal! some good perks in the job, pay is ok, but certainly could be better. and there should be a better pathway for the who want to move forward and develop career.
Hard to move forward and develop your career unless you are good buddies with management.
- 5.017 Feb 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsAustin, TX
Amazing Benefits and great work environment!
Really hard to move up and pay can be stagnant.
- 4.024 Sept 2014Apple GeniusFormer Employee, more than 1 yearSouth San Francisco, CA
Leadership was good, The salary and hours were more than fair. The company values were okay. I would recommend this job to someone else.
The training took way to long. It is very hard to move up and the work life balance isn't great. It can be hard to be in a retail setting all day.