Asurion Technical Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Asurion Technical Consultant Reviews

Updated 14 Nov 2019

Asurion CEO Tony Detter
Tony Detter
  1. "Good company, retail environment stinks"

Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Asurion full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good company . Benefits . Bonuses

Cons

Retail hours and schedule No job security if you cannot sell

Asurion2019-11-15
  2. "It’s ok"

Former Employee - Technical Consultant

I worked at Asurion full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fun work. That’s it.

Cons

Not enough pay, not enough workers, commission structure based on not helping the customer.

Asurion2019-11-13

"Overall, not a bad company"

Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Madison, TN

I have been working at Asurion full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company cares about their employees and will go out of their way to help them.

Cons

They expect too much out of the bottom of the line employee and they do not offer competitive pay for all that is required.

Asurion2019-09-19

"Not bad, but there was no real future or sense of direction in my position."

Former Employee - Technical Consultant

I worked at Asurion full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun to learn about and repair phones

Cons

No room for growth, required metrics always changed and were added on, making repair secondary.

Advice to Management

Please keep job requirements separate, repair should not have to sell insurance.

Asurion2019-09-09

"Stay Away from Asurion"

I have been working at Asurion full-time for more than a year

Pros

The benefits/pay are great and you get around 22 days per year off for vacation.

Cons

The point system for attendance where you get points even with a Dr's note stating you are too contagious to be in public is ridiculous. Every bonus I have received has been late due to an "error" in the payroll department and can take upwards of a month to receive. Management can't keep staff in stores due to the oppressive nature of this company so repair centers are constantly understaffed and over worked. If you... are good at your job, you get to do everyone elses' job as well with no extra pay, just extra staff meetings you are required to attend to explain why the stores numbers are so low, even if you are not a lead or any type of management. The actual management has no sense of what is happening at a store level and is constantly changing or updating the rules, often with no communication and any complaints seem to fall on deaf ears. They just repeat, "It'll get better," and continue to let the repair centers unravel and their overworked employees suffer while adding more responsibilities to their plate.

Advice to Management

Get a set or rules and guidelines and stick to them. Treat your employees like you actually value the work they are putting in for you, pay us our promised bonus' on time and stop delegating leadership responsibilities to people who are not in management.

Asurion2019-07-18

"Stressful"

Current Employee - Technical Consultant

I have been working at Asurion full-time

Pros

Pay is ok i guess? Benefits are not bad.

Cons

No opportunity to move up, have to deal with clown customers all day and you get held to an impossible standard by silly metrics.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and get rid of the dumb metrics.

Asurion2019-05-18

"I wasted 5 years to find the guy I trained was making more hourly."

Former Employee - Technical Consultant in Denver, CO

I worked at Asurion full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Insurance, PTO after tenure, difficult to get fired from

Cons

Zero resources beyond local department, conflict resolutions are never handled by management and take ages to resolve leaving you to fend off angry customers. "Incentive Bonus" program is stacked against you. They use bell curve scoring to avoid paying bonuses, they hold you accountable to an exchange quota that you cannot control due to policy and administrative changes, Constantly insist on you forcing carrier... applications on customers devices (often done so fraudulently to avoid harassment by many in your district). I received approx a .75 cent raise over a 5 year period. The company is apathetic to your position, considering you expendable. Asurion will take any opportunity to avoid paying their employees, make sure to watch your time card and record even 1 - 2 minutes of differences. Was denied a bonus to my department due to a 20 min difference over a single months time.

Advice to Management

Acknowledge your employees concerns, take action to show what leadership is. Spend time in your stores. I rarely saw management, when I did it was never to assist with day to day but simply a measurement of metrics that are well known to both parties to be based on uncontrollable variables created by corporate. Be honest with your employees. Nothing is more insulting to find that your 5 year tenure and knowledge... were being used to train someone who was hired at a higher hourly rate. I quit about 20 min ago and have not felt this good in over 3 years. Good Riddance

Asurion2019-05-18
  8. "Great company"

Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Asurion full-time for more than a year

Pros

Real opportunity for career advancement Management actually listens to employees

Cons

You have to start from the bottom

Advice to Management

Continue to grow and develop employees

Asurion2019-04-08

"Company has a LONG way to go"

Former Employee - Technical Consultant in O'Fallon, MO

I worked at Asurion full-time for less than a year

Pros

You get to work on the newest phones

Cons

Everything else is a con

Advice to Management

Get new management

Asurion2019-04-24
  10. "Great Company, but..."

I have been working at Asurion part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They treat you really well and constantly want feedback from their employees on how they can do better. Yearly raises contingent on performance!

Cons

The BIGGEST downside is there is virtually no room for growth. Say you are a technical consultant, the next step is a lead tech of the store, and then the next step is a manager position. There's no other positions that you can take, and managers spend YEARS in their job. It's easy to get stuck there and not grow with the company. Also, they say that they only like to promote from within, but the last couple... management spots that have opened up have all been filled by outside hires. In the district I was from they didn't even tell anybody that they opened up the job req for a manager position and hired an outside hire. The biggest slap in the face to everyone who worked there.

Advice to Management

Maybe make more options available for those who want to move up in the company

Asurion2019-02-22