Aptify Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jan 17, 2021

Found 17 of over 111 reviews

3.3
Aptify CEO JP Guilbault (no image)
JP Guilbault
Pros
  • "Easy to maintain a work-life balance(in 10 reviews)

• "Nice people, good benefits like unlimited PTO and good 401K matching(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Everything is cons, salary, work life balance , politics(in 7 reviews)

• "Can be occasional long hours as can happen with smaller company where people wear many hats (a pro for those who like to wear many hats)(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech India

Join the conversation on

Tech India

6.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/tech-india/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.in&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Aptify~15699
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good Company to Work

Aug 2, 2018 - Senior Software Engineer in Pune
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance. Flexibility to work in terms of time.

Cons

Nothing found anything. HR team can shout fun activities.

2. 2.0

Big No

Jan 17, 2021 - Software Developer in Pune
      Business Outlook

Pros

nothing to be described as such

Cons

Everything is cons, salary, work life balance , politics

3. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Decent Place to learn. Not a place to stay for long

Oct 2, 2020 - Software Engineer in Pune
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good learning opportunity for individuals with low experience. Good hands on experience for freshers. Easy to maintain a work-life balance. RnD team members do get some interesting work occasionally. Decent place to work for the majority of people in tech.

Cons

Technology is completely outdated and there is no scope of moving to newer tech(the product uses it's own variation of the entity framework). Working here for long could restrict many future opportunities since you will have no exposure to new tech or frameworks(eg: MVC, Angular, React). Average employee tech knowledge in India is quite poor. Promotions will be based more on tenure than on skillset(more like a government office). Quite a lot of people in management have very less or no technical knowledge and this leads to a demotivating environment. Interviews are rarely based on any practical knowledge and more on things that can be mugged up.

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 1.0

Worst Company ever

Apr 4, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Pune
      Business Outlook

Pros

Bad management. Work life balance Less projects Old technology Poor HR management team

Cons

Nothing good about this org.

2 people found this review helpful
    5. 3.0
      Current Employee

Aptify software solutions

Oct 24, 2019 - QA Engineer in Pune
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work life balance. Good facilities. Really good projects with latest technologies.

Cons

Not as such so far.

6. 3.0
      Former Employee

Worked for 3 years at Aptify.

Jun 24, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance. HR policies are good.

Cons

There is no cons available.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

If you are hard working and dedicated, you can create excellent opportunities in Aptify

Aug 21, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Pune
      Business Outlook

Pros

One of the best companies I have worked with. Aptify has flexibility and is sensitive to employee work life balance. If you are serious about your career, Aptify can provide excellent opportunities to grow.

Cons

NA nothing specific to mention at this point. Sometimes it's hectic to handle manipulations and drama by Managers but guess they have their own reasons to behave with such low dignity

4 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thank you for the review! We appreciate you taking the time to provide your thoughts and the 5-star rating. I would like to request that using any source you feel comfortable with (one example is the anonymous feedback tool within AlignToday), let us know more about the comments you made about managers, the way you described it is concerning to me. Always feel free to reach out directly as well, I would love to hear from you. -Amith (202) 368-0533 amith@aptify.com

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Excellent Company to work with

Mar 5, 2015 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

1.excellent work-life balance 2.great place to work 3.Good Culture, open minded people, No hidden policies 4.Good learning experience

Cons

nothing much. Great Place to work

CEO

Wow! What a great review, thank you! I am happy to hear that you're having a positive experience and feel the team, culture and learning opportunities are all positive. Please know that as time goes on as you have ideas for improvement, they are very much desired. Always feel free to share any and all feedback with me (202-368-0533/cell or amith.nagarajan@aptify.com) or with anyone else. The way we have been able to grow the culture into what it is today is the continuous feedback and ideas from team members, so thanks in advance for contributing to this. -Amith

9. 2.0
      Former Employee

Culture in name only

Oct 23, 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

- A lot professional opportunities - Coworkers up to mid-management are fun to be around and hard working. - Flexible schedule

Cons

- Company has a cheerleader mentality and frowns upon employees who bring up concerns. - Work/life balance is minimal, even if it seems otherwise at first. - Senior management only cares about making their own jobs as easy as possible and does not care about actual company or employees. - Values are talked about, but when push comes to shove are often overlooked.

10 people found this review helpful

Director, People and Culture

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to see you experienced valuable professional opportunities and great co-workers while here. We do try very hard to create a balance between a flexible working environment and an environment which fosters strong collaboration. Within the past year specifically we have rolled out a number of new tools and processes to enable us to be more efficient. The end goal is to improve service to our clients and make day to day tasks easier for all of our team members. All of our team members, including the Senior Management Team, must be accountable to meeting expectations as we move forward with these new tools and processes. We encourage all of our employees to bring concerns to their team lead or further up the chain of command if needed. I myself have an open door/open communication policy, and truly mean it when I say that I wish I heard directly from our employees more often. If you have specific concerns please contact me at amith.nagarajan@aptify.com or our Director of Culture & People, Julia Lang at Julia.lang@aptify.com. Thank you again for your comments.

10. 3.0

morale on the decline

May 12, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Clifton, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

good culture, free snacks/drinks, good people

Cons

too many processes, salary not comparable to market rate. work/life balance is limited

4 people found this review helpful

CEO

I appreciate your review of your experiences at Aptify. You have highlighted a particular struggle that many companies have when faced with substantial growth. Balancing the need for structure and stability with concrete business process while also keeping agile and entrusting the growing team to act autonomously. While the team leaders work hard and meet regularly to address this challenge, we are very interested in hearing team member suggestions for achieving this balance. As for the comment regarding competitive salary and work/life balance. We use a number of outside resources to determine our salary ranges in each specific market. This research allows us to stay competitive with other similar companies but there are resource limitations when it comes to competing with larger organizations with seemingly unlimited resources. Therefore, we design the culture, perks and benefits to create value for our team. As one example, we have an Unlimited Paid Time Off policy. If you would like to speak further about this topic, I encourage you to reach out directly to me at amith.nagarajan@aptify.com or if you prefer, to our Director for Culture and People, Julia Lang at Julia.Lang@aptify.com Thank you for your review.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 17 Reviews