Asbury Communities Reviews

Updated Sep 26, 2021

Found 113 of over 118 reviews

3.4
Asbury Communities President and CEO Doug Leidig (no image)
Doug Leidig
Pros
  • "great pay(in 4 reviews)

• "I love working at Asbury Methodist Village(in 4 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No cons to share about Asbury Communities(in 6 reviews)

• "short staffed(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year
      Featured Review

Great place to work

Sep 21, 2021 - Voice Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very good place to work. Need to agile and new challenges. Great team and leadership.

Cons

Like most companies especially not for profit, we continue to wear many hats to keep our selves organized.

Director of Digital Marketing

Thank you for recognizing our great teams and leadership. Associate engagement and passion is a crucial part of our success and we are proud to be a Great Place to Work-certified organization for the fourth year in a row. We know that working not-for-profit can create the need to wear many hats, but we are incredibly grateful to you and your colleagues for "doing all the good you can" for those we serve every day.

2. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Terrible place to work

Sep 26, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Erie, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The residents and frontline employees are great. The physical surroundings are beautiful.

Cons

Senior leadership at corporate does not care about employees. They do not follow their own policies and they shamelessly lie to your face. Leadership on the ground at the Springhill location in Erie is even worse. They play favorites and are racist.

Director of Digital Marketing

As part of our Mission to “do all the good we can,” we hold to a strong set of guiding principles including higher purpose, trust, and accountability – each of which are a cornerstones of the sacred work we do. At Asbury, we expect and demand a respectful workplace where differences are valued. Asbury leadership, across all levels and communities, cares deeply about associates and recognizes them as a valued partner in providing excellent care to the residents we serve. All reported concerns are treated seriously and are fully investigated. If you would like to share with us specifics related to your experience, please contact us at (301) 250-2100 or Feedback@Asbury.org.

3. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

It’s a job

Sep 22, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The health benefits are good and most of the employees are nice

Cons

Some supervisors could care less about burnout, toxic positivity, superiors who hardly know how to do their own jobs nevermind supervise people effectively, and blatantly unbalanced work loads.

Director of Digital Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and recognizing our health benefits and outstanding associates. It has been a difficult 18 months for those working in senior living and healthcare fields. We take great pride in the hopeful mindset that we cast for associates as we build our future together. Asbury remains a purpose-driven workplace that is dedicated to listening to those closest to the process and understanding their experiences. As such, we would appreciate an opportunity to hear more from you. Please reach to Human Resources at (301) 250-2100 or Feedback@Asbury.org.

4. 4.0

Asbury

Aug 23, 2021 - Dining Room Attendant in Gaithersburg, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very good high school job

Cons

Dining room had Bad management

Director of Digital Marketing

Thank you for your review and rating. You are central to our Mission to do all the good we can! We would love to hear more about your experience. Please reach out to us at Feedback@Asbury.org.

5. 5.0

great place

Jul 20, 2021 - VCCO in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

good solid management team and focus

Cons

pay is not as good as for profit

Director of Digital Marketing

Thank you for the 5-star rating and comments about the management and focus of our organization. We are proud to offer associates competitive pay that reflects the skills and experience required to do our work.

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Poor management

Aug 12, 2021 - Registered Nurse in Maryville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Can’t recommend a thing good. High management turnover. Not enough staff. Inconsistent with rules across the board.

Cons

Poor communication. Staffing issue never enough. More travelers than full-time staff. Residents are not receiving quality care due to constant staffing needs.

Director of Digital Marketing

We are sorry to hear that this was your experience. Working in senior living healthcare during a pandemic can be demanding, and we are grateful for the work our associates do every day to ensure the safety of the community. We take the comments here about communication, staffing, manager-associate relationships, and leadership seriously as we strive to be an employer of choice. We are dedicated to the safety and well-being of the residents we serve as well as being a great place to work for all associates. We would appreciate an opportunity to hear more from you. Please reach out to the Human Resources Team at (865) 738-2847.

7. 2.0
      Former Employee

Fake

Jul 19, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I believed all the words about do all the good you can. Then we were stabbed in the back. Revenue is first. Cuts impact care and overwork employees. Really a shame.

Cons

Revenue is down so focus is on that

Director of Digital Marketing

We are very sorry to hear that this was your experience. The challenges brought by COVID-19 have impacted people and organizations worldwide. We are working diligently to continue to provide the best possible service for our residents and clients while showing the deep appreciation we have for our associates, including paying a living wage in all of our markets. The Asbury leadership team is working diligently on processes that will attract and retain best-in-class associates, including work/life balance and compensation, and we value this feedback. We would appreciate an opportunity to hear more from you about your experience. Please reach out our Human Resources Team at 301-250-2100.

8. 3.0

Decent pay

Apr 9, 2021 - Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in Maryville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent pay, good insurance, set schedule

Cons

Poor communication, lack of management

Director of Digital Marketing

Thank you for your time in providing feedback and for recognizing the great compensation and benefits we offer. We take the comments here about communication and leadership seriously, as this is not the experience we seek to provide for our associates. We are dedicated to being a great place to work and would appreciate an opportunity to hear more from you. Please reach out to the Human Resources Team at (865) 738-2847.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Renovation and service plumber

Mar 10, 2021 - Plumber Apprentice in Gaithersburg, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Assuring that we do a complete well done job

Cons

Not Appreciated by management as a team

Director of Digital Marketing

Thank you for your review and feedback. We know that our associates take great pride is the work they do for the residents we serve and are glad to hear you feel the same!

10. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Poor Communication and Leadership

Mar 18, 2021 - Nursing Supervisor in Maryville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Compensation, Benefits, Hours, Advancement, Location

Cons

Poor communication about company changes, inability to call out sick without a guilt trip, Leadership is toxic and a revolving door. Subpar orientation and training period

1 person found this review helpful

Director of Digital Marketing

Thank you for your time in providing feedback and for recognizing the great compensation and benefits we offer. We take the comments here about communication and leadership seriously, as this is not the experience we seek to provide for our associates. We are dedicated to being a great place to work and would appreciate an opportunity to hear more from you about your time with us. Please reach out to our Human Resources Team at (865) 738-2847.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 113 Reviews